THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default EBAY ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

Guys,

Sorry but I need to vent.

Last month I received a letter from I.C. Systems, have no idea what it was until I opened and found out they are a collection agency for EBAY. Apparently I owe EBAY $25.32 for auction of items I sold on EBAY.

Here is the kicker, I haven't sold anything on EBAY in quite awhile, so I contact EBAY through there chat function and find out that another account was created in my name using my address and phone number. Supposedly this person sold some items through this new account and the people payed him but he did not send them and also didn't pay EBAY for the auction.

So guess who gets the bill???? You got it ME. The only thing is I don't get it physically, it goes to the bogus email account created by that user, and goes unanswered.

So last month I get a letter from the collection agency stating that I owe said amount of money to EBAY. I contact EBAY through chat and explain to them my situation, that is when I was told that a new account was created. Than I was told to file a security complaint via email to EBAY security department. So I do and get no response after a week, so I get on the chat line again with EBAY and was told that I sent it to the wrong place, which in fact was the place I was told to email it from the person I was chatting with (I have the chat sessions). So he gives me another place to send my complaint and guess what still no response from EBAY after a week.

So next I chat again and demand a number to call so I can talk to a live person. I get a number, talk to a live person and am told that my problem will be taken care of and everything will be cleared, I say great, thank you very much.

Well this brings me to today. Today I get a phone call from the collection agency and my delinquent payment still stands.

I get on the chat again with EBAY because it seems the only way to talk to anyone on that end. They assure me that the problem will now be escalated and I will hear from EBAY in 2-3 business days, which is what I was told last month.

I told them this time, if I do not hear from EBAY by the end of the week EBAY will be hearing from lawyer on Monday.

I also called the collection agency and filled them in as to what is going on and told them if they don't hear from EBAY by the end of the week, they will hear from my lawyer on Monday.

What else am I suppose to do???? I could pay it but it isn't mine to pay and that will only be admitting that it was me which it wasn't.

There is a principle here that needs to be addressed and I am not paying for a fraudulent auction that is not mine while that person gets off scott free.

The thing that scares me is, what stops this person from doing the same thing again. He has my name and mailing address and can create another account at anytime and who knows another couple months down the road I could get another notice.

I told EBAY after this is taken care of, I am done with EBAY and will cancel and erase my account.

Sorry, I just had to vent

Mark

1965 GTO: 467 (Built By Dan Willever), 400 Block, Eagle 4.25 Stroke, Eagle 6.8 Rods, BRC Pistons, Custom Grind Hydraulic Roller Cam, Edelbrock 72cc Heads Ported, HS Rockers, Doug's Headers, Edelbrock Victor 4150, QTF 850 Carb, TCI Flex plate, AutoGear M22 4 Speed, SPEC Clutch and Pressure Plate, 12 Bolt 3:73 Posi.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Suspended

Location: The Palomino Ranch in Tucson-where the real horsepower lives.

I wouldn't have been so "polite".

Old 09-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65gto69 View Post
Guys,

I told EBAY after this is taken care of, I am done with EBAY and will cancel and erase my account.

Mark
sad thing is, they won't even care.

A seller can't even leave negative feedback for a deadbeat...........with policies like that I wouldn't be surprised if many long time sellers bail.

Old 09-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Senior Chief

Since I'm out of work. My wife wanted me to start an EBAY account to sell different items around the house. This is exactly why I haven't to this point. As a side note. I have a buddy who sells on EBAY. He also said he's getting tired of deadbeat bidders, stupid questions, and delinquent payers.

1995 Formula Firehawk #592

Old 09-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Start by sending a "DV" Debt Validation" letter to the collection agency.
http://www.creditinfocenter.com/rebu...lidation.shtml

Then check your credit & see if they are reporting you. If they are, dispute it with the credit bureau.

Make sure that they remove any/all negative entries on your credit. The collection agency may be willing to drop the charge, but most won't remove any negative reports to your credit.

Once everything is all cleared up, double & triple check your credit for the next year or so. I've heard of collection agencies & credit bureaus removing your negative comments only to add them back a few months later.

Good luck!

There is no try. - Yoda

1967 Firebird Restoration 2005 - 1/25/2017
Old 09-30-2009, 02:20 PM
62Lemans

I wouldnt wait til Monday. Have your attorney contact BOTH today.

This is not quite the same but...........

We are listed in the PH book by initial only. Several someones with same initial and last name are deadbeats. The collection agencys grab our nbr out of the directory listings and call us - refuse to listen that they have a wrong nbr

After fighting with them for months I called my attorney. He got the matter taken care of same day. Havent heard a word now in over two years!

Old 09-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The sad thing is that an attorney can charge you a lot more than the $25.32, unless he's a friend who'll do it for free.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default creative identity theft

That's what it amounts to. I would look into pressing charges, if you can catch the bastard.
Too bad you couldn't tap into that joker's eBay account and bid on some really expensive suff.

The email he used to start up his account has to be valid.

Seeking recovery of my stolen 1988 Buick LeSabre T-type. Primary summer driver & Road Trip car.
Garnet Red with 2007 PENDOT inspection stickers on windshield. Had minor damage to left rear quarter & bumper. Last three of VIN: 301
Could be being driven with altered VIN.
Bodywork on left rear quarter (near the tail light) would be a tip-off.
Last seen by a patrol officer doing a routine plate check in Gary, Indiana, August 31, 2009
(The thieves were driving, but my plate was clean.)
Old 09-30-2009, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
That's what it amounts to. I would look into pressing charges, if you can catch the bastard.
Too bad you couldn't tap into that joker's eBay account and bid on some really expensive suff.

The email he used to start up his account has to be valid.
the email is a gmail account with my name attached to it something like mmiller****@gmail.com. I don't even have a gmail account. only set up 2 gmail accounts and they were for clients of mine. I am sure ebay was probably sending tons of notices to that email address with no answers, hence the reason for my situation now.

I have my base internet provider email account and yahoo email accounts, that is it

the funny thing is, i thought you needed a credit card to create an account for ebay??? I thought that was for ebay billing purposes. How did this guy create an ebay account without a credit card? If he would have had a credit card in his account he would have been charged the moneys. Unless he ignored paying his credit card.

According to ebay, that account was closed when problems started occurring with the bidders and not paying ebay.

I have no idea what went on with this, all I know is I am a victim.

That is the problem with this stealing identity problem we are having now. Way too easy for the con to snipe your identity and spend your money and not get caught. Way to hard to clear this problem if your a victim.

Innocent until proven guilty my eye. Your guilty until proven innocent and how do you prove it with all the facts they need to see are in black white on their desk stating that you made the purchase.

This guy will never be found, it was a hit and run, just glad he didn't get my personal info or my credit card number, I could have been in a real jam.

1965 GTO: 467 (Built By Dan Willever), 400 Block, Eagle 4.25 Stroke, Eagle 6.8 Rods, BRC Pistons, Custom Grind Hydraulic Roller Cam, Edelbrock 72cc Heads Ported, HS Rockers, Doug's Headers, Edelbrock Victor 4150, QTF 850 Carb, TCI Flex plate, AutoGear M22 4 Speed, SPEC Clutch and Pressure Plate, 12 Bolt 3:73 Posi.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 T/A View Post
The sad thing is that an attorney can charge you a lot more than the $25.32, unless he's a friend who'll do it for free.
Yes, I am aware of that, but unfortunately I may have a credit report problem here also and that will need to cleared, so will probably need an attorney anyway.

Mark

Old 09-30-2009, 05:00 PM

You will NEVER get an answer from ebay. I had someone hack my account and I called and talked to at LEAST 10 different people. Each one kept telling me I needed to talk to this department or this person, but they could never help me. Ebay could not give 2 s**ts about you as long as they can collect their commision that is all they care about. Do yourself a favor and just pay it and forget about it. Way less headaches in the long run. While it is still the best place to find stuff, Ebay does not even come close to being what it once was.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i quit selling on ebay for all the reasons listed and more. they do not care, but if you were a 8 -10 an hour phone answerer would you care either? someone should start a website to deliver negative responses to ebay and send them about 100k emails a day and maybe they would wake up and go back to what their original success was made of.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That sucks getting stuck with the bill.

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65gto69 View Post
Yes, I am aware of that, but unfortunately I may have a credit report problem here also and that will need to cleared, so will probably need an attorney anyway.

Mark
Check out the link I posted above. Everything you need to know on how to clean up your credit & take care of the issue is on that site.
No need to pay a lawyer. It just takes a little research and a few letters on your part.

There is no try. - Yoda

1967 Firebird Restoration 2005 - 1/25/2017
Old 10-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speargun View Post
Check out the link I posted above. Everything you need to know on how to clean up your credit & take care of the issue is on that site.
No need to pay a lawyer. It just takes a little research and a few letters on your part.
OK, I will look into it.

Thanks,
Mark

Old 10-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

and if you think this sucks, just wait for govt health care....(this is re to getting hold of people or getting things straightened out, just like the post office...)

http://FirstGenFirebird.org/show/closeup.mv?CarID=221

breathe and enjoy it , life is temporary

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 10-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well no call or anything from EBAY so come Monday morning my attorney gets a call and the legal ball will be set in motion.

I figured I wouldn't, didn't get any call the last time I was told EBAY would call me in 2-3 business days.

The collection agency called me a 9:30 this morning, my wife answered the phone, came to get me and until I picked up the phone (maybe 15 seconds), they had already hung up. So I have no idea what that was all about, but they will have their turn to explain it to the MAN.

Mark

Old 10-03-2009, 05:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

The issue I have is if the scammer didn't follow thru with sending the product, and you pay the Ebay seller bill could you also become responsible for that as well?

Old 10-03-2009, 10:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg View Post
The issue I have is if the scammer didn't follow thru with sending the product, and you pay the Ebay seller bill could you also become responsible for that as well?
Don't know, never though of that.

I am not intending on paying his bill, that is why I am getting a lawyer to plead my case. I have 4 chat sessions, with EBAY, printed out and on it EBAY is stating that the account was a fraudulent, has been closed. I believe that is enough evidence right there to clear of any accusations that have been made against me earlier.

Plus I have one phone call into them, talked to a live person and have her name written down, and EBAY should have recorded the call. The lady I talked to on the phone stated that the fraudulent account was closed, they would clear my issue of owing money and notify the collection agency. Plus she also stated that I would get emails to notify me of what EBAY did as far as fixing the problem.

I never received any emails or notifications of any kind, and the recent phone calls from I.C. Systems collections agency proves that EBAY did nothing to resolve the issue from over one month ago.

So no I am not paying the bill just to clear my name. There is a principle here that needs to be presented to EBAY and I.C. Systems, that I was a victim and matters were not dealt with in a proper, professional matter, not to mention my credit report could be scared by this little incidence, which is another thing I will have to straighten out on my own.

Mark

Old 10-04-2009, 01:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
and if you think this sucks, just wait for govt health care....(this is re to getting hold of people or getting things straightened out, just like the post office...)
Congratulations - that ranks as the stupidest thing I heard all week.