Old 08-02-2023, 07:59 PM

Default Chrome strip

On my 1972 grand prix, the chrome strip on the bottom, of the rocker panel is loose, what is the best way to reattach it?

Old 08-13-2023, 04:52 PM

If I understand correctly, the bottom of the rocker panel molding has come loose from the clips. After I bought mine last year, I realized that the bottom of the moldings wasn't attached to the clips and rattled. I removed the moldings and reinstalled them ensuring that the bottom lip was hooked onto the top and bottom of the clips. New clips are available if you need them. I purchased new moldings and clips from AMES and will be installing them when it gets back from paint. Hope this helps.

Old 08-17-2023, 02:49 PM

Sorry. I think I may have got that wrong. It's been a while since I looked those setups. But there are clips that mount to the underneath of the rocker panel, in addition to the ones on the rocker panel itself. My lower clips were missing. If I recall correctly, I couldn't find the original screw holes for the bottom brackets due to the amount of undercoating on the bottom of the car, so I attached the molding to the top clip and put the two screws in to hold it in place. Then put the bottom clip in place on the molding, pushed the lower part of the molding in place, and then marked for and drilled a new hole for the new underside clip. Hope this clarifies things. Again, sorry about the first response.