Old 07-01-2018, 09:28 PM

Default 67 GTO Radio Antenna Cable Routing

Have finally gotten the correct (and working) AM radio for my 67 GTO. Prior to this new working radio, I had only an antenna installed on the front fender - no antenna cable attached. Now I can finish this part of the car's on-going restoration.

When I started the restoration, the dash & firewall/coweling required extensive rebuilding due to rust damage.... And we may not have allowed for a hole for the antenna cable to pass from the fender-mounted antenna to the radio.

Does anyone have some pics that show how/where the cable is strung from the fender area and into the dash/firewall/(the passenger compartment)? Also, what is the diameter of that hole?

Greatly Appreciated for any pics and advice you can share with me!!!

Old 07-01-2018, 10:51 PM

I don't know the size of the hole but here you go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0668.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	486840   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0682.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	486841  

Old 07-01-2018, 11:24 PM

Awesome! Thank you! I think I can work with this.

Old 07-19-2020, 03:15 PM
Senior Chief

This is great. One question, there is a “Antenna Firewall Grommet” that is 9/16 OD black rubber material. Where is this exactly installed into the firewall? Does the fender have to be removed?

Old 07-19-2020, 05:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One suggesstion: That location for the antenna is a bad place to R&R the antenna if broken. A better place is where the power antenna is located on the rear quarter. Much easier to get to if you are in the restoration process and not concerned with originality.

George

Old 07-20-2020, 05:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What George said & that is where my PA is.

Old 07-20-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtobully View Post
This is great. One question, there is a “Antenna Firewall Grommet” that is 9/16 OD black rubber material. Where is this exactly installed into the firewall? Does the fender have to be removed?
Look at my pics above, you will see where it goes through the firewall. I would say you do not have to remove the fender but you will have to remove the cowl panel