Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Old 10-11-2017, 11:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az
Default Pontiac Heaven show Sunday, November 12 Wild Horse Pass Phoenix , Az area

The 19th annual Pontiac Heaven event will be held Sunday, November 12 at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports park. It will include a car show overlooking Firebird lake. There will be 25 classes. Times are 8-3
Show entry is $25 there is no charge for spectators

Any vehicle entry welcome as long as it is real Pontiac Powered. No corporate or not real Pontiac powered entries can enter but, all are welcome to attend to spectate. This is our annual celebration of Pontiac V8 power.
Pontiac Heaven is always a 'parts friendly' event so, bring your parts with you to sell and come to look around and buy!
more info on the Pontiac Heaven face book page or call 480-899-7873
This event is a show only, there will not be any racing. Pontiac Heaven weekend has been rescheduled to Feb 16-18, 2018 at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 10-11-2017, 04:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well I won't be there without the racing but I'm glad to hear it's rescheduled for Feb.

Does Feb include racing? We like to race and show the cars.

Providing it's not snowing up here, I can do Feb.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

I have added some features for the 18th annual Pontiac Heaven weekend Nov 11-12. On the 11th , there will be tours of classic salvage yards and a private tour at one of my Pontiac Heaven storage locations. Sat night is Pontiac night in Scottsdale pavillions.
For the main day, Sunday, I have added an autocross to the show and the event is parts friendly. Sunday runs 8-3.
More info including the event flyer on the Pontiac Heaven page on face book

Hosting-
Old 10-23-2017, 11:11 PM

I was planning on making this event, for weeks now. Got a call Friday and it seems that now I'm headed out to bring a drillship from Trinidad into the Gulf of Mexico. Leaving this Friday and won't likely be home in time. My '67 GP is ready. Damn. Going to have to wait for the February event. Thanks for all your hard work putting this together Steve.
Hunter

"Fat people make lousy revolutionaries". - Me

'67 Grand Prix 400/400 Cameo Ivory
'69 Firebird Roller Project
'69 Grand Prix J 455/400 Midnight Green (SOLD)
'66 LeMans Ex-Drag Racer Parts Car (SOLD)
'66 TOO DAMNED RUSTY GTO Project (SOLD!)
'70 Firebird Esprit (SOLD)
Old 10-25-2017, 07:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have it scheduled. I also have a pile of parts I should bring along. Excited about swap stuff. I remember the old PH events at Speedworld had an awesome parts swap area.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:29 PM
Senior Chief

Sounds great! I don't have a running car to show, but I'll be there as a spectator.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Lover View Post
I was planning on making this event, for weeks now. Got a call Friday and it seems that now I'm headed out to bring a drillship from Trinidad into the Gulf of Mexico. Leaving this Friday and won't likely be home in time. My '67 GP is ready. Damn. Going to have to wait for the February event. Thanks for all your hard work putting this together Steve.
Hunter
Sorry to learn you cannot make it. we will miss you. take care and see you here in Feb!

Hosting-
Old 11-08-2017, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
I have it scheduled. I also have a pile of parts I should bring along. Excited about swap stuff. I remember the old PH events at Speedworld had an awesome parts swap area.
Yes, those Speedworld swap days are well remembered. The problem with 2014-5 was any swappers needed to buy a permit in advance to sell anything and that killed it.
However, those laws/rules have been rescinded so, we can not sell used parts at my swap meet without a permit/license! This is great news but, it will take some time to get the word out.
Last years' event weekend was the first time I was able to run the events under the new policy and we had a dozen or so vendors. For the Feb event weekend, am expecting it to grow further.
For this Sunday, people can bring out some parts to sell and also get to enjoy the day. Looking forward to seeing everyone and the weather looks nice for it.
Also, am expecting the autocross to grow this Sunday as well. Last years got off to a good start and Chris Hall is in charge of running it so, we know it will be a good time.

Hosting-
Old 11-08-2017, 10:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ64GP View Post
Sounds great! I don't have a running car to show, but I'll be there as a spectator.
Come on down and enjoy the day with us fans of Pontiac V8 power!

There is no admission charge for spectators, just $5 for parking.

Hosting-
Old 11-08-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak View Post
Sorry to learn you cannot make it. we will miss you. take care and see you here in Feb!
Thanks Steve. Due to a set of very unfortunate circumstances at work (my working partner suffered a massive heart attack two hours after we arrived on a drillship in Trinidad) I'm home and we will indeed be driving our white '67 Grand Prix down from Jerome to this event. We'll arrive Saturday at the Pavilions to hang out and cruise, then be at the event on Sunday.

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!
Hunter

Old 11-08-2017, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Do you live in Jerome?

That's a stone throw from me, I'm just on the other side of Mingus by the old Yavapai Fairgrounds. I swing over to Jerome fairly often. Matter of fact, took the off road way in a couple weeks ago to grab lunch at the Haunted Hamburger.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I posted something wrong and misleading here that needs to be clarified.
Somehow, I posted the word "not" when, I intended to post "Now".

So, to clarify, and to correct my prior post that I cannot edit-

However, those laws/rules have been rescinded so, we can now sell used parts at my swap meet without a permit/license! This is great news but, it will take some time to get the word out.

any questions, best to email me direct or call steve@pontiacheaven.org 480-899-7873

sorry about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Barcak View Post
Yes, those Speedworld swap days are well remembered. The problem with 2014-5 was any swappers needed to buy a permit in advance to sell anything and that killed it.
However, those laws/rules have been rescinded so, we can not sell used parts at my swap meet without a permit/license! This is great news but, it will take some time to get the word out.
Last years' event weekend was the first time I was able to run the events under the new policy and we had a dozen or so vendors. For the Feb event weekend, am expecting it to grow further.
For this Sunday, people can bring out some parts to sell and also get to enjoy the day. Looking forward to seeing everyone and the weather looks nice for it.
Also, am expecting the autocross to grow this Sunday as well. Last years got off to a good start and Chris Hall is in charge of running it so, we know it will be a good time.

Hosting-
Old 11-10-2017, 12:51 PM

Default Best Western Called.....

Steve, you may want to give Best Western Hotel by Firebird a call. They just called me to tell me that your event was cancelled and moved to February. I corrected the person and told her that this weekend was indeed a go. I had made a reservation for Saturday night and she thought I was coming tonite for 3 nights.
I told her that indeed there is a Pontiac Heaven event this weekend but it would probably be worth a call to their manager to straighten them out. Hunter

Old 11-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Steve, you may want to give Best Western Hotel by Firebird a call. They just called me to tell me that your event was cancelled and moved to February. I corrected the person and told her that this weekend was indeed a go. I had made a reservation for Saturday night and she thought I was coming tonite for 3 nights.
I told her that indeed there is a Pontiac Heaven event this weekend but it would probably be worth a call to their manager to straighten them out. Hunter
Correct, I did tell the hotel that the event was moved to Feb. and did not tell them about the Sunday show still happening.
thanks for the info. will contact them drive safe see you here

Hosting-
Old 11-13-2017, 09:59 AM

Default What a Great Time!

Steve, thanks again for all you hard work putting together this meet. Beautiful day, LOTS of wonderful Pontiacs, great folks and, not sure how you did it, but the military jet flyover was a big bonus ;^)

Wanted to mention that, we talked about my car running hot, detonation, timing, etc. Before we left the meet, I pulled out my toolbag and popped my hood to retard the timing in my GP and the gent with the red '70 GTO convert (Dale?) came straight over to ask me if I had everything I needed. Never met the guy before, but he stayed there and discussed the same topic while I moved the distributor a tad. That's the kind of people one runs into at these Pontiac shows.

BIG thanks again. See you in February!
Hunter

Old 11-13-2017, 01:01 PM
Senior Chief

A big thank you to Steve for putting on another great Pontiac Heaven show! My car is still mostly in pieces and I couldn't bring it, but it was great to check out the Pontiacs of others. The weather was great, everyone was friendly and it looked like a great turnout! I brought my dad with me and he really enjoyed it too.

Old 11-15-2017, 10:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Steve, thanks again for all you hard work putting together this meet. Beautiful day, LOTS of wonderful Pontiacs, great folks and, not sure how you did it, but the military jet flyover was a big bonus ;^)

Wanted to mention that, we talked about my car running hot, detonation, timing, etc. Before we left the meet, I pulled out my toolbag and popped my hood to retard the timing in my GP and the gent with the red '70 GTO convert (Dale?) came straight over to ask me if I had everything I needed. Never met the guy before, but he stayed there and discussed the same topic while I moved the distributor a tad. That's the kind of people one runs into at these Pontiac shows.

BIG thanks again. See you in February!
Hunter
Thank you for the kind words. the idea of Pontiac Heaven is to benefit all in the hobby using Pontiac V8 power and if it helped you in any way, it was a success. We'll do it again for our 20th annual Feb 16-18, 2018 at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park.

Hosting-
Old 11-15-2017, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ64GP View Post
A big thank you to Steve for putting on another great Pontiac Heaven show! My car is still mostly in pieces and I couldn't bring it, but it was great to check out the Pontiacs of others. The weather was great, everyone was friendly and it looked like a great turnout! I brought my dad with me and he really enjoyed it too.
Thank you for the nice words and for posting. We need to get more to attend but, am happy it turned out well. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Let's do it again in Feb for the 20th annual.

Hosting-
Old 01-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Definitely a blast! I'll have several cars out again!! Thanks for all the hard work Steve.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbirds View Post
Definitely a blast! I'll have several cars out again!! Thanks for all the hard work Steve.
So glad you enjoyed yourself! You are most welcome, the pleasure is mine! Long live real Pontiac V8 Power! Congrats on your win Mike!

Hosting-