Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well as someone that needs to ship around 14K in engine parts 1200 miles this thread pretty much made me sh*t my pants :oogle:

I got a quote to have a custom crate built for $250, but that wont keep the shipping company from rolling my crate off the end of the truck.

Hmm... 19 hours and 1200 miles to drive it there:drive:

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 09-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 Ventura II View Post
Sorry for the "Headache"! Can't trust anyone these days. Maybe the USPS shipping is better?

Last week I received my new cam via UPS, the cam was securely packed in a shipping tube. PROBLEM: UPS had managed to rip the entire end, at least 4-5", off the shipping tube and had tried to tape it back on! I knew it was mangled when the UPS driver was carrying the cam like a baby in both hands. By "Pure Luck" the cam was undamaged but not for a lack of trying! JD
x100 better anything I get from the states comes USPS. UPS sucks sh#t they just don't give a rats ass what happens to your stuff.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy View Post
I almost had the big one when I saw the condition of the crate my 474 came in. The motor was crated and banded and bolted to a base pallet. The bands were broken, the 1/4 inch plywood was crookedly leaning to one side and most of the deck screws were ripped from their places. Luckily, the shortblock was okay. The carrier was Fedex Freight. I guess they all have about the same regard for personal property. UPS, Fedex, DSL etc. I have gotten alot of heavy things via Roadway and never had a probem-period. I think the trucking lines are a safer bet than Big Brown and the like.

That's the ticket! Leave the truck freight to truckers...

Old 11-06-2010, 10:32 AM

Default Engines Direct

Try this guy.

Kevin at Engines Direct has shipped four motors for me so far. He moves engines as a side to a big industrial engine/trans replacement company,or something like that.He gets a HUGH discount rate from R&L carriers. I opened my own account with R&L and my best rate was double Kevin's. Here's the good part, R&L picks up with a pallet jack and a lift gate truck and drops off the same way. They roll it right into the garage.
Find a good pallet,then build a cradle for under the pan rails, so it can't roll. Strap it down with ratchet straps. Wrap it up or crate it if you want. I don't think I've payed over 300.00 form anywhere to S.FL. . Now I'm not saying Kevin's perfect, or R&L either, but its worked for me. You need to stay in contact with both untill you motor arrives.
I hate to recommend services like this because you just know whats gonna happen as soon as you do,but he's saved me a bunch of money and its worked out so far.Les Kasten turned me onto him and he's used Kevin several times as well.
Engines Direct 1-800-998-2100
R&L Shipping 1-800-543-5589 Ext.1747 Heather (She's great, and can track a shipment if things get cross threaded.)

Just an option for ya
Bob