73-77 A-body TECH Includes 73GTO, LeMans, Grand Am, Can Am

Old 06-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default PY Open House 2012

Any 73-77 owners going?

Old 06-14-2012, 07:31 AM

I'll be there Friday night and Saturday.

Old 06-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll be there with the Can't Am...Maryland tags that read "RARE 77"...that's me...arriving on Saturday morning and hanging over for the race/show at Maple Grove on Sunday.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Horst...was great to finally put a face with the posts after all of these years. Seeing the caliber of some of the other cars there has me wanting to do some more detailing on the Can Am, and correcting the brake cylinder and booster, among other things. Above all though, meeting Horst and so many other people is really what it was all about.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A pleasure meeting you as well. Beautiful Cam Am. As I said, I have a copy of emails with you from 1999 when we were talking about the GTO ram air system. Nice to meet Phil Griffith too. Hope to see his Grand Am someday. Also nice to hang with Alan Haynes and Bill (Billygoat). Had a great time!

Old 06-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yea, if I could just get more people interested in that ram air system, I'd repop it from Phil's system, but only having 4 or 6 people say they'd buy is not enough. I went down this road already with the crank snout bearing support for a roots blower drive for Pontiacs, and the expense wasn't that great out of pocket...repopping the ram air system would be a greater expense, one I just can't "eat".

Phil would have brought the Grand Am had it not been in his buddy's shop having the In Design nose fitted and painted to match the rest of the car. There's always next year!

Old 06-19-2012, 11:00 AM

Brian,

Sorry I did not get a chance to meet and talk with you. I was down to see your Can Am and you had some folks talking with you and I didn't want to interrupt. Will touch base some time in the future, I'm sure.

You have a very nice car. I did get to spend time with Alan & Horst. Great chance to chat and catch up with what's going on with other 73-77 A-Body folks. Looking forward to next time.

Bill

Old 06-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bill, I remember a couple of people walking up when I was talking with Rob and his wife. I had just gotten there not 15 minutes earlier probably when you walked up (LOL).

I'll be back at Maple Grove this coming Saturday with the Can Am for their 50th anniversary race and show.

Old 06-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh, and thanks everyone for the compliments on the Can Am. I gave it a lick & a promise cleanup on Friday before the show, not my usual methodical clean up before a show. The paint still looks pretty good considering it was finished in June 1996.