Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2022, 05:48 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 1966 GTO Dash Advice

I have a 1966 GTO that is a really nice driver. I restored it just out of HS with the final paint and finish in 1991. So, it has been a while. Fast forward to today, there are so many more parts available now that weren't back then.

I want to restore the dash. The car has rally gauges and a pretty nice original dash pad. But the wood, chrome, and switches are 56 years old. It want to get the interior standing taller.

Here are a few questions.

In today's world, is it better for me to pull out my dash bezel and have it rechromed or buy a repop?

Who restores gauges? Peter Serio still at it? If he is, does he still fully restore Hurst shifters as well?

Is there anyone I can send my dash bezel to, and get it back fully restored?

Does anyone restore heater controls?

I can do all the un-install and install work. Looking for guidance where to start.

Thanks in advance!!

1966 GTO Hardtop - PS 14.84 @ 97mph