Old 02-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 66 4 door Bonne is it of any use

I am thinking about making a low-ball offer on this car. All I want is the front seat back. Figuring I might be able to sell the wheels and carb. Then get $10/100# for the rest at the scrap yard.

Does anyone need anything off a car like this or want the car itself? It is a lot of crap to go through just to get a decent armrest seatback, but would not have to recover. It is not too far away.

If any interest LMK

http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/3599566476.html

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 02-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Senior Chief

I'd see if he would sell it without the ugly a$$ wheels and tires, you could probably get it cheaper, plus it might be hard to sell the wheels.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Can't tell for sure from the tiny photos but the car looks too good for parting out to me.

The one advantage to the big wheels is they probably will bring more in scrap price.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It might be too good to part/scrap if there was anyone who wanted these. I have never found anyone who even wanted parts off the 4 doors. Undoubtedly, one day it will be different, but for now, I see no market. I already have two I need to scrap, so this has to be a move along, move along kind of deal. I was honestly thinking of just driving it to the yard, taking off what was wanted and leaving it. I agree that it might be hard to sell the wheels, but they will fit on a GM truck too!

Just want to see if there is any need here for anything so I could make an offer. It has been for sale before with no takers, so no big rush.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
Old 02-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bruce,

It WILL be different in the future. There seems to be a total fixation on 2 door cars - convertibles and hard tops but not on 4 doors?? I don't know why??

Same thing as wagons!! Who wanted a wagon not many years ago. Now they are "gold" for a good one. And who would know that better than you......

One day coming this car would be an unusual survivor amid the constant lines of 2 doors and convertibles

It would be a pity to see this car scrapped but I certainly know you can't save them all.

So, that said I see this car is an A/C car plus it has the 4 way flashers. And it may well have other options we can't see???

I for one would love to know if it is an ATC car in which case I badly need the temperature sensor in the firewall just above the blower motor.
Let me know

Cheers

Ian

Old 02-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"This is a great project car runs good trans shift good cums wit 22 inch wheels any more question contact me at"......

Really?

Old 02-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65WJ View Post
"This is a great project car runs good trans shift good cums wit 22 inch wheels any more question contact me at"......

Really?
I loved it, but can't say if it is contrived or real. Suspect it is for real. Entertainment regardless.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
Old 02-20-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65WJ View Post

Really?
He probably thought he was posting in the "Casual Encounters" section.

TS

Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't foresee the 4 doors ever getting popular. Look at the hot rod crowd and the 30's-40'-50's guys. Four doors aren't popular with them and never have been. Which stinks for those of us trying to restore one...

Old 02-21-2013, 01:43 AM

I might be a bit one eyed, but to me the 4Dr H/t looks classy as, in the right color's,
and am sure they WILL be the go, especially when you want to hit the cruising scene with the family Can't think of anything I need off it for Bonne, but would love a parting car like that Down under in Aust..

paul

Old 02-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Senior Chief

How are the front fenders, I would be interested if the are straight and bondo free.
Joe

C5 Corvette Roadster
Old 02-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I need a B.A.B.E. rallye car.... http://www.streetsafari.com/streetsa...sy-babe-rally/ sell it to me for $500 and I will wheel it from NYC to Nawlins.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine-Ear View Post
I need a B.A.B.E. rallye car.... http://www.streetsafari.com/streetsa...sy-babe-rally/ sell it to me for $500 and I will wheel it from NYC to Nawlins.
BigApple2BigEasy is a unique motoring experience and as we've said and heard time and time before, "You either get it, or you don't."

After all, what's not to get about buying a $500 car, making it safe and road legal, cramming it full of (hopefully, for your sake) like-minded friends or family, then chugging across -- at least -- 1,500 miles of pure American highways and byways?

It's very easy to join in. Just get yourself the worst looking vehicle you can for $500 or less and enter the Rally.

Sounds like fun!!!

65 Cat Ventura, 66 Cat Vert, 63 GP
Old 02-22-2013, 01:49 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Hell, I'd like to have that car right now. A weekend's worth of body work, a Maaco paint job, a thorough cleanup, and the extra set of Rally II's in the basement and you have a driver.

It really would've been awesome back in the day. You know, a few college buddies and a road trip somewhere for a weekend of partying. And for some reason that still sounds like a good idea...

Last edited by 63 Pontiac; 02-22-2013 at 01:55 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:12 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63 Pontiac View Post
Hell, I'd like to have that car right now. A weekend's worth of body work, a Maaco paint job, a thorough cleanup, and the extra set of Rally II's in the basement and you have a driver.

It really would've been awesome back in the day. You know, a few college buddies and a road trip somewhere for a weekend of partying. And for some reason that still sounds like a good idea...
That's a road trip car. You don't need a station wagon. Just throw everyone in the back seat.

1968 lemans :In progress!
1970 Bonneville 455 HO convertible (survivor)sold
1969 firebird
Old 02-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I bombed around in a '65 Bonne Vista in around 2000 and loved it...

Bruce looks like the DarkSiders around you don't wanna see this'n go to an early grave.

That said, at $2k I think the seller is fishing. I agree with the idea that you negotiate your best price and then say, take another $500 off the price and you keep the wagon wheels & sell them on your own, yo.

Assuming (dangerous, I know) it runs and drives, $1000 CA$H, and you bring conventional wheels/tires.

Then, you take what you need from it, I'll give you $500 for it, make it roadworthy at your place, drive the BABE rallye and then find a new home for it either in N.O. or back here, and let it go for what I have into it.

Memories made all over the place...the essence of the hobby.

Old 02-22-2013, 08:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine-Ear View Post
If you are serious, I will make an offer on the car. I have enough parts here to put whatever it needs on it to be road worthy. They might not be show quality, but they will be decent enough for a trip like that.

It is only about 70 miles from me. Probably rig up something for transport with local help.

All I want to do is swap out the seat back. I have a set of Rally IIs that can go on the car. We could probably find some used 15" tires for cheap at a local tire place.

That would be the perfect vehicle for that run. These things typically will ride that distance in nearly any condition with a 389 & TH 400. As you know you'd be real comfortable in it. We are thinking exactly the same way here Matt. I will help you make it happen if you want. Give me about. I am about 7.5 easy hours from NYC. No need to take 95. You can do 81 or 11 the majority of the way. 11 is old school awesome. Parallels 81. Scoot over from PA once you get north.

As I figured - there are Deadheads doing this. We did the same thing for 15 years seeing shows until we had enough $ to have decent cars LOL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	deadheadsafari.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	313963  

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon

Last edited by Deadhead; 02-22-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bruce, I will call you later today.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

current owner is too dumb to eff it up. Factory Air car, who knows what else?

Waiting for someone to take the bit in their teeth and turn one of these great 4-doors into a daily driver.

The vast majority still rolling have the low compression engine; all but the Suburban doesn't have nearly the room, and when that great Owen front end comes bearing down on your average Prius, the "Number 1 Son" behind the wheel will crap his pants.

Also... check carefully for the quantity and quality of the interior trim, such as radio, guages, vent window handles, etc, etc, a lot interchages down the line.

Love the big uns...

Old 02-27-2013, 11:32 PM
Senior Chief

Still driving my $500 65 Star Chief 4drHT 6+ years later.

Not all car people are hot roder/muscle car/performance car people.

My Star Chief is a daily driver beater but I also have a very nice low mile 66 Chrysler 4drHT as one of my collector cars. I also have a GTO, Bonneville convertible, Coronet convertible and a 57 Coupe DeVille. The Chrysler is the most fun to drive of them all.

The summer I am going to look for a 67 B-body 4dr for my daughter to drive to school (clopasing steering column).

I hope the deal goes through and this 66 is saved.

Carmak
Riverside, Iowa
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	65 starchief.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	314662