Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

1200 miles one way. hmm it would probably cost me double what shipping is but it would be worth it

67 LE MANS in pieces...
68 gto
84 grand prix twin turbo 496 pontiac 25.3 cage
Old 07-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

what was weight and how much was shipping?

Old 07-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Rob which shop did you order your block from?

Old 07-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's the story that we got from UPS today.

The freight truck was in a accident and flip over. The freight was insured and the freight was refused. He did the right thing. They are sending it back to us so we can repair or replace the damage. Stuff like this can happen to any shipping company. In most freight accidents it is not the truck drivers fault, it is some dumb A$$ driver talking on a cell phone or eating a sandwich or both at the same time. We will work to correct the problem to the customer’s satisfaction, which you can count on.

Quickest, Fastest, Best selling Pontiac Aftermarket Block IA II and Tiger Heads

Boss Bird Funny Car
Best pass to date 08/06/2016 6.027@231.64
Allpontiac Big Chief Aluminum Engine Block

http://www.AllPontiac.com
Old 07-10-2008, 10:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Oh heck you are in good hands i wouldn't worry bout it, they will fix you up;)

D.S.R.E. Your NW Pontiac Street/Strip Engine Builder, Specializing in Cylinder Head,Intake Manifold,and Exhaust Manifold Porting services and Building the Most Efficient stock rebuilds to Hi HP Pump Gas and Race Combinations for Pontiac,Buicks,Olds,FE Fords,385 Series and HP Gen 3 and 4 LS engines!
2006 silvy Z71 4X4,383 LS 600+hp NA
Shared Toy-66 Lemans 470cid by me 537hp 580tq-manifolds, 570hp 590tq-2"headers,custom cam,rpm intake, mild e-heads, Looks stock ;-}
Old 07-10-2008, 10:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

If the truck was involved in an accident, and they admitted it, you're in great shape.

Plus you're dealing with Bob and Frank, no worries.

Old 07-10-2008, 11:05 PM

Sorry to hear about your engine but think of it as it wasn't meant to be the next engine is going to be better.
Good luck! RJ

Old 07-11-2008, 12:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Reminds me of the UPS shipment that I received with a huge hole in the side of the box leaking parts out of the hole. About half of what I ordered had already fallen out, but they still delivered the box in an obviously damaged state. Multiple calls for a call tag were ignored. I finally flagged down my UPS guy (car guy, we had chatted before :) ) and he finessed the system to get the box returned.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert C. View Post
Here's the story that we got from UPS today.

The freight truck was in a accident and flip over. The freight was insured and the freight was refused. He did the right thing. They are sending it back to us so we can repair or replace the damage. Stuff like this can happen to any shipping company. In most freight accidents it is not the truck drivers fault, it is some dumb A$$ driver talking on a cell phone or eating a sandwich or both at the same time. We will work to correct the problem to the customer’s satisfaction, which you can count on.
i was not worried about you guys taking care of it . thats why i didnt mention any names i didnt want people to get the wrong idea. just frustrating that they would just deliver it like that and not think anything of it . hopefully there was not any major damage to the engine as i was not able to unwrap it totally and inspect it. probably just a new dipstick tube and resurface the deck a bit. that and cleaning and reassembling everything . lame!

67 LE MANS in pieces...
68 gto

Last edited by lemans411; 07-11-2008 at 02:14 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They must deliver the shipment per contract. It is not their place to inspect it to see if there was any damage. In the insurance business, if you don't complain it is to their benefit. I bet that 50 percent of the packages were delivery without a complaint. You did the right thing and not receive the shipment. I know it sucks, but sometimes it your turn to take one on the chin. You are taking better than most would. We will get it repaired but we must document the damage first to get paid to do it right. Too bad they will not just let us fix it and take our word on the cost; they have an insurance adjuster see it first. You know that this period is part of your 10 day warranty. Just kidding. he he

Quickest, Fastest, Best selling Pontiac Aftermarket Block IA II and Tiger Heads

Boss Bird Funny Car
Best pass to date 08/06/2016 6.027@231.64
Allpontiac Big Chief Aluminum Engine Block

http://www.AllPontiac.com
Old 07-11-2008, 08:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans411 View Post
well i didnt pick the shipper just paid the bill. maybe i should just drive down there and get it myself. long way from minnesota though
Have Bob and Frank Bring it to Norwalk, then have someone from min bring it back from there. If bob gets it to Norwalk I can get it to Chicago for you.

Mat it! Spray it! Chute it! Just another 8 Second Pass!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert C. View Post
. You know that this period is part of your 10 day warranty. Just kidding. he he

not funny! lol. yea crap happens i guess . i would like copies of any pictures you take if i could too. hopefully not too much to fix . also thanks for the post on here to let me know whats going on

67 LE MANS in pieces...
68 gto
Old 07-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Have Bob and Frank Bring it to Norwalk, then have someone from min bring it back from there. If bob gets it to Norwalk I can get it to Chicago for you.
that may be a possibility . well i guess we will see

67 LE MANS in pieces...
68 gto
Old 07-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via AIM to JKrull66

Yes yes UPS..... Lets see there was the perfect 1970 455 crank from California that arrived in 2 pieces. and the Turbo 400 from the east coast with half the bell missing. And a set of SD pistons that only part of the label made it!! No pistons at all or any trace of them. The bad thing is sometimes the shippers ( if an individual ) won't go to an extra effort that second or third time. Another thing if you insure it and it goes to a wrong address and comes back... you have to reinsure they won't pay. Sometimes I have stuff shipped to a friends house and they just leave it in his yard.... If you aren't there to refuse delivery it is almost impossible to get a claim paid. Believe me I know.... And I am still missing a set of RA V rods that the shipper (claims) he sent. But I am 99% sure that was a shipper problem...
Good luck with tour shipping!!
John Krull

63 Lemans in the 9's race
66 GTO HT Cruiser
06 Triumph Rocket III TURBO! 2300 CC Bad boy
KTM 525 Dirt Terrorizer
POLARIS 900 RZR
10 GMC SLT Duramax Haul anything anywhere
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...app_2392950137
Old 07-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

said they left a set of pistons i bought from Butler on the door step of my apartment complex,want to guess where they went?

Old 07-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If you don't like UPS's standard ground service, use the US Postal Service.

I can assure you that whatever you send will be LOST or DAMAGED. We used them twice to ship carburetors, and they lost both of them. One showed up after 60 days, the other one about 30 days.

EVERYTHING they bring here has a hole in the box with part of the item hanging out of the hole, and most of any loose parts missing. They actually tried to delivery a carburetor here once that looked like they drug it behind a truck on a chain for about 200 miles, you couldn't even tell what it was!

NEVER use UPS to ship a transmission, they will take the lighter (less than 150lbs) ones ground service, it will show up in two or three peices, guarenteed!

Make a wooden box or get a box made for shipping crankshafts, or they will show up in two or three peices, no matter what shipper you use.

Pack everything that you ship so that it will withstand a fall from a two story building. Insure any and all valuable items to the full replacment value, and shoot a quick pick of them. That's what we do here, and sleep better at night!......Cliff

PS: USPS will NOT, under any circumstances honor their insurance on old/used auto parts. They don't give a crap if a Ram Air carburetor's current market value is $2000-$4000, or that your NOS wood shifter knob is worht $400. They are going to send you to NAPA or Auto Zone to get the current REPLACMENT cost of a "remanufactured" unit, and it will take 3-6 months to get paid that amount, after they loose the paperwork 2-3 times, hoping you just get disgusted and GO AWAY!

Trust me on this, USPS is ONLY good for letters and flat envelopes, and ten percent of the time they will end up sandwiched between junk mail in someone elses mailbox!!!!!.....FWIW

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 07-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well said Cliff, I couldn't agree more. USPS is as bad or worse than UPS.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I worked for a year at the UFS Reddaway freight terminal here in Seattle, loading trucks with a forklift.

You would not believe the carnage I saw on a regular basis. UFS handles heavy/big/bulky items mostly. They have accounts with big warehouses and home improvement centers. Heck, when I was new I was carrying two ovens stacked one atop the other and stopped too quickly. The ovenst toppled over and landed flat on the concrete deck, shattering the glass doors and doing who knows what other damage to them (didn't uncrate them but could hear the little bits of tempered glass crunching and rolling around inside the crates after righting them and picking them up again.) At that point there's nothing you can do but load them on the truck anyway and send them on their way. It's up to the customer to refuse them and file a claim even though you know they're toast. A new guy knocked an expensive stainless steel refrigerator off his forks with them extended almost all the way up. The cardboard crate wasn't even close to square any more. I also tipped over a pallet of wine one time. Nothing like trying to restack a bunch of wine-soaked cardboard boxes.

We'd also regularly handle shipments of really expensive electronic switchgear. They only let the most experienced and careful loaders handle those as some of those big sections of gear were worth $100K each.

One night a guy stabbed his fork into a 55 gallon drum of acetone that was placed on the floor behind a pallet he was trying to pick up. Talk about a mess. You couldn't go near that end of the dock for the rest of the night and that trailer sat 'til the acetone evaporated before they finished unloading it the next day.

Sometimes we'd get trailers full of paint cans where the drivers must've braked suddenly or gone over some big bumps because the pallets would be tipped over, lots of cans broken open, and paint all over the inside of the trailer. Those were a lot of fun to unload and clean up.

I could go on, and on...

Old 07-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am getting ready to send, Heads "iron", block, and several small parts all packaged and crated very well, who would you guys recomend? it will be shipped from my family buisness and is going to Koerner racing engines in Tuscan AZ,

D.S.R.E. Your NW Pontiac Street/Strip Engine Builder, Specializing in Cylinder Head,Intake Manifold,and Exhaust Manifold Porting services and Building the Most Efficient stock rebuilds to Hi HP Pump Gas and Race Combinations for Pontiac,Buicks,Olds,FE Fords,385 Series and HP Gen 3 and 4 LS engines!
2006 silvy Z71 4X4,383 LS 600+hp NA
Shared Toy-66 Lemans 470cid by me 537hp 580tq-manifolds, 570hp 590tq-2"headers,custom cam,rpm intake, mild e-heads, Looks stock ;-}
Old 07-14-2008, 10:29 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The company we use is called Lynden. For ground shipping they specialize in the western US and Canada. A bit more expensive but have a 100% success rate with some very fragile parts for my company.