WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:52 PM

LOL. Wish I could drink the stuff. I miss it! Makes me violently ill right away so no can do anymore.

It's VOLUME your needin'!!!

I like to Turn it up to 11...Nigel Tufnel...Spinal Tap
Old 03-02-2007, 01:25 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If it was a Pontiac yes, Monaro no. It'll never happen. The GM Monaro is a posterchild for brand management over substance.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:51 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_GTO
responses in this thread amaze me.......
Yes, that is because in your little world nobody is entitled to an opinion. Nobody cares what you think. Get over it.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

All I know is if GM could take a page from the MoPar and Ford books and make one that looked REAL close to this again I would trip over my dead mother to buy it. Let me qualifiy that!!! WITH a "heritage" engine, meaning a PONTIAC in it not a freaking GM generic. Sure it can be modernized with all the proper emisssions stuff etc. just base it off of the '73-'74SD and make it out of Al and stick a roller hyd. and TPI etc. I'll take it!

It'll never happen I know so I'll stick to the oldies.

http://home.rochester.rr.com/vampyre...rn%20Great.jpg
“The unexamined life is not worth living.”
― Socrates
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

Last edited by uneasyrider; 03-02-2007 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneasyrider
All I know is if GM could take a page from the MoPar and Ford books and make one that looked REAL close to this again I would trip over my dead mother to buy it. Let me qualifiy that!!! WITH a "heritage" engine, meaning a PONTIAC in it not a freaking GM generic. Sure it can be modernized with all the proper emisssions stuff etc. just base it off of the '73-'74SD and make it out of Al and stick a roller hyd. and TPI etc. I'll take it!

It'll never happen I know so I'll stick to the oldies.

http://home.rochester.rr.com/vampyre...rn%20Great.jpg
GM will not build your "heritage" engine. Pontiac, as it once was, is dead. The only motors you'll get from GM will be GM...no Pontiac, no Buick, no Chevy...just GM. True Pontiac or not the LSX motors kick ass too.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff R
GM will not build your "heritage" engine. Pontiac, as it once was, is dead. The only motors you'll get from GM will be GM...no Pontiac, no Buick, no Chevy...just GM. True Pontiac or not the LSX motors kick ass too.
To the tune of FOUR HUNDRED factory horses with plenty left for the DIY'er. I would love to have a true Poncho V8 as much as anybody, but I live in the real world and it aint happening. So I choose to make the most of the situation at hand, which aint a bad situation at all.