Old 10-08-2018, 06:48 PM

Hi, which way did you go? I am looking to do the same thing. But not sure what size I need. Will need fans etc. Thanks.
Mine is a 1967 with a 69 250 cu inch OHC. With A/C and power steering.

Old 10-08-2018, 10:53 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

you have any more pics of that fan setup hgerhardt

Old 10-09-2018, 07:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

What I did is make adapter brackets that pick up the ears on the sides of the electric fan housing and bolted those to where the fan shroud normally attaches on the core support. The core support fan shroud rails are not parallel to the radiator, so your brackets need to have that angle included. Easiest way to do that is get some 2 x 2 x 1/8 alum angle and bolt/rivet together to get that angle and spacing. Sounds more complicated than it is. Do a mockup in your car and you'll see what's needed.

Also, the 4th-gen F-body fan setup fits the tall A/C radiator in 66-67. If your car is non-A/C with the short core, you'll have to trim off the bottom to fit.

Last edited by hgerhardt; 10-09-2018 at 07:39 PM.