Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Man, I can't believe that everything hasn't been returned by now. Unbelievable. I'm so sorry you've had to go through all of this darcy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Treat Me Good, I'll Treat You Better; Treat Me Bad, I'll Treat You Worse"
Sonny Barger
Old 12-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by herdswoman
I respect karma, because what goes around, comes around. So I am walking carefully, making sure that every step is sound, safe and legal. Karma is a lady with a wicked sense of humor and I do not care to be on the receiving end of it.
I really like this line. Well said. Ive always been a firm believer in what comes around, goes around.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:59 PM

Darcie I hope evrything is working out for you and yours, met you last summer when I picked up the block at your house , soory to hear of the problems youve had/having with rest of the stuff , hope it all works out
- Bob

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and
try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger.
But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half."
- Winston Churchill

Old 12-12-2006, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

http://www.mccolly.com/getagent/show...c1c79b21160f95
This him?

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:59 PM

Just to let y'all know - Ray came by today and brought back the parts from the trailor. As Jesus said, it is finished. I want to thank all of you for your support during this trying situation. I know each of you have your own opinion of what has been going on and I hope that with this new year everyone will be able to start new and let the past be the past. I talked with Ray this morning and we are good. We both have regrets over what has happened but it is resolved. I will sell the parts on my own (good luck to the novice!!!) but I will get it done. (or I'll burn them!!) See, the car parts aren't Larry to me. I just wanted them back to avoid a problem, so that it would not affect the friendship. I am wrong for my first original post. I stated that Ray was not my friend, but actually he is. I know most of you will not understand this, but I don't expect you to. On the darkest night of my life, I called a friend and he came and helped. I know some of you were at the funeral for Larry. But Ray was there, he had to literally physically carry me into the emergency dept to see about Lar, he was there with me as we saw Larry laid out on a sheet with his bare body still with blood on him. To me, that will always mean something. Yes, I was angry and I lost trust. But I will not forget. So for all you who came to my defense, thank you. And to Ray who came to my side, thank you.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Darcie - You are a good person, best of luck to you in the future.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That was a amazing post Darcie. Your heart is good. Best wishes.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Excellent, I'm glad it's over. Just post your questions of parts/equipment values in one of the forums or I'm sure some of the friends you've made here can give you rough values of the items via PM's.

Best wishes.

"Treat Me Good, I'll Treat You Better; Treat Me Bad, I'll Treat You Worse"
Sonny Barger
Old 12-12-2006, 04:15 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Thank you Darcie, if you need anything else you have my numbers and E-mail.

Ray, thank you as well. You and I talked a lot at the Hotel and at the funeral, I know where your heart is/was. Hang in there and we'll get together at Bradenton this spring if you make it down for the race.

And thanks again to all the great members of PY, you are what makes this board the best!

Old 12-12-2006, 05:07 PM

God Bless Darcie

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and
try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger.
But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half."
- Winston Churchill

Old 12-12-2006, 05:45 PM
Senior Chief

Praise God...I am sitting here shaking with tears in my eyes I am so relieved.

Ray, when you gave her back those things it was like taking out a horrible thorn, and letting the wound close. Darcie will always be able to remember the good, strong friend who was there in the darkest of times. That is something that no one but you could give her or do for her. No amount of money could buy it...if it were to mean anything, it had to come from you. I am so very glad it did.

Darcie said it best: everyone will have their own opinion. She also set the example of forgiveness, and remembering the best about her friend. Hers is an example that is exceptional and rare, something I will think long about and not soon forget.

In several private messages, I have explained to people that at the funeral, there was certainly genuine grief and pain on Ray's face and in his heart. I'm sure it's there still, somewhere. Sometimes people get lost between Point A and Point B and the North Star is too dim, too far away. They need a compass, a signpost or a gigantic screaming neon billboard with an arrow on it.

My turn to need the billboard might be waiting for me next week, or even tomorrow.

I recently bought a ridiculously huge race trailer for the family Christmas present. Every step of getting this thing was a battle; from the seller's credit union not taking our checks, not verifying funds, not taking cashier's checks, to me leaving work and getting 20grand in cash on an hour's notice. The last straw came when I went to get the title. I pulled out of our driveway and felt the trailer rock a little. I checked the mirror, just in time to see the triaxles crush and crumble the concrete/rock supports for the tile in our ditch as the trailer started to dip. Hammered first gear, pulled 'er onto the street, passed no fewer than three cops in four blocks with no plates. Got the rig into the parking lot, safe and sound and the little chicky behind the counter wouldn't give me a title because the seller hadn't printed my name on it. He signed it alright, but hadn't printed my name. I have gone through all of this hassle, passed all of these hurdles, only to be told I cannot print my own name by someone young enough to be my child. I felt myself losing control, and all I wanted to do was cry. I got out of there, sat on the bench outside and wanted Tom's strong arm around my shoulders so bad..... and then I thought of Darcie, and what it must be like to face a million tasks like that without Larry, ever. I put my face in my hands and sobbed like a child.

Guys, I don't think you can imagine what that feels like.

I knew that if there was just one time, one issue on which she would never have to feel powerless again - and if I could fix it for her, I would. So this morning I wrote that last post and laid all the cards on the table. Except for one, and I always keep at least one close to the vest.

I keep my word. This is where it ends.

Old 12-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg
Thank you Darcie, if you need anything else you have my numbers and E-mail.

Ray, thank you as well. You and I talked a lot at the Hotel and at the funeral, I know where your heart is/was. Hang in there and we'll get together at Bradenton this spring if you make it down for the race.

And thanks again to all the great members of PY, you are what makes this board the best!

All the wrongs don't make for one right!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh how people forget about ALL the other issues.
Easy now that part is FINALLY over. MONTHS LATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When your in the business of talking to sell, well let's just say.......... he can talk the talk. Still don't like the way he uses people when it fits his purposes and either makes him look good or when he's in a bind.

People are intitled to their opinions............. looking from the outside in.

But remember............... A leopard never changes it's spots.

One down and how many others he has to take care of or make things right? He knows and they know.

Darcie, you are just way to kind. You deserve the good life.
Things will turn brighter. Just takes time.

Good luck and best wishes from the clan down here. ;)

Old 12-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Amy...sometimes you've just got to sing along with the elevator music.;)

Old 12-12-2006, 07:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Pontiac Dude, It's called manners. Now that it's over it's in pretty bad taste to pile on. I was at the funeral, I know how Ray felt and the good things he's done for Darcie. There was good and bad in this deal, but thank God it's now over. Not once have I defended Ray, hell I won't even take his phone calls due to this.

Trust me I did a lot behind the scenes to get this taken care of for Darcie, and I'd do it all over again if needed.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not piling on. Just don't feel that congulating Ray for doing the right thing after 3 months and all the other people he has hung out to dry is worth the ink to say, thanks RAY.

Just Glad that Darcie............. and Lil Jack

finally got paid or their stuff back after toooooooooooooo long a time and many many posts trying to get it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as long as he Stays out of my Space, I blew off what he owed me a long long time ago!!!!! or Posts from now on we won't have any more issues.

Just hope all the others he has hung out get paid.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:21 PM

darcie , i'm glad you got this situation resolved.

if you ever need anything you've got my number and email also.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 12-12-2006, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONTIAC DUDE

Just hope all the others he has hung out get paid.

gotta agree with this also.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 12-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PONTIAC DUDE
Not piling on, just don't feel that congratulating Ray for doing the right thing after 3 months and all the other people he has hung out to dry is worth the ink to say, "thanks RAY."
Corrected your grammar.:D

I agree with this statement, however, I think it's extremely BIG of Darcie to show the graciousness that she has in her closing comments. She's a better person than I.

Old 12-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Finally, closure! It appears that the parties involved are happy with the end result(s), that's all that really matters. Due to all the publicity, everyone who's followed this event is free to form their own opinions of the involved person(s).

I like having good "back-pocket" information on folks, keeps me from getting burnt really badly on occassion. Glad Ray came through on this one.

Darcy, plenty of free advice and help for you if/when you decide to move some more of the items, don't hesitate to ask......Cliff

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),