WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2008-09 G8 owners > G8 General Tech/Discussion

G8 General Tech/Discussion G8 general tech and discussion area.

Old 04-20-2016, 11:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Buyer research

I'm in the early stages of due diligence as part of a possible purchase of a 2009(maybe 2008) G8 GT. Have a good article from Smoke Signals that outlines the features, options, differences, production numbers etc. between the G8, G8 GT, and GXP. I need to know more about things like recalls, reliability and safety issues, quirks owners have experienced, warranty issues, "what to look for", etc. I've read through many posts on these forums. Just wondering if there are any other GM, DOT, etc. sites where I can really bone up on these cars before I start a serious search for one, since I am a very detail oriented person, especially when it comes to major purchases. All my past Pontiac experience has been in the restoration area on early GTO's and a Catalina 2+2. What are the best sources of hard info(not opinion or innuendo) for a prospective buyer on the G8? I don't like surprises. Also not interested in anything related to performance modifications, since I will be looking for the best cared for, lowest miles, totally stock car I can find(aren't we all).
Old 06-19-2016, 11:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Buyer research

Never mind. Found safercar.gov, G8board.com, gmrecall.com that have lots of info. Doesn't look like this forum seems to generate much activity.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:02 AM

Is this Terry in Powder town? If so reply on this forum. I can give you some first hand info since I've owned my G8/GT for 6 years now.

FHummel
Old 07-24-2016, 11:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Buyer research

PM sent