Old 07-09-2020, 12:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Differences between 66' & 67'dash harnesses

I'm restoring a 66' GTO with rally gauges and the original dash wiring harness is in poor shape. I have a really nice 67' GTO harness, also for rally gauges, from a previous restoration. Other than the turn signal indicator light, is there any difference in the harnesses that would prevent me from using the 67' harness?

62' Lemans, Nostalgia Super Stock, 541 CI, IA2 block, billet 4.5" crank, Ross, Wide port Edelbrocks, Gustram intake, 2 4150 style BLP carbs, 2.10 Turbo 400, 9" w/4:30 gears, 8.76 @153, 3100lbs
Old 07-09-2020, 06:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In 1975 I had to do the opposite, use a 66 harness in my 67 (both Rally clusters). Two items stand out to me as being different, and one of those was the wiring for the wiper motor, the other being the column harness in 67 included wiring for the four way flasher. I was working at a GM dealership at the time and had access to factory schematics to guide me through it. There may also be differences between manual and automatic harnesses, but I was using 4 speed stuff.

Old 07-09-2020, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Try and contact Pete Serio (member here) he can answer that question definitively.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Just from memory- The 67 harness has a different plug for the column harness (hazard button). (bigger half moon ) The pin arrangement at the fuse box does not match the headlight harness of the 66 headlight harness. Some 67 harnesss have the wiper harness integrated into the dash harness and feed through the firewall. Others have the wiper harness integrated into the headlight harness. The wiper switch plug may be a different configuration than 66. Again from memory as I had a 66 that had a 67 harness in it and I punted and yanked it out. and put a 66 harness in it

Again... just from memory