Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Inline tube

I just want to post a note about the great service I had at Inline tube.

I went there yesterday looking for just a brake line t-block, not really aware of want I needed. The guy behing the counter helped me with a new brake hose and new prebent lines for my rear end that I will be installing in my car.

Great help, and he gave me a great deal.

I know in the past they have recieved some negetive posts, I just wanted to let everyone know what good service they gave me.

The prebent lines needed some tweaking, but I expected that due to the custom made rear that I'm working with.

They made my day,

1966 GTO Post Coupe, 467ci. N/A Pump gas, best 1/4 11.6 118mph
1966 GTO Post Coupe, "The Bright Idea" 535ci. N/A Pump gas, best 1/4 9.58 141mph
Old 02-24-2007, 09:35 PM
Suspended

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...ht=inline+tube

Old 02-24-2007, 11:58 PM
Senior Chief

I had good luck with them
there is always some who's not happy ,the world is not a perfect place but every expects it to be

my post

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...ht=inline+tube

Old 04-05-2008, 01:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thunderkiss65

Another one of the biggest hate fans of inline tube – you are a 442 guy that just goes on this site and posts under anything inline tube. Thunder kiss bought a brake and fuel line kit 4 or 5 years ago and picked the part numbers gave them to the sales guy and placed and order. 24 hours later the order was picked up and 2 years later he said he ordered the wrong size fuel line 5/16 and wanted to exchange it for a 3/8. Inline tube told him to bring it in. When he came in the line was installed and not in resalable condition so they in good faith they could not send the line out as new to another customer (how would you like to be the guy that got the used part) we told him we could sell him a new line at a discount and he could sell the other on ebay since it was used.

I just saw him for the first time at autorama 08 and since his bashing never stops it was good to put a face to the name and I asked him how can we resolve this – I would of given him the $65.00 just for the nonsense to stop. To my surprise he even refused that and told me he does not have to like me and will continue the campaign. We even invited him to our local club meeting – he never showed. I will see him at olds events for the rest of my life I still hope he will come around. Good job on the 2nd place at the autorama.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

bob with the 66

thanks for the good words - glad to help come on in any time. InlineTube
www.inlinetube.com

Old 04-05-2008, 03:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

mcmc, good to see someone from Inline coming on some of the forums and attempting to improve the company's reputation (which has taken somewhat of a beating).

My impression from years of reading forums like this is that Inline offers a great product, but don't buy it from them; you'll never get any followup service.

If your coming here is an indication that those ways are changing, I'll include Inline on my list of vendors.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I am coming here because I am tired of half the story being told and inline tube is used as a punching bag by a few users over and over. We live by Price, quality and speed. This means the highest quality products, at the lowest price delivered in a few days. We do not have a bad reputation, for the 6 guys that claim they did not like something we have over 150,000 customers that have had a great experience. We ship over 100 order a day – who has time to get on the chat if you want new products and your order to your door step in a few days. I will just not be taking it silent any more. Thanks John

Old 04-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thunder kiss
I was polite and courteous when I first had the problem. No one wanted to help then and I was told I was installing them wrong and the parts were correct. I talked to many rude people on the phone before I got to you. But I got the same talk as before.

So when I found others that got screwed I let it be known about my situation. I am not bashing, I am telling the truth. You could have fixed this when it happened but instead.....

You never had a problem with anything but the wrong fuel line you ordered and it routs the same 5/16 or 3/8 same shape same routing, different size. We did help the best we could, we do not take back used parts, But could sell you another at cost - you never wanted to fix it just blame someone – blame yourself and be a stan up guy and get over it and lets be friends. I love talking oldsmobiles, beer is a bonus but I hate the GYM so I could be a olds buddy but not a gym buddy. I have never been know to screw anybody just try to make the best parts on the market.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Senior Chief

Default Inline tube's OK.

I feel I need to add my 2c worth with all the Inline tube bashing going on.
I have had three orders from them, spending a large sum of my hard earned cash. All 3 orders have been correct, have fitted and have been promptly shipped. I also greatly appreciate the information and instructionals on their web site, very helpful, thanks, Bruce.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRNMTGOAT
I feel I need to add my 2c worth with all the Inline tube bashing going on.
I have had three orders from them, spending a large sum of my hard earned cash. All 3 orders have been correct, have fitted and have been promptly shipped. I also greatly appreciate the information and instructionals on their web site, very helpful, thanks, Bruce.

Thank you Bruce! Your support is greatly appreciated. Please do let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Myself, as well as others from Inline Tube's sales and tech support staff will be checking in on these forums as well as other forums to address any issue that may arise. Everybody should feel free to let us know if there are any questions or concerns that need to be addressed.

Thank You!

586-532-1338 ext 206
Old 04-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My only experiences with Inline Tube have been exemplary. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots!"
Old 04-09-2008, 01:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bob with the 66 wrote:

I just want to post a note about the great service I had at Inline tube.

I went there yesterday looking for just a brake line t-block, not really aware of want I needed. The guy behing the counter helped me with a new brake hose and new prebent lines for my rear end that I will be installing in my car.

Great help, and he gave me a great deal.

GTOlib wrote:
I had good luck with them
there is always some who's not happy ,the world is not a perfect place but every expects it to be.

Superdutybob Wrote:

I know the owners of Inline Tube pretty well and this does not reflect the kind of business that they run. I have had nothing but the best service from them and I know tons of other people that have also. You may try to call and talk to one of the owners before you bash a company that has done so much to support the musclecar hobby.

Mike Lannon Wrote:

I have had great luck with inline tube. I consider them to be true car enthusiast and have done tremendous work to forward the car hobby. I'm glad we have a place to go for all the little detail items.

I also should apologize to John for drooling on his Judge ever time I see it. That is one of the best Judge's I have ever seen. IMHO

Judge Rag top Wrote:

I have done 4 restorations of late and used Inline tube for all my fuel brake/lines, brake cables ect. I have had a good experience with them. Everything fit and looked like it was suppose to. My 2 cents.

Taximan Wrote:

I have purchased various items from Inline, and the products have been great.

No problems at all.

TJH Wrote:
I've done tons of business with InLine Tube, and have always been more than impressed with the quality of their products, as well as their knowledge of these cars. John and James (the two brothers who own InLine) know GM A-bodies better than anyone I have ever met, and they have brought unknown or overlooked parts to market that have raised the bar on concours restorations considerably.

75 TA Wrote:
I have also used InLine Tube for several parts and although some parts were wrong (ordered stock fuel line but in 1/2 inch in lieu of 3/8 inch and they sent me the 3/8 inch first), they replaced the wrong item with no questions.

Formula8 wrote:
All my lines came from inline tube. All perfect.

6T7GTO wrote:
I replaced every line on my 67 gto with Inline products.
The rep on the phone answered all my questions and concerns.
Every line fit perfectly.
When I do my other gto, this winter, I will definitely use Inline.

David

GOAtracer Wrote:
The guys at Inline are very knowledgeble and experienced. I have known them personnally for some time now. Usually when a customer recieves a part that doesn't fit correctly it was because information was poorly relayed regarding the application or even that the part to be replaced was not the original. Now once in a while a mistake may happen with any company, but that doesn't make the entire company a rotten business.
P.S. And if a customer calls acting abrasive and confrontational, that usually doesn't help the process move smoothly either. Bryan

GTOlib wrote
bought all new brake lines for my car a 1 yr ago,had no problem ,the guy on the phone knew everything I needed and wanted.seemed very interested.
everything came undamaged and perfect fit

GOAtracer wrote:
I've bought lines from them for two of my cars and never had a problem. I've even had custom lines made by making them a pattern and giving it to them. Those lines came out sweet too. Oh well I guess I'm just the lucky one. Thanks, Bryan

PonJON Wrote:
I just had teriffic experience with Inline. I called him, told him I needed custom lines bent 1.5 inches shorter than OEM, told me 2 weeks, same price as the over the counter items. I had the parts in 5 days.

GOAthead68 wrote:
I have trans, brake and fuel lines from Inline Tube on my '68. Every line fit well, save for some minor tweaking. I've had no problems with their product or service.

2manyponchos wrote:
I've bought a few things from them over the last 2 years and quality has been top notch on everything rec'd. One shipment did include the wrong brake/fuel line clips, but that was quickly resolved in a professional manner and they sent the correct parts on their dime.

Superdutybob wrote:
I wouldn't use anybody BUT Inline Tube. Always get treated right if I need to go back which has only been once. Bought a fuel tank for a 74 T/A. When I got it home and out of the box it had a large dent in the bottom. Called them up and they ordered me a new one on the spot. When it came in I went and made the exchange without any hassles whatsoever.

These guys have done more for the hobby than most and continue to add new parts that are impossible or hard to find to their catalog.

HUGE thumbs up to Inline Tube.

UPCwu2 wrote:
I have bought a lot of stuff from Inline in the past year. Pipes and E-brake cables, proportioning valves. No problems whatsoever.

Performerrpm Wrote:
inline did well by me. and they managed to get my stuff here in short notice too

69RAGTO Wrote:
I buy from Inline all the time and have no problems at all with them or their Product. I also buy most of my other parts from AMES and they have never let me down with great customer service.

70 GPSj4speed wrote:

Ames uses inline so either way your buying inline

BLKbrd Wrote:
I've used Inline Tube for brake and fuel lines and I have always been very happy with their product. They certainly appear correct to me, but since I've never seen one of these cars new, I couldn't tell you if the color codes on the brake lines are correct. I've never used the backing plate kits, so I can't comment on those.

Mark Simiele Wrote:
68 RamII, my car (69 non judge convertible)has been judged twice and taken two gold concours awards at the GTOAA East Coast Regionals show. Nothing was deducted for any of Inlines brake lines or parts. I will be registering my car for concours class at the 08 GTOAA Nationals and they are really super, super picky so we'll see how that goes.

FYI, the owner of ILT, John Kryta is a concours judge for the GTOAA nationals so he might be judging in 08 as well so you can figure out what that means if he is looking at your car with his parts.

TEG Wrote:
I ordered a lot of stuff from In Line. Tags, gas tank, bolts, shocks, brake and gas lines, vent lines, power steering lines, shock hardware, stencils, stamps, etc., etc., etc. Lots of stuff. I would order from them again without a doubt. And I think John know's his Pontiacs (and the market) as good as anyone. Plus, he shares his knowledge.

from Motorcitymuscelcar:
Inline tube makes: brake & fuel lines, parking brake cables, prop valves, brake and fuel clips, rubber and stainless hoses, sending units, suspension products and much more, no other line company even comes close. Right stuff just lines – they buy all the cables and valves from inline tube and re-sell them. Fine lines - just lines they buy all the valves from inline tube. The Canada Company buys lines, cables, valves and most other inline tube products. Ames Buys from Inline Tube – Performance years, buys from inline tube, year one – buys from inline tube, Origianls parts group – buys from inline tube – the paddock – buys from inline tube. They supply 150 dealer and sip 14,000 of there own customer orders each year –this is because they are the best out there. If they were not none of these people would buy from them.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:00 PM

Never had a bad experience with inline tube , Never had any trouble with the ebay sales either. They make alot of detail items no one else does. I appreciate their efforts .

Old 04-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The only experience I've had with inline tube is kind of an indirect one. A Mopar pal of mine ordered inline tube parts for both of his Cudas and his Demon. I helped him install it all. We were both very impressed with both the fit and quality of the parts. All parts came in as ordered, and fit well. :first:

Old 04-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Senior Chief

Well I decided to give them a try. I ordered an E-brake set for my 65 Goat. I hope I don't regret using them.

Johnny
Old 04-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelFun
Well I decided to give them a try. I ordered an E-brake set for my 65 Goat. I hope I don't regret using them.
They have the best cable set on the market - the set comes with all new hardware - the cables are a sprial match to the originals and have all the color endsand rubber boots - and no one else makes them they all buy them from inline tube and you are getting a better price because most dealers mark them up - the best part is they are instock and ship the same day so you will have them in a few days.

Thanks john

Old 04-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Senior Chief

I got my P-brake set today. Everything looks good and transaction was smooth. I placed order over the internet on tuesday. Thanks Inline Tube. Thumbs up!

Johnny
Old 04-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelFun
I got my P-brake set today. Everything looks good and transaction was smooth. I placed order over the internet on tuesday. Thanks Inline Tube. Thumbs up!
Thanks for the update - the cables got to you in less than a week - sounds good - thanks for the business - john:) :)

Old 05-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've used them for 68 Firebirds, Le Mans, GTO, as well as Chevy truck. Always wonderful product. When I saw that they came out with the replacement parts for the 67 disk break system it brought a tear to my left (my good one) eye. I just had a company charge me a lot of money to restore my correct valves and they were full of blasting media, and none of the seals were replaced. Once I returned them to have the job done right. They simply returned my money and the parts saying they only do cosmetic restoration of the parts. That was OK. However, before I sent them they said they did rebuild the valves as well as cosmetics. So, now they are being reproduced which is so nice for anyone who needs these hard to get items. Again, always wonderful parts, fit, and service from Inline Tube ® Thanks friends... Mike

Old 05-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've said in the past I thought IT's products were of great, top notch quality but the attitude and return policy left a lot to be desired. It's good to see you addressing these issues in a public forum. There's plenty of money to be made in the long run by treating people right and a great product alone doesn't guarantee success.

400 + .020, decked to .005
SD Performance 240+CFM 670 heads
RARE HO/RA manifolds
RARE 2.5" Exhaust (18" Magnaflows)
SD "Stump Puller" HR cam (230/236, 112LSA, 107.5 ICL)
PRW stainless 1.52 roller rockers
Forged TRW slugs
SCAT H-Beam forged rods
Closed Thread