Old 03-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

1. Don't buy a restamped WS for what an original WS block is worth. Post pics of the stamps here.

2. Don't buy anything (especially an allegedly original block) from Barry Martin/Sonic Motors. Yes, this was an expensive lesson that I learned many years ago.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Very cool. I wonder why production was stopped on the a-bodies at that plant? I have a couple 67's in the shop from KC... The 68's must be few and far between!

Bulletproof, you won't believe who bought that shaved face 0071 block I saw sunday! lol

My site... needs updated-
www.fastrestorations.com

68 GTO's (RA II, RA I, HO, convert, Pro Street, Racecar, etc.), 2 69 GTO Judges, 70 GTO racecar -10.77 @ 124mph, 68 Tempest survivor, 3 03 Aztecs!
Old 03-29-2013, 12:54 PM

I am restoring a 68 gto built in late 67 with k in serial number.I have phs documentation and it is all numbers matching.I could not find frame serial number,it has correct part number and date.Has anyone restored a kansas build and found number?Maybe looking in wrong location.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Senior Chief

This awesome thread has had 440 views.....

Why is it that the terrible advice contained here goes unchallenged?

- then when a questionable engine or car shows up for sale on ebay or whatever,

the same members who give this crap a pass, love to pile on and crucify the seller?

Old 05-16-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajunkman View Post
This awesome thread has had 440 views.....

Why is it that the terrible advice contained here goes unchallenged?

- then when a questionable engine or car shows up for sale on ebay or whatever,

the same members who give this crap a pass, love to pile on and crucify the seller?
Thanks for the insight. Do you care to expand in some level of detail? Otherwise the improper information will perpetuate.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B View Post
Thanks for the insight. Do you care to expand in some level of detail? Otherwise the improper information will perpetuate.
Self explanatory isn't it? You asked for advice about selecting a correctly dated/coded engine for your non numbers GTO and the advice you received was to re-stamp/fake one into a numbers matching block.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:54 PM

Yeah I thought that re-stamping was bad advice. I know in VA it is illegal. Don't want to make the thread into a debate about that though. I am just trying to get smart on the right components for my 68 HO GTO.