Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 01-15-2020, 09:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default PCV with offenhauser 2-4

For those of you running an Offenahuser 2-4 intake, where is your pcv located and how’s it plumbed? My offy intake doesn’t have a cutout for the pcv (68-79) location) like my Edelbrock 2-4 had.

Right now I’m looking at ordering a repo 64-67 valley pan with the pcv located in the back BUT I will be running a hydraulic roller cam and wanted to avoid having to clearance the valley pan unless I really need to.

My other option that I’m not sure if it will work or not is to use a 68+ valley pan with a shallow style 90 degree pcv valve and route the hose out the front of intake and loop it back to the front of the carb. This way I could order a tomahawk pan from Butler that they claim clears hydraulic roller lifters.

1967 GTO, 432 (428+.030), 4-bolt mains, factory Nodular crank, scat rods, icon dished pistons, Lunati HR 243/251@.050, .618/.622 lift, Edelbrock 72cc round port heads, 10.5:1, offy 2-4 intake, Edelbrock 650cfm carbs, Super T10 trans (2.64 first), BOP 10 bolt w/ Eaton posi and 3.36 gears
Old 01-15-2020, 09:53 PM
Boost Engineer

If you look on top of the Balance Tube (between the two Carb Mounting Pads,
you will see a 1" diameter slightly raised up casting boss. There should be a
slight "dimple" in the metal in the center.

If you drill that dimple so that you have a hole you can tap for a 3/8" "right angle nipple" with a thread on one end and a hose nipple on the other.

The hole should be drilled deep enough so that you have flow on both sides of that center divider. This will allow the 4 cfm of Crankcase Fumes thru the PCV Valve to go to both planes of intake runners.

Run a 3/8" hose from the nipple to the PCV valve located at the rear of the engine and you are good to go. Some Offy intakes already have that hole drilled and tapped (See Picture).
Click on pic to make larger

Been there done that.

Tom V.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Offy PCV system.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	528909  

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 01-15-2020 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks Tom, I was just planning on running the pcv hose to either the front of the front car or rear of the rear carb depending on where the actual pcv valve goes. (Im not running vacuum breaks so the rear port is open on the rear carb.) my main question is which valley pan I need or can run

1967 GTO, 432 (428+.030), 4-bolt mains, factory Nodular crank, scat rods, icon dished pistons, Lunati HR 243/251@.050, .618/.622 lift, Edelbrock 72cc round port heads, 10.5:1, offy 2-4 intake, Edelbrock 650cfm carbs, Super T10 trans (2.64 first), BOP 10 bolt w/ Eaton posi and 3.36 gears
Old 01-15-2020, 10:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You can use your current valley pan. Drill a hole in the manifold for the PCV valve with a hole saw above the PCV location in the valley pan..done it a dozen times.

Last edited by PAUL K; 01-15-2020 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:30 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67gtospud View Post
Thanks Tom, I was just planning on running the pcv hose to either the front of the front car or rear of the rear carb depending on where the actual pcv valve goes. (Im not running vacuum breaks so the rear port is open on the rear carb.) my main question is which valley pan I need or can run
Not talking much difference in crankcase flow whatever way you do it.
4 or 5 cfm is not going to affect air/fuel ratios one bit.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 01-16-2020, 01:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think I used a 389/421 valley pan with the PCV at the rear when I ran an offenhauser dual quad intake.

Old 01-16-2020, 10:41 AM

Default PCV

I have a Spotts flat valley pan. No clearance issues. Ran my PCV to the valve cover. Got a 90 PCV at the store. Breather on the other cover. Seems to be working fine. Is there a problem with this set up?