SOLD Pontiacs The cars in here have already been sold. The topics will be kept for a few months for referance.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Suspended

Default 1978 Y88 WS6 Gold SE Trans Am

I'm getting geared up to sell my auto trans, Pontiac motored Y88 SE WS6 TA this spring. It's a very decent, mostly solid car to start with that was just painted about 1.5 yrs ago. The decals have never been ordered or placed yet. Gold T-tops, gold steering wheel and original faded gold dash insert still present. Tan column's there too. It's a good looking car that is the kind you want to start with for solid body panels. PHS shows this is a WS6, pulse wipers, and rear defrost as well. the car appears very straight and has no body flaws. It's so freshly and completely repainted on the exterior, that I have to make mention of the door that I knocked a tiny chip or two of paint off of the door edge--very, very small (really). The interior is the original--whatever they called the camel velour pattern these cars got. I don't think the seats are ripped, but they're a LITTLE dirty. They still provide good support for hours of driving. The dash is cracked and has a cover. Has the T-top covers, inflatable spare and jack are all correct too. Of course there's some other things lacking on the car.

This is a Pontiac engined car from the factory. The motor is a NOM 400 that has a squeal that shows when revved over 2500 rpms. IT sounds like a belt slipping, but I don't think it is. This was supposedly rebuilt with a .060 overbore. I have no idea of the builder, but assume it will need a tear down. Under about 2500 rpms, it's fine so far. It's still a car that I cruise all over town and around in. I just don't punch it and everything is fine. The fender spatz have been molded in and the last owner also added additional spatz to the rear of the wheel wells before he painted it. The rear footwells have some rust-thru. The door panels were cut for tweeter speakers where the gold birds go. That's the dirty news on the car.

I have a complete running original 1987 YA motor from another running/driving Y88 TA that preceeds the build of this car by one month--it goes with the car. If I swap it in the car before it sells, I'm keeping the other 400.
Priced now at an asking price of $7900--with the additional motor.
dammm@knology.net
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phs3.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	122714   Click image for larger version

Name:	ta1.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	122715   Click image for larger version

Name:	ta5.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	122716   Click image for larger version

Name:	ta9.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	122717  

Old 02-17-2008, 01:19 AM
Suspended

Make that a 1978 YA code TA motor from another Y88 car that predates this Y88 TA build date by one month. I pulled it from the original car and had PHS on that car too. It has had some level of rebuild in the past. I did get it running prior to pulling the engine, and it had no issues.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:00 PM
Suspended

It turns out that the car DOES NOT have an engine issue. It turns out to the be squeaking belts. I took both off and the noise is gone. Still available for sale at no increase in price.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Suspended

Bump. I'm looking forward to the spring shows with the car. It will sell at this price when someone sees it.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Suspended

Sold--Craigslist.
Thanks, though.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get for it? Im just curious about the market.. Im looking for another one and totally forgot about yours till I saw this post. Dangit....