Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2019, 08:16 PM
Senior Chief

Default 1978 Trans Am

1978 Trans am for sale in Edmonton, Canada. Looking for $25,000 Canadian dollars. Selling it to fund the restoration of my 1970 GTO. I've got tons of pictures from the resto, reciepts, etc. Plus a build thread in the archives here somewhere....

This is the posting from my kijiji ad:

"1978 Trans Am. This car has undergone a full body off frame restoration, and is pretty much new front to back.

This was a decent car to start with, There has been some rust repair on the 1/4 panels but the floors, trunk, etc. are original & cherry. The bottom side was sandblasted, sealed, & bedlinered. Tons of photos to document the body restoration. Really nice paint in the original Martinique blue, new decals. All new brake & fuel lines, body bushings, hardware, etc. All suspensions components blasted & painted, new bushings, all new front end. Not an original WS6 suspension car, but I did install WS6 spec springs & sway bars, along with a beautifully restored set of 15 x 8" snowflake wheels.

It was originally a W72 Pontiac 400; the original engine was gone when I got the car. It now has a rebuilt 428 from a 1969 Grand Prix. I tried to make the engine look close to an original T/A, only a pretty hardcore Pontiac fan would know its not. Ram Air manifolds from an earlier engine, proper dual exhaust with splitters. Rebuilt turbo 350 automatic & 3:23 saf-t-track rear end.

The interior shows really well, New headliner & carpets. Dashboard, console, and all plastics refinished. Original seat upholstery in fantastic condition. Detailed trunk.

Note - some of these are older pictures. The first picture is current, with the screaming chicken on the hood, the correct wheel center caps. It has now has the correct color keyed floor mats, not the black ones in the picture.

There is way too much to list, contact me for more information."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3561.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	515515   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3068.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	515516   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3065.jpg