Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 11:05 PM

Default Ray Cox

Months have passed since I lost Larry. And in that time I have been through a lot and also learned a lot. For many reasons, some personal and some not so personal, I will forego the details of this post. Let me just say one thing, for any of you that know or deal with Ray Cox, I want to clarify the person he is. He says he is my friend, he says he was Larry's friend. He is not my friend. Nor is he my husband's friend. Ray has his faults and he has his qualities, just like all of us. But understand this, Ray is Ray. He is not going to use the coat tails of my husband to ride anymore. He is not the nobel peace price friend that he would like for you all to believe. Someone recently told me he made a decision based on the past history of how Ray was so great because of how he was a good friend to Larry. Well people, things are not always how they appear. I honestly expect some fallout from this post, my problems are mine to handle. But I will not let the memory of my husband and his integrity be used by someone else for his own selfish purpose. So please accept this post in the most sincere meaning of how it is being presented. Thank you to those who have helped me to make this decision. I truly appreciate your help.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:25 PM

I'm standing shoulder to shoulder with you. We have blown off a lot over time but I cannot stand the way he talks about Pontiac Dude especially when the Dude went out of his way to help him...he is a friend to no one but himself....don't let that smiley facade fool you.....he is a user.
Darcie...you have friends up here you don't even know about...and I'm one of them.
Karen
For every bad tempered, person up here on these boards there are ten good ones right behind him.

Last edited by Lady Dude; 11-18-2006 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Senior Chief

Come now Ray, let's cut the crap. How much do you owe Darcie?? Rounded up to the nearest hundred will suffice.

What tools of Larry's are in your possession that you "haven't sold"?

Mess with one of the ladies, you mess with all of us. And hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Your Pontiac family is all around you, Darcie, you are not alone....family comes together and closes ranks when danger threatens. And when a snake is in their midst, they kill it. At the very least, they throw it so far away that it will never approach again.

You don't steal from a widow, Ray. Oh, excuse me, was I making unfounded allegations???? I recall that I didn't like that in the MR-1 thread, so let me try again.

You don't delay making payments to a widow, Ray. Not when the money was in your hands and should have been handed directly off to her. You don't make flimsy excuses. You don't make her wait for months.

Perhaps some of the people who were at Larry's funeral would like to see what the little snake has been so busy with that he cannot fulfill his obligations to his recently deceased "best friend". Oh, that's right, he's been busy scrutinizing and finding fault with others.

Damn shame. You know what they say about pride going before a fall.....

Gee. I was just so upset about this very sort of thing - people getting all high and mighty, belittlement, holding up others for public ridicule. So I left. Next thing I know, my phone is ringing on a totally unrelated matter that makes belittlement look like child's play. Hmmm. Karma has a funny sense of humor, doesn't she? This place is like the freakin' Hotel California where I can "check out anytime I like, but I can never leave."

Manufacturing error vs. stealing from a widow....

Customer service issue vs. robbing from the dead....

My....my.....my. Life does get interesting.

Looks like the spotlight you crave is all yours, Ray.

Last edited by herdswoman; 11-18-2006 at 11:57 PM.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:58 PM

Tighten up the wagons boys, I see a bad moon risin'....

Amy...well said....valid questions.

Oh and Ray that Dude Scoop looks real good on your car................................NOT! Then there is the matter of the money....after two years...I dunno know what do you all think...will we ever get paid?
Ray is a regular side show artist...he takes your attention away from what's really going on.

It was bad enough what he did to us Darcie....but to do it to you...Larry's widow, is just unbelieveably nasty.

Last edited by Lady Dude; 11-19-2006 at 01:47 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:46 AM

I'm assuming this has to do with the donations & sale of Larry's items after his death. I would really like to know if this is in fact that. I didn't know Larry personally or really thru this website. I donated because I felt it was the right thing to do and help someones family out that is in this hobby and that so many people had good thinks to say about. If any money has been held out then I doubt Ray's reputation will ever be repaired. Even worse will be the fact he has to live with that.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:57 AM
Senior Chief

Greyson, good question re. donations. I forgot about that!!!! Who did collect that money? Mike, do you recall? I remember Ray saying something about "Darcie"s overwhelmed and she wouldn't want to get a lot of mail". Hmmm.....

Perchance this is one of those rare threads that should be posted in both Lobby and Business?

I know Ray is holding out on the $500 deposit on the sale of Larry's TransAm, $500 for the sale of his welder - which he then proceeded to try and dicker down the price after agreeing on it with Darcie. In the meantime, she had a CASH BUYER for $500 that she let go, because she didn't want to sell it out from under Ray. And who knows how many other tools and parts that were taken from Larry's garage by his "best friend"?

Damn ironic! I was just talking about whose life could stand such scrutiny...and here we are again. Same song, with a radically different verse. Step into the light, Ray, so you can see how well you like it when it shines on you...

Your reputation - what is left of it - will be ruined. And since you've lost the listing on the Davis house, broken contract and all...well, that will have to be dealt with too, won't it?

To keep it on a local level - or not. That is the question.

Quit calling Darcie. She's sick of your bull*****. And I'm not even getting warmed up. You'll be praying for the day when I voiced my opinion once and went quietly away by the time I get through with you if you don't make things right with this woman - and the man whose car you took from Nebraska when you delivered Larry's TransAm.

Keep playing checkers, Ray. Because the game is chess and I guarantee you I'm six moves ahead.

Let go of pain, give faith the reins; and let that pony run.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:59 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ray I dont know you except from the posts on the board.But from what I have read, it looks like you have defrauded a deceased members wife. I enjoyed Larrys post on PY and respected his veiws and opinions. Darcie does not need to be treated like this. Karma is does not discriminate against anyone if you have wronged this person you should make it right.If anyone defrauded my wife after I was deseased I would hope that my friends would do the right thing.You never know Ray what goes around comes around.I have made many friends on this board and the members that have met me know that I am a stand up guy as are 99 percent of the board members are.You never know who you are going to pi$$ off next.DO THE RIGHT THING RAY OR FACE THE MUSIC

Shawn

1968 Firebird Race Car,525 CU IAll looking for low 10 second passes!
1970 442, # Matching 455, 4 Speed W-25 hood

Last edited by slgenge; 11-19-2006 at 01:11 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:09 AM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

For the record, Ray did hand over a money order tonight for what appears to be the Deposit on the car, less the E-bay fee.

The rest is still unresolved, and excellent question about the donations.

Old 11-19-2006, 01:24 AM

darcie, anytime you need help / advice you have my number.

amy well said.

ray quit calling me, i don't want to hear your bull**** i want to see action. get all of what you took from darcie back in the condition it was in when it left. we know larry didn't keep any junk so don't be baiting and switching stuff you've had laying around for larry's good parts. this includes darcie's house keys, ALL OF THEM. you've had WAY too long to make this right and didn't while remodelling your house?

what'd larry think of that?

make good on the car you took from the other forum member without paying for it.

don't force darcie to take legal action, you think this's bad?wait until it hits the papers or you get served a subpeona at work.

amy's right, mfg problems are nothing compared to stealing from the dead.

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 11-19-2006, 01:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

*** Note to the members***

When one of the Moderators tried to copy the thread to the Business section the thread lost some of the posts, mine included. They were not deleted for any reason, they were lost, feel free to post again.

Sorry for the issues.

Old 11-19-2006, 01:31 AM

that mod was me, i sincerely apologise for an honest mistake. i thought i'd copied the thread to the biz forum and instead had moved it. i edited 7 posts out and when i was done i realised what had happened. i'll have steve see if he can retrieve them but until that happens please repost.

also if you're gonna rip on me for this start a seperate thread on it. don't pollute this one.

again, i'm the dummy.

mike nixon

idiot of the evening.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 11-19-2006, 01:33 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!

Quote:
For many reasons, some personal and some not so personal, I will forego the details of this post.
Egad.

However, without details, you're smearing Ray by innuendo. I think a much better idea would be to spell out your complaints in detail and then let Ray respond.

I, for one, have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach now. Since you chose to post this here, let's prevent this from degenerating into another MR-1 block thread.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 11-19-2006, 01:34 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!

Quote:
Ray I dont know you except from the posts on the board.But from what I have read, it looks like you have defrauded and deceased members wife.
See what I mean, Darcy?

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 11-19-2006, 01:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, it seems my post vanished. :confused:

Anyway, is this why they call you No Pay Ray?

You expect people to believe you, when you deceive Larry's widow like this?
What kind of a man does this to a newly widowed 'friend'? :confused:

If ever there was a time for a lynch mob, it is now.

Ray, you need to correct this, and now.:mad:

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 11-19-2006, 01:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I cant believe what Im reading. Even though all parties involved are members of this forum, It doesnt feel like this is the place to air the greivences.

Please, for the sake of the integrity of this forum and its members, discontinue posting in this thread.

Old 11-19-2006, 01:49 AM
Senior Chief

Bob, it was Larry Davis himself who nicknamed him "NO PAY RAY". Until tonight, he had witheld the $500 deposit (less the eBay listing fee) that was paid on Larry's TransAm. The full remaining amount was paid to Darcie.

However, there is a welder that he agreed to purchase in the amount of $500. Darcie let a cash buyer go, not wanting to sell it out from under Ray. Ray proceeds to try and dicker her down. The welder is in Ray's shop, along with other tools and parts.

Seat tracks for the TA sold...and the price/story keeps changing. How much did they sell for, Ray? Or were they really returned? And if they were returned, then give them back to Darcie.

How much did that intake sell for at Norwalk? And where is the money?

No list of the parts sold or the amounts. No list of the tools sold. Ray tries to cobble a list together in front of Darcie and her son at the last minute.

Perhaps someone can search the archives and see who collected the PY donations for Darcie.

A widow has other things to do besides wait for money, make up stories and make allegations. Darcie has nothing to gain by making up stories....and there is nothing here that is fabricated by her.

Let go of pain, give faith the reins; and let that pony run.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:01 AM

It was rzrektd who took the donations. Here is the link. http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...avis+donations

If the story on the welder is true I don't know how he can look at himself in the mirror.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:04 AM

[QUOTE=herdswoman]Greyson, good question re. donations. I forgot about that!!!! Who did collect that money? Mike, do you recall? I remember Ray saying something about "Darcie being overwhelmed" and she wouldn't want to get a lot of mail. Hmmm..... QUOTE]

amy here's the post from the larry passed thread.

rzrektd
On Vacation Join Date: Apr 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is there any where we can send donations maybe like a paypal accnt or something? If not and everyone one is interested, I'll shoot out my paypal address and I'll manage donations and cut a check with total amount to Ray Cox to give to the family. Maybe Ray has a Paypal Accnt and can cut me out of the loop. We should do something to help relieve some of the financial burden of our friend's family.

i'll have to keep digging for the follow up. i hope this was sent in a check or money order in light of what else has happened.

mike

- Winston Churchill
Old 11-19-2006, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreysonWinfieldEsq
It was rzrektd who took the donations. Here is the link. http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...avis+donations

If the story on the welder is true I don't know how he can look at himself in the mirror.
greyson, that exact story came from darcie's lips to my ears in a phone conversation this afternoon. i'll accept it as the truth, the woman just wants her stuff back.

mike

- Winston Churchill
Old 11-19-2006, 06:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This seems like it should be a "sticky", besides just being a post both here and in the business section...
The real shame is, that I was interested in the welder, but thought that it had been sold to a legitimate buyer. Never did Ray mention that he had designs on it...
And, the Miller 200's, with copper windings (older models, like Larry's) typically go for closer to $800-1000, because they perform a LOT better than the newer units with aluminum windings.

Closed Thread