Old 05-30-2019, 10:02 PM
Senior Chief

Default Window sticker question.

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this question but here goes.
I was looking at the window sticker for the '08 Solstice GXP that I bought last year and I noticed down in the lower right hand corner where it usually lists the dealers name it says "General Motors, Detroit MI. The car was built 08/07 and was sold to the person I bought it from in 08/08 with 2600 miles on it. The title I got from him states "previously titled in IL". I did find some info in the car about the Buick/Pontiac/GMC dealer in northern IL that the PO bought it from.
Any ideas what is going on here.
It seems to be a very early '08.

1969 Firebird 350 convertible, t-5, Carousel Red
2008 Solstice GXP 5speed manual, Sly
2008 Grand Prix, Ink Slate, Winter daily driver
2009 G8, Switchblade Silver, summer daily driver
Old 05-30-2019, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It was driven new by a GM employee, then sold when it got over 2500 miles. Mostly likely a field rep or something similar where they turn them in when they get 2500 miles and are issued a new one. GM used to sell these cars via online auction to dealers only; I assume they still do them that way.

When I worked at a dealership I handled a couple of sales of these cars to the employees they were issued to. They liked them so much they bought them.

We also bought a few via the online auction, but most were so far away that the transportation costs would eat up all the profit.

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT