1982-92 TA & FB TECH 1993-2002 TA & FB Tech is now part of the new Late Model Section of the PY Forums. Click this link to check it out.

Old 12-03-2004, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Gee, look at all the attention you`re
gettin now!

Old 12-05-2004, 08:24 PM

Heff, I hear you,man! I'm from eastern Canada. I have a 78 Grand Am. Right now the car is apart being restored, or should I say restified because my plan is for to replace the 301 with 400 cubes and use pretty well all Pontiac parts. I know there are people who think I'm nuts because it's NOT a such-and-such model, but it's still a rear wheel drive A-body with a V-8 and won't cost a fortune to build.

Old 12-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Senior Chief

Don

Not just saying this because you are a fellow Canuck, but I think you have a great plan. I love those cars. They look great, drive great and are affordable. Don't let anyone call you crazy if you are building one like that. I still hope to build a Pontiac powered 79 or 80 ish Grand Am some day, with a stick.

Carl

Old 12-10-2004, 05:03 AM
Senior Chief

I'm with you guys. The second generation Grand Am has a nice smooth ride, and the quick turning radius is sweet!! The 301/4 barrel is a good motor for it, but I sure would like to drop a 400 in the 4 speed car I just picked up (Scott). The car has a really nice "Pontiac Look" to it, but I'd like to see a shaker scoop as an option. More picture on this site would be good, but people really need to dive a 2nd Gen down a twisting road and step on the throttle to get the full effect of the car. I've bought 4 in the past 2 months, so yeah, I like em.

As for the 88 Lemans..........ya just gotta point and laugh.

Old 12-13-2004, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i had a 78GP for 3yrs with a 78TA-400XX/350TH/8.5-3.70gear. now that was a sleeper car. fully loaded accessories. only pontiac guys noticed the engine difference. JUST A NOTE; you may have to box in the frame rails & axle arms.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100