Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 12-01-2006, 03:05 AM
Senior Chief

i got a rear bumper for my '65 tempest about a year ago from him, it's a nice piece. not too many without backup lights around.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

FWIW, we learned the hard way that E-Bay and Pay Pal are USELESS when it comes to solving disputes. First off, Pay Pal waits 30 days BEFORE investigating anything, by then the culprit is long gone, with your money.

We got robbed for $850 using Pay Pal, and ended up having to go thru our credit card company for reimbursmenet. The seller used bogus sign up information, listing items for sale in Westerville Ohio, home address in Terre Haute, Indiana. The contact cell phone number was from the Central Ohio area, but the claimed to be living in Coraopolis Pa. They logged in/signed up to E-Bay, then do a few "bogus" sales to establish a history. Once they have a history then do a half dozen or so transactions, insist on using credit cards through Pay Pal, then disappear.

We had the Sheriff's office investigate our case, they ripped of a half dozen buyers for $2800 in one week, then disappeared.

The most interesting, and disturbing part of all of this, is that the Magistrate would NOT pursue any criminal action against them, because all the buyers were reimbursed by their credit card companies.

Pay Pal, when pressed to resolve an issue like this, simply falls back on the "fine print". Ebay and Pay Pal are only entities to get parties together, and have no control over the actual transaction, as to/if either party can complete the sale/purchase......Cliff

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 12-01-2006, 09:11 AM

Gary buys VIN and trim tags and makes up fake rebody cars. He places ads in hemmings looking for tags and tiltles. I would NEVER buy a thing from a dirtbag that builds fake cars and rips off people. It ruins the value of all cars and puts a taint on everything he touches. He is bad for the hobby only good for his pocket. My 2 cents.

Dave

Old 12-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

VIN tampering? Ouch!

Old 12-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

70GTOBOY, I certainly am not a fan of Gary's, have hammered him myself a bit, but your accusation on trim tags is pretty harsh and I hope you can back it up. What specific proof do you have? Let's all here it'

Old 12-03-2006, 02:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i don't believe gary is using these tags for rebodying purposes. i would guess he is doing just the opposite. by collecting them he gets them out of circulation. if these tags ARE used for rebodying, just remember all body panels are stamped with date codes so a fake is easily spotted. to fool a prospective buyer he'd have to use a body with the same build date as the vin and trim tag he bought!

Old 12-03-2006, 07:52 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default garys

there is an ad in this months hemmings that says 65 gto re body projects with some restored parts. there are two of them . they are in wyoming.
the numbers are 307-472-0754 307-259-8194. i dont know if its him or not.
bryan

Old 12-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

looks like the same # that was emailed to me when he was in Central Fla
fishing for cheap parts Thanksgiving.
He stopped by a friends swap meet spot and offered 1/3 what seller wanted
on everything.Guess you cant blame a guy for trying(not).Thing that burns me is when I asked if he was a vendor he lied.Just be upfront,youll gain more confidence in both buyers and sellers.....

Old 12-12-2006, 10:19 PM

This thread is interesting.....I just ran across one of his items for the first time, and remembered seeing this thread.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/66-Po...QQcmdZViewItem

It seems as though he's upset a bunch of people here, which worries me..
But, at the same time, he's got about 9 negative responses in a year out of TONS of stuff sold... I would think just in terms of sales volume, that it's not such a bad record. He must be doing something right like 99% of the time, right?

I'm not defending the guy at all, just wondering-

Old 12-13-2006, 09:36 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

From what I know about Gary, is that he is retired and does this as a hobby business. His intensions are good, in that he sells better than average driver parts. He cleans, polishes and refinishes to make them better when sells them.

My first expierance with Gary was similar as he has a very bad attitude toward customers and has a low tolerance dealing with people that are'nt knowledgable Pontiac people. Once he realizes that he is talking with a Pontiac person, he calms down and his attutude changes 180%

So if you have gotten the rath of Gary, You know where you stand, in his mind, as a knowledgable Pontiac person.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:27 AM

Default POS

Anybody want to buy a "rebuilt" 70 GTO shifter with a huge cigarette burn in the slider and the indicator lens worn out. This was from Gary the a-hole Wren. He's a pice of sh!& and is a nasty jerk to boot. His photos are all the same, they are not the actual part you buy, and because he put's a disclaimer on his sales as all final, the Wyoming Attorney General allows him to get away with it. Even though it's clearly misrepresentation.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I called Gary about some parts last year. This was before I knew that he advertised on e-bay or had a website. When I asked if he had an e-mail address, he went off on me. Needless to say, very turned off with the entire experience.

If you need to deal with GTO goodies, call to talk with Chris. I think it is his kid and is pretty level headed.

Anyone deal with this guy yet:

http://www.musclecarguru.com/

I called on a 66 fender and he wanted $800. OUCH. Claims that the fender is absolutely perfect and pushed me to send a check. Sounds fishy!

Old 01-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by old66tiger

Anyone deal with this guy yet:

http://www.musclecarguru.com/

I called on a 66 fender and he wanted $800. OUCH. Claims that the fender is absolutely perfect and pushed me to send a check. Sounds fishy!
Yes, there was a post here regarding him as well, it was not positive. He is also a peice of work who thinks he's sitting on a gold mine.

Old 01-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

too bad there are people like that in the hobby

1 69 gto 4 speed
1 69 gto judge
1 75 ta
1 79 formula
1 80 formula
1 81 ta
1 89 formula
1 96 ta
1 66 mustang
1 84 mustang
1 89 25th anniv mustang convert
kaysersuzuki@yahoo.com
Old 02-23-2007, 02:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

jjscerbo - ?????

So Gary sizes up your Pontiac expertise and then brow beats you accordingly? I just asked two simple questions about his "restored" part and he went off on me like I had insulted his mother. He was advertising the part as rechromed when he had actually stripped the the chrome off the part and buffed it up. He was ticked that I had uncovered his cheap scheme.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969 Ram Air
jjscerbo - ?????

So Gary sizes up your Pontiac expertise and then brow beats you accordingly? I just asked two simple questions about his "restored" part and he went off on me like I had insulted his mother. He was advertising the part as rechromed when he had actually stripped the the chrome off the part and buffed it up. He was ticked that I had uncovered his cheap scheme.
Please don't shoot the messenger guy!

I have bought from Gary about five times and all of my stuff was as he advertised it. I first got his wrath when I called him over late shipping. This was the first time that I have dealt with him and, like with you, it wasn’t pretty. He is an opinionated old guy that isn't afraid to go off. Esp... With east coasters...

That really didn't bother me as I am used to it. I work with the public that have all different types of demeanor. I adjusted myself to Gary's level in order to make him cordual. Never had a problem with him since.

I found him very knowledgeable about Pontiac parts and very helpful once you can adjust to his wavelength. IMHO

BTW, what did you buy from him? When did you notice about the missing chrome? Was it after you received it? I do know that he is quick about refunding if unhappy. Even before you tell him that you are.

Here is a tip for you and all..Gary has a son(Gary Jr.) He is not like his dad and should be the one handleing the phone..Just ask for Gary Jr. I do...and I can assure you that it will be a differant expierance. This may be asking alot, but in my opinion, I have found that his stuff is alot better than most..Knock on wood"

Good luck..

Last edited by jjscerbo; 02-23-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Senior Chief

I was leary to call gary due to the bad postings on him on PY, but i decided to give him a chance!. I spoke with him twice and bought the part. the part was very good and he was very helpful both times. I will do bussiness with him again. I don't know if I just caught him on a day or what, but I had a good expierence with him.

Old 03-21-2007, 06:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Maybe all this bad rap is waking his nasty a$$ up.
As my old man would say Don't Sh!t where you eat.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:53 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripower
Yes, there was a post here regarding him as well, it was not positive. He is also a peice of work who thinks he's sitting on a gold mine.
Sounds like Barry Martin... He'll die with all those gold plated parts.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ordered a wiper switch off Ebay from Gary. Realized when I went to pay for it that he wouldn't take a credit card. Read a few of these post (too late) and thought, "dang, I don't want to just mail this guy a check. Who knows WHEN I'll get it." I personally like to deal with companies that take credit cards. It gives you something to fall back on. I called him and emailed him to cancel my Ebay deal but he went off on me. So, I've mailed him a check and just won't go down that road again. I'll repost after I get my part. It may work out fine. I'll just wait and see.