Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 03-08-2003, 06:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ron, Our tech line is avail till midnight. If anyone needs to reach me after my normal hours they can email me its in my file. If you need to do a price match with us all you have to do is check our website or look at one of our catalogs. Were not perfect but we sure try. I went to order the System 1 oil filter off your website on Tuesday & i noticed the price went up $40.00. The price has always been around $80.00 for years & all of a sudden it went up $40.00 so i decided against it. I know its not your fault if System 1 raised there prices. Just my thoughts don't let all of this get to you. I see plenty of positive feedback for Jegs. I learned along time ago you can't please everybody no matter how hard you try.

Old 03-08-2003, 07:07 PM

Ddn't quite get Scott's response there. Was it good, bad or indifferent? Haerd you guys added Don Garlits to your program, what, you needed one more has-been on your list? Just kidding, Don is phenominal and EVERYBODIES hero, just trying to get a rise. How about this...o.k.."Scummit"...how's that? Seriously, Scott, I believe that you,of all people, understand what I am saying. How many hours do you think you and i could sit and exchange stories. How many variations of "hypereutectic" can you rattle off? You know what I"m saying, right? As a matter of fact, I'd like nothing more than to do just that some time. My sister lives in Warren, so I pass your place frequently. I'm sure we probably attend some of the same meets, Norwalk, for instance. I'll be there for track rental day, as well. I wish Jeg's did more for our hobby and I appreciate what you folks do. Priorities have changed since I first started there, and some things are taken more seriously than others. The family is focused on their race program, obviously. There are more "bean counters" than before, but, for the most part, we are all still hot rodders at heart. Are you guys doing anything for the GTOAA meet this year? I'm trying to get Jeg's to do a cover featuring a GTO for the catalog going into the goodie bags, similar to the one we did featuring "the Zombie" nitro-burner. Did you see that one? Anyway...Good Times Only... Ron

Old 03-08-2003, 07:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well they added Don for four races this year to help him out & also for our 35th anniversary. Yes i'm sure we could swap stories. I will also be attending the track rental. I also know what your talking about when you say bean counters we have them also. Ron i have no idea if were doing anything for the GTOAA meet but if your in charge & you need a contact at Summit let me know & i can get you the info you need. I've also been by your stores but haven't had a chance to check them out i have 2 cousins that live in Columbus.

Old 03-08-2003, 07:34 PM

I appreciate the offer, Scott. If we're both trying to do good, there can be nothing bad in that, right? I'm not "in charge" of anything, even at home! But not unlike home, occationally my input is considered. I'll let my people know about your people, and so on. Serious about getting together and having some laughs. Especially looking forward to Norwalk. You may have seen us lose the hood on the car up there last year on the only pass we made. I believe things should have a more positive outcome this year, as we made a few critical changes here and there. We are playing with a '64 GTO ex-bracket car that we Pro-Streeted, but it is slowly reverting to its race car roots. I'm sure you understand that also, right? Anyway It's been real! See ya soon. Ron.

Old 03-09-2003, 09:00 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Just for everyone info I am not on here bashing anyone. Just stating facts. I live about midway between Summit and Jegs and have ordered from both places. Shipping is 1 day for me from each place. No problems with that. I did recently go to each store for merchandise. It was backordered from Jegs. Went to Summit. It was in stock and I also got 10% off on account of their Grand Opening. Summit also gave out 10% coupons last year I believe at the Norwalk Test and Tune day or the Factory Stock race. So i'm not bashing Jegs or you Ron. I did buy my clutch off of you remember? But I am not independantly wealthy so when I can get $50 off a $500 order I'm gonna give that place my business. And having Scott as a go to guy there is a plus. Also Jegs is gonna have to really upgrade their store to keep up with Summit. Their new showroom is probably twice as big as Jegs. I'm not playing favorites. Just stating facts. I will still wear my Jegs hat because I got it for free!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2003, 12:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Score Update:

Summit - 2
Jegs - 2 (Landis and the very courteous "blonde" at the checkout, I say "blonde" only because I don't remember her name!)

Back to square one...

"The Humbler is here, this is the way it's going to be baby!"

Old 03-11-2003, 07:24 AM
Senior Chief

Why can't we all just receive a "free" PAW 3" catalog annually to FIND the parts and then order from the competitors

"Never miss a good chance to shut up"
Will Rogers

Decca Records rejection of The Beatles - 1962
"
Old 03-13-2003, 07:08 AM

Catalogs are a sore point with me, as I stated earlier. Showrooms at Jeg's probably will not get major attention, as all three retail stores do less than $10 million annually, while the mail-order does in excess of $150 million, hence the new World Headquarters and race shop. Back to priorities. Website probably helps as far as finding parts, but I have about seven feet of catalog racks in front of me to find part numbers, so a catalog resembling a New York City phone book still would not have all of our parts included. As for you folks thsat "can't stand to wait while some dude looks up your part", please don't call me, as nothing is more frustrating than trying to help someone, then having them hang up on you after you've taken the time to get them an answer. I could have been helping someone more deserving and maybe even appreciative. As for discount coupons, we seldom give them out, but I still can match if you merely give me the number on your coupon. I not upset with you Jim, more like dissapointed. Thought maybe I'd get an encouraging word or at least a phone call asking if I could match prices. However, I don't take it personally. Didn't affect my paycheck in the least. Sell your Goats and buy 5.0s, then our friendship is over! Just kidding, although Fords do suck. Ron.

Old 03-13-2003, 09:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Score 1 for Jeg's, Ford does suck! And score 1 for Summit, $20 bucks bonus cash with catalog.

Summit - 3
Jeg's - 3

Now back to the blond at Jeg's...

Old 06-03-2003, 09:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have done thousands of dollars of business with Jegs. I even returned a set of heads that I had painted and then decided that I didn't want and got full credit.

I've also done a ton of business with summit.

I find that summit has parts that jegs doesn't, and vice versa.

Either company is good. I've had absolutely no problems with either company.

Old 06-04-2003, 04:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Has anyone noticed the prominence of Jeg's with the TV shows? Monster Garage, Trucks, Horsepower, etc. I just thought it to be interesting that all of the sudden you see Jeg's all over that market.

Anyone catch Coughlin racing Jesse James Hot Dog Cart? Pretty hilarious I thought.

Did you also catch the announcer call him Jegs Coflin? It's Jeg right not Jegs?

Old 06-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My vote goes to Jeg´s. Summit has a ridicilously high handling charge $24,-!!!!! Jeg´s is $8,- (europe).And Jeg´s stickers are waaaay cooler!

Old 06-04-2003, 12:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Even Scott will have to admit the Monster Garage Rail Hotdog Cart was pretty cool!

Yep I did notice that moronic announcer misspronouncing JEG Coughlin's name about 5 times. I just bet he hates being called "JegS" too!

I have not ordered any parts in a while but back in the day I used to deal mostly with PAW (Performance Automotive Wholesale), hmmm I wonder what ever happened to them?

"Nothing Beats an Ol' Goat..."

Old 06-04-2003, 07:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scott's 'da man!
Now if he could only talk the purchasing people into volume buying of Pontiac specific parts!!!
Like IA blocks, Crower cranks, turnkey EFI systems, etc...
Man, whatta wonderful world it would be.

I do order from Jegs when Summit is out of things I need quickly, or are closed for Memorial day?

SECOND AMENDMENT: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY.
I Misus Rash'!

SECOND AMENDMENT: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY!
Old 06-05-2003, 10:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lets get the volume discount for Butler, Ace, Dude!

Old 07-15-2003, 10:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to semopontiacman

Hi, every time I call either one I get some person that has no idea that pontiac EVER made thier own engines,LOL.but I do buy most everything from jegs,Most that is.

Old 07-16-2003, 05:08 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by semopontiacman:
Hi, every time I call either one I get some person that has no idea that pontiac EVER made thier own engines,LOL.but I do buy most everything from jegs,Most that is.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you order from Jegs, don't talk to anyone but Ron Landis. He'll help you out.

1968 Lemans
1987 Buick Turbo T
Old 07-16-2003, 06:39 AM
Senior Chief

I`ve only ordered from Summit in fact I placed an order with them last night.Always quality service and fast shipping.Usually gets to me in 2 days.http://www.cardomain.com/id/gto_guy]www.cardomain.com/id/gto_guy[/URL]

Old 07-16-2003, 09:26 PM
Senior Chief

Personally, I don't like ordering from either one of them, but if I have to, I usually choose Jeg's first. Every time I've talked to either company, Jeg's has had consistently better technical assistance. Even so, I still usually prefer to spend my money with the "little guy", even if it means paying a few dollars more and waiting a couple of extra days. The big companies have enough money, and will continue to have enough money, so I say give somebody else a chance. That's just my opinion.

"My car would be fast if it had an engine, transmission, and rear axle in it."

Old 07-17-2003, 06:49 AM

I prefer Jegs. I have never had a problem with their shipping -- I once ordered a part from their website on Friday night and I had the part on Tuesday. I thought that was great. They send stickers and a catalog with every order. In short, I have never had an interaction with Jegs that did not exceed my expectations.