WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66
Maybe Ill see you in Chicago for the auto show in Feb...

I wish I could go to see the reveal of the G8.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_GTO
The car lived up to EVERYTHING the old car was and more....

The car was a LIMITED PRODUCTION car to begin with. It was NEVER meant to sell in masses as the old one was.
What a moronic statement. The orginal GTO's started the revolution known as the "MUSCLE CAR" . Can't say the same for the new GTO.

Sure it's based on the same principle as the orginal. However, it was not the catalyst of major change in the automotive industry.

Your closing statement only supports my argument and contradicts your ubsurd opinion.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTObsessed
What a moronic statement. The orginal GTO's started the revolution known as the "MUSCLE CAR" . Can't say the same for the new GTO.

Sure it's based on the same principle as the orginal. However, it was not the catalyst of major change in the automotive industry.

Your closing statement only supports my argument and contradicts your ubsurd opinion.
YOU TELL 'EM GTObsessed!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTObsessed

Yes you can, it did, there I said it again. 04 GTO then Challenger then Camaro then ???? I'd consider the trend of 2+2 RWD V8s a shift in the industry.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_GTO
I wish I could go to see the reveal of the G8.
My only worry about the success of that car is the CTS, if ithe G8 comes standard with a V8, no worries...
Old 01-26-2007, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBLER
Yes you can, it did, there I said it again. 04 GTO then Challenger then Camaro then ???? I'd consider the trend of 2+2 RWD V8s a shift in the industry.
So your saying the new GTO started a revolution?

I beg to differ. If you look at the average HP in domestice and import cars of the last 5-10 years it was actually import company's like NISSAN/SUBARU etc...that started doubling horsepower & performance numbers in their sedans. Pontiac did not lead that race. Sure they made a smart move and pushed the HP envelope much farther than the imports.

I'd agree with the last statement. However, it's nothing revolutionary considering it was done befor ie: the 60's! The 60's GTO did not repeat the past, it started a trend. There is a big difference.

Bottom line a Shift is not equal to a Revolution!
Old 01-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yup, that's what I'm sayin. Minor shifts typically are what start revolutions... I would'nt even address a newb but the moron statement kind of rubbed me the wrong way. The car did live up to the GTO name but that had nothing to do with its popularity on this board, it was those who could'nt get past the concept of a global GM. What are you drivin for a daily driver? Let's pick that car apart...
Old 01-26-2007, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blue 66
YOU TELL 'EM GTObsessed!!!!!!
Oh lord, Mr Cheerleader.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Oh lord, Mr Cheerleader.
RawRaw Raw......he's absolutley right......Raw Raw Raw!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What do you daily drive Old Blue? ANything to liven up this horse that's been beatin to death for 4 years now!
Old 01-26-2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Yup, that's what I'm sayin. Minor shifts typically are what start revolutions... I would'nt even address a newb but the moron statement kind of rubbed me the wrong way. The car did live up to the GTO name but that had nothing to do with its popularity on this board, it was those who could'nt get past the concept of a global GM. What are you drivin for a daily driver? Let's pick that car apart...
Let me spell it out again, Pontiac didnt start the minor HP performance shifts in the sedan dept. It was the asian imports.

I have no problem with the current GTO being an import rebadged monaro or what ever the argument is. Does it deserve the GTO name plate? I don't think it does IMHO.

Is it a kick ass performance sedan...hell yeah!

Does it look like a polished terd...unfortunately. Otherwise, I'd buy one.

Does it have soul and distinction? Unfortunately, it doesn't.

Will it be remembered/revered like the 60's GTO, in 40 years? I doubt it.

I am glad Pontiac pushed the 400HP area with the current GTO.

It won't be long now until someone put the SHOW and GO together.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It doesnt matter what my daily driver is. Im not on some web site claiming that its revolutionized any segment of the market. To me, since I drive so much, as long as its been reliable, I have no problem with it. Ill tell you its a sports sedan that Im happy with and will probibly buy my third one in the next year or two.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:08 PM

Talked to a higher up in Pontiac today, as well as unveiling the new RWD V8 G8 at the Chicago Auto Show, he said there may be a few more suprises by GM. He said there is going to be a new GTO retro styled based on the 68-69 style and we may see it at the Chicago Auto Show! This may be one of the coolest cars ever, but it also may be a big disapoinment. I can't wait to see it. I sure hope they do it right.

BTW No need to bash car salespeople, unless they are selling imports. Buy American Cars, because it matters.

Buy American Cars, Because it Matters

67 GTO Convert (work in progress)
69 Firebird Convert 400
97 Trans am Ram air convert, my driver
05 Cadillac Escalade, wife's driver
Old 01-26-2007, 11:09 PM
Senior Chief

It's really not apples to apples when you compare the development of the new GTO to the new Mustang with regards to their individual success or failure....even thou their both in the performance segment.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67gtoTony
Talked to a higher up in Pontiac today, as well as unveiling the new RWD V8 G8 at the Chicago Auto Show, he said there may be a few more suprises by GM. He said there is going to be a new GTO retro styled based on the 68-69 style and we may see it at the Chicago Auto Show! This may be one of the coolest cars ever, but it also may be a big disapoinment. I can't wait to see it. I sure hope they do it right.

BTW No need to bash car salespeople, unless they are selling imports. Buy American Cars, because it matters.
Now that's good news! My fingers are crossed.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67gtoTony

If they come out with a PONTIAC GTO retro, what will happen to resale on the current GT UT-OH!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Genovese
If they come out with a PONTIAC GTO retro, what will happen to resale on the current GT UT-OH!
You will be able to pick one up cheap, or you could overpay for a rice burner.

69 Firebird Convert 400
Old 01-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Senior Chief

[QUOTE=67gtoTony]Talked to a higher up in Pontiac today, as well as unveiling the new RWD V8 G8 at the Chicago Auto Show, he said there may be a few more suprises by GM. He said there is going to be a new GTO retro styled based on the 68-69 style and we may see it at the Chicago Auto Show! QUOTE]

Perhaps he's speaking of the G8 Concept car that GM 'was' going to show in Chicago..... all thou it doesn't really have any 68-69 styling to it.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:25 PM

Perhaps he's speaking of the G8 Concept car that GM 'was' going to show in Chicago..... all thou it doesn't really have any 68-69 styling to it.[/QUOTE]

No he was speaking of a New GTO built right beside the new Camaro

69 Firebird Convert 400
Old 01-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Senior Chief

Well there's no GTO being shown in Chicago....GM was building a G8 concept that is NOT being shown now, but the G8 production will be.

Hey Tony how do you like your Acadia?