Old 06-17-2019, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you! Hvlp or siphon, or doesn't matter?

Old 06-18-2019, 04:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardo View Post
Thank you! Hvlp or siphon, or doesn't matter?
Looks like Hvlp or conventional is fine

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Old 06-19-2019, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thank you. That's what i was looking for.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:03 PM

Well I got my can of trunk paint from the PartsPlace and here is my experience with them copied so it goes from bottom to top. It came with no sheet like the Zolotone one above and the crappiest instructions on the side of the can. It gave no indication of where they sourced it from or even if you should or shouldn’t thin it and what to clean up with. It may be a good product with these instructions and not getting a can that was apparently damaged or misprepared but I will never again buy anything from the PartsPlace.
Hi, 
The can does have instructions on the back of it.
Thank you

Do these photos violate eBay policies? Let us know

Your previous message
Well as I stated before, it NEVER had any Aqua in it when I first opened the can. I did stir it like it said to and to the extent that it is possible with a paint stick and full can of paint. It was only stirred once and I sent you a picture of the paint stick I did it with, pure grey. Maybe it was dropped somewhere along the way? Either way, it would have been helpful to have this explanation with the can.
thepartsplaceinc:
Hello,
The paint has a base color and in the base color, they mix flakes of aqua latex chips. The latex is soft and wet so when you spray it out of your gun, it sticks on top of the base color. The problem is if you shake or over stir the paint, all the latex flakes will be broken down and you won't have any flakes to be shown. The aqua will not return, I am very sorry.
Thank you
Your previous message
It never had noticeable aqua in it when I opened the can. I thought it somehow was supposed to “appear” when it was sprayed under pressure. If it ever had aqua in it, will it ever settle back out?
thepartsplaceinc:
Hello,
Thank you for your pictures. It appears that you over-stirred it which caused the latex particles in the paint to break down. It changed the color from black with aqua to gray.
Thank you
Your previous message
Here are some pics of what I sprayed on the side of a barrel, paint stick, etc. Thanks
thepartsplaceinc:
Hello,
You definitely do not thin it. Can you do me a favor and send me a picture of the label and also the paint itself if you can. We really don't have too many issues with this paint so I would like to see if you received the correct paint and get this figured out.
Thank you
Your previous message
Hi, I attempted to paint the spatter paint with a suction feed sprayer. I stirred well and poured but did not shake. The paint seemed thick but there weren’t any instructions on what to thin it with or clean the gun with so I just test sprayed it at between 30 and 50 psi and it is just grey with no turquoise and paint flow was low like it was too thick. I don’t see any turquoise in the paint can either but don’t know how it is supposed to work. I guessed at using lacquer thinner to clean the gun but didn’t seem to work well. I have sprayed regular primer and paint but am no expert at this so am I missing something with paint thinning or the process of bringing out the turquoise spots with the atomization. I did try the lower pressure

Old 08-16-2019, 06:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not cool and typical for Parts Place from what i've heard. Inline tube is no better from my experience. I did buy a can of that paint recently, but the body guy will be applying it. He's used it before, so if my can is messed up like yours, he'll know it.

Old 08-16-2019, 07:29 AM

Default Trunk spatter paint

I used the very same product about two weeks ago. You definitely know what you have when you open the can. I would take an educated guess and say the can was mis labeled.
I did get what I ordered, very pleased with the results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC36C66B-9B8C-47E5-82CB-4CB1F4D81418.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	517935