THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-15-2024, 10:52 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbikrash View Post
Yes, separate 6 rib serpentine for accessories. The blower drive pulley is a dedicated 8 rib serpentine that has its own HD automatic belt tensioner. This allows you to change blower pulleys (and boost) without disturbing the accessories.

This also keeps the blower belt as sort as possible which helps eliminate slip.

I’ll post pics of the accessory drive as it progresses, but it will accommodate alternator, power steering, and optionally AC.
Do you know about how far your accessory and blower drive assemblies will stick out from the front face of the engine? Early GTO’s are a little limited on space between the radiator and engine….

Also anyone know how reliable electric water pumps are on a street driven vehicle?

Thanks, and beautiful work!

Old 01-15-2024, 11:36 PM
Senior Chief

Not sure I understand if you plan on supplying complete kits including a new supercharger but
You may want to note the smallest pulley it can handle. Fooling with Hellcat superchargers for a while we learned that when changing to a smaller pulley, the supercharger bearings spin much faster then it was built for and they fail.

Old 01-16-2024, 12:09 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID67goat View Post
Do you know about how far your accessory and blower drive assemblies will stick out from the front face of the engine? Early GTO’s are a little limited on space between the radiator and engine….

Also anyone know how reliable electric water pumps are on a street driven vehicle?

Thanks, and beautiful work!
The motor pictured elsewhere in this thread is going into my '65 GTO after the dyno pulls. I was able to measure all the clearances as my '65 has the same electric water pump and twin Spal electric fans.

The accessory pulley measures about 2.5" away from the back of the Spal fans- so plenty of clearance.

I've had the electric water pump in my '65 for about 6 years with no issues, they are rated for 3000 hours.

1969 GTO 467, Edelbrock 325 CFM, Terminator EFI
1969 Firebird Convertible
Old 01-16-2024, 12:18 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack P. View Post
Not sure I understand if you plan on supplying complete kits including a new supercharger but
You may want to note the smallest pulley it can handle. Fooling with Hellcat superchargers for a while we learned that when changing to a smaller pulley, the supercharger bearings spin much faster then it was built for and they fail.
The plan is to offer kits in modules as some people already have injectors, and potentially other components.

The main kit will contain the supercharger, intercooler, manifold/risers, and water crossover.

I'll offer anthor kit with injectors, fuel rails, and all the necessary hardware to run the injectors under the blower in the valley.

A third module will contain the blower drive system with all pulleys.

Lastly, an accessory drive kit will be offered.

As to pulley sizes, pulleys are available from 4.0" dia down to 2.625" diameter in .25" increments. The limit on pulley size is dependent on maximum engine RPM and the pulley ratio. An example would be for an engine with a 6000 RPM redline, the 2.625" pulley would be a conservative minimum.

Old 01-16-2024, 12:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'd be down for the entire kit and caboodle.

Old 01-17-2024, 04:02 PM

Beautiful piece and should make for a very sanitary install. It looks much nicer than a LSA blower lid. I'm assuming control with a Terminator ECU. I'll be patiently waiting to see how yours and Baker's turn out. Dad has been keeping me informed on the Enderle engineering meetings and progress. Nice work!

Old 01-20-2024, 09:35 PM
Senior Chief

Getting ready for the dyno session next month at Westech. Today I pressure checked the fuel rails and wired up the injector harnesses. Packages pretty nice under the blower. The setup on the right is tested and ready for mounting to the engine, the one on the left is not pressure tested yet.

The dual sync distributor can operate as a traditional distributor with plug wires coming off the cap, or as a coil on plug system with a separate coil for each cylinder.

For the dyno session I set this one up for coil on plug, you can see the dummy cap on the distributor. We get cam and crank signal from this only, spark comes from a bank of 8 coils. I run a similar system on my '65 GTO, and I hid the coils on that car which really cleans things up as you can't see them.

On this setup, you can just see the red caps for the fuel line connections, and the fuel injector harness tails coming out around the distributor.

Tom S. lent me a set of dyno headers w/2" primaries, I had an O2 bung welded in each primary tube so we can use the 8 channel lamba monitor at Westech. We can then tune for individual cylinder fuel trim, and with 8 coils, individual spark trim- if needed.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to darbikrash For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2024, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4zpeed View Post
Welcome to the forum, you can click on "darbikrash's" name and use the private message option.

By the way everyone here loves pictures, feel free to start a thread and share some of your cars.

Frank
Thanks for the welcome! I'll hit the DM in a moment. As for pics, I'll have to dig some out for you guys!

The Following User Says Thank You to Fearne For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2024, 12:18 PM

I wonder how many will walk by and think it is a LS? This is definitely the way I want to go on my 71 GTO. Please ad me to the list if there is one, only thing I would need different is a gold anodized lid.

Old 01-26-2024, 03:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkElliott View Post
I wonder how many will walk by and think it is a LS? This is definitely the way I want to go on my 71 GTO. Please ad me to the list if there is one, only thing I would need different is a gold anodized lid.

It's sure going to lead to some interesting conversations on Pontiacs that's for sure. Welcome to the forum, below is post #51
by darbikrash in this thread, you can click on "darbikrash's" name in any of his posts and use the private message option.

Feel free to start a thread and share some pics and information on your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbikrash View Post
I am creating an interest list, if anyone thinks they may want one, please send me a PM with your contact info and I will keep you posted on progress.

I am scheduled for two days of engine dyno testing at Westec sometime next month, so it will be interesting to see the HP numbers. I will be bringing several different pulley diameters, so we can see a good variety of boost numbers.

One other aspect of this particular system that I'll mention is the idle bypass feature. Below you can see a butterfly plate that is below the intercooler, this is used to bypass any boost made by the screws at idle, or at low idle conditions (such as highway cruising). Neither the screws nor the intercooler brick is shown in this view.

This bypass diverts all the boost at idle using the vacuum modulator you can see on the lower side of the blower. It is not electronic -it uses engine vacuum to actuate the butterfly and divert boost. I have this setup to start opening at ~8.5" of vacuum, and is fully open at 10" of vacuum. Any cam with more than 10" of vacuum at idle will work fine, which I think includes most "streetable" cams.

This is important because this system makes boost right away, from idle speed and upwards, with no lag and importantly- no blower surge. Also, these screws take up to 60 hp to turn at full boost, when you are at highway cruise conditions with high engine vacuum, all the boost is bypassed and it takes less than 1/2 hp to turn the screws.

I mounted the throttle body today, its a 102 mm.

Frank

Old 02-04-2024, 05:49 PM
Senior Chief

I think I'm almost ready for the dyno session coming in a couple of weeks.

The plan is to break-in the engine N/A, then switch over to the forced induction pulls. To accomplish this, I took a Speedmaster single plane intake and cut off the water crossover. This means that I can mount the blower drive plate with no belt before the dyno session, and just have 8 (manifold) bolts to remove to switch from N/A to forced induction. Should take about 15 minutes once the N/A pulls are complete. The electric water pump stays the same, and the ignition will be using the ECU and the 8 coils that I have wired up for the forced induction pulls can also be used (timing only) for the N/A pulls.

We'll likely use the Westec Holley 950 XP dyno carb for the N/A pulls. I'm not expecting much HP N/A, this is a low compression, cast iron smog head with not even a port match. It does have a roller cam (OF 2), but it does represent what a typical guy might have in a early '70's low compression street car that has maybe a mild cam and a set of headers.

Here are a couple of shots of the machining process of the first billet units:

The riser blanks were 38 lbs each from Alcoa:

They end up around 6 lbs each:

Billet water crossovers:

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to darbikrash For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2024, 01:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Man I can't wait for the results.

GT

Old 02-05-2024, 07:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Any chance there will be someone available who could shoot some video? I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to see this happen.

Let everyone hear it, maybe get some close ups of the mounted supercharger, uploaded it to YouTube, make it available to a wider audience.

Honestly I just wanna be a fly on the wall, shhh........

Frank

Old 02-05-2024, 04:48 PM
Senior Chief

For sure, I'll be doing some video at the very least.

Old 02-05-2024, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4zpeed View Post
Any chance there will be someone available who could shoot some video? I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to see this happen.

Let everyone hear it, maybe get some close ups of the mounted supercharger, uploaded it to YouTube, make it available to a wider audience.

Honestly I just wanna be a fly on the wall, shhh........

Frank
I'm hoping Richard Holdener will be there taping for his YT channel.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr_GTO For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2024, 06:23 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_GTO View Post
I'm hoping Richard Holdener will be there taping for his YT channel.
I thought of that too. Maybe I'll reach out to him and see if he has an interest.

The Following User Says Thank You to darbikrash For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2024, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Get the Roadkill guys to record it!Tom

Old 02-05-2024, 09:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hell yeah everybody pile in!

Frank

Old 02-05-2024, 11:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Possible to get a few pulls with the Bathtub while you're there?

Sorry not try'in to get greedy. ok maybe a lil bit ...

Frank

Old 02-05-2024, 11:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I will supply the carbs off my car

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom s For This Useful Post: