THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-06-2020, 06:53 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
That’s a very calm way to look at it- and probably the best. You can get angry and yell at people on the phone for a month and not get anything, or you can not get anything and go on about your life....
LOL, age has a way of taming some frustrations and anger to the point you can see it's just not worth it - raises your blood pressure too much and now when I take a punch......it hurts.

Now 40 years ago, WAY different story as I would find out who that driver was and know exactly where he had left it - and might even have him compensate me for it out of his own pocket if it did not show up and got lost. LOL

Old 07-06-2020, 07:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had a rockauto shipment (a Cuda grill - about $550). Same thing - Fedex Ground.

The package sat at the depot in Northampton, PA for over a week. Each day it said "on vehicle for delivery". Never delivered. Then one day, a week after I called every single day to complain, the tracking update miraculously says "Delivered at 1:44 PM, left at front door". I have a UPS store P.O Box, mind you, so no delivery is ever "left at the front door".

I went down to my UPS store, which coincidentally has half a dozen surveillance cameras in the store and in the parking lot. None of the footage showed any Fedex Ground vehicle in that parking lot during the entire day, and of course no-one leaving a package at the front door at 1:44 PM that day.

I made a claim with Rockauto. They took their time robo-responding and kept telling me to wait for delivery before making a claim. Huh????

I then contacted my credit card company and talked to an actual human because it was a paypal purchase. The credit card company immediately charged back Paypal for the full amount. Paypal eventually rejected my claim with them since I went outside their procedures and used my credit card company's claim process, but they did not dispute the chargeback from Mastercard since I had real video proof that Fedex Ground committed fraud.

So, if you used paypal and it came from a credit card - file a claim with your credit card company immediately.

BTW, the same day I went down to review the camera footage, i talked to an actual Fedex driver in the area. I asked him of he had seen the Fedex Ground truck that day. He said, and I kid you not: "Fedex Ground is not part of the actual Fedex company. Their deliveries are all done by private contractors, most of whom are thieves who sign up to deliver, just so they have access to steal packages." He was adamant that they are not actual Fedex employees - just some random dude with a van who subcontracted out deliveries for whoever has the contract that month. No criminal record checks, no background checks whatsoever.

Last edited by njsteve; 07-06-2020 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:20 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsteve View Post
I had a rockauto shipment (a Cuda grill - about $550). Same thing - Fedex Ground.

The package sat at the depot in Northampton, PA for over a week. Each day it said "on vehicle for delivery". Never delivered. Then one day, a week after I called every single day to complain, the tracking update miraculously says "Delivered at 1:44 PM, left at front door". I have a UPS store P.O Box, mind you, so no delivery is ever "left at the front door".

I went down to my UPS store, which coincidentally has half a dozen surveillance cameras in the store and in the parking lot. None of the footage showed any Fedex Ground vehicle in that parking lot during the entire day, and of course no-one leaving a package at the front door at 1:44 PM that day.

I made a claim with Rockauto. They took their time robo-responding and kept telling me to wait for delivery before making a claim. Huh????

I then contacted my credit card company and talked to an actual human because it was a paypal purchase. The credit card company immediately charged back Paypal for the full amount. Paypal eventually rejected my claim with them since I went outside their procedures and used my credit card company's claim process, but they did not dispute the chargeback from Mastercard since I had real video proof that Fedex Ground committed fraud.

So, if you used paypal and it came from a credit card - file a claim with your credit card company immediately.

BTW, the same day I went down to review the camera footage, i talked to an actual Fedex driver in the area. I asked him of he had seen the Fedex Ground truck that day. He said, and I kid you not: "Fedex Ground is not part of the actual Fedex company. Their deliveries are all done by private contractors, most of whom are thieves who sign up to deliver, just so they have access to steal packages." He was adamant that they are not actual Fedex employees - just some random dude with a van who subcontracted out deliveries for whoever has the contract that month. No criminal record checks, no background checks whatsoever.

Fed-Ex Ground is a separate division of Fed-Ex. You are not a Fed-Ex paid employee, but still are under the thumb of Fed-Ex. I pulled doubles for 8 years with them. Fed-Ex Ground is the contractor division, ie owner operators. An owner operator, whether tractor-trailer or van, signs on with a contract with Fed-Ex Ground. Then the contractor can add trucks/vans and bid for routes or run deliveries "out of the window." So a contractor could have 5 trucks like my former boss and each has a specific run, and the van guys are the same. The contractor does not have to even drive. He can just sign on his equipment and then hire a driver to drive for him and then manage his "company."

You are an employee of the contractor and must follow Fed-Ex rules, regulations, safety crap, speeding, etc. just as the contractor does. They do have background checks, drug testing, and DOT physicals. Fed-Ex can fire the contractor and/or contractor's employee as they tried with me - twice. So you are not technically a Fed-Ex company employee being paid by Fed-Ex or get any medical/vacation/holidays/raises etc. as you would an Employee, but you are subject to Fed-Ex rules and regulations, wear their uniform, and other. The management people are Fed-Ex employees.

As you mentioned, yes, a delivery driver could have easily scanned the package and claimed to have dropped it off when he did not because my PO does not have any outside camera's that I am aware of. But, you make a good point and I will ask if they do. It would be very easy to steal a package by any van driver unless they have security camera's inside the van, and it was turned on- I'll have to call one of my buddies who is still a contractor with Fed-Ex Ground. Many packages used to get stolen by the loaders inside the terminal. They would sneak out a back door, throw stuff over a fence, and retrieve it later. Walk it out past the guard. And even recognize specific shippers who shipped high dollar items such as jewelry or watches and the package would somehow fall off the conveyer belt system, bust wide open spewing contents on the floor and things got missing. From things I have seen, I prefer not to use Fed-Ex Ground. I cannot speak for Fed-Ex Freight or Custom Critical. My preference is UPS and I have been in their big sorting facilities and they seems more organized and much cleaner/neater.

Many tractor trailer companies have in-cab camera's, GPS tracking, and motion sensors that monitor hard braking, activate the camera, and send a message to the safety department who in turn can view the camera footage on his end and will give you a call to explain your actions. Of course they monitor how many hours you drive and when you near the maximum limit you get a message to find a safe place to park and shut down the truck,AND some companies will power down the truck to a crawl via satellite and the trucks engine management computer to force you to stop. Then you get a nasty call from the safety guy to explain yourself and can be terminated. Federal regulations govern all this, pushed/backed by insurance companies, and they take all this stuff seriously. Trucking has changed a whole lot from when I first began - it was enjoyable and fun. Now it is so regulated that it is hard to get away with anything and not worth trying because there can be stiff penalties. I could get into many accidents each day with all the idiots out on the roads, but I know the way lawyers are and public opinion is, so even if it was not my fault, it would be my fault. There is no thing as relaxing your vigil as I am always on my toes looking for the next idiot and ready to grab brakes to avoid all the paperwork.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Jim, Thanks for the insider info.

and just as my new steering wheel adapter (in a Jegs box) is sitting at the same Northampton PA depot for a second day now, saying "on Fedex vehicle for delivery". Gee I wonder which loader saw the Jegs box there on Sunday and tossed it over the fence...

Old 07-07-2020, 08:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

At my location every other FedEx delivery is kind of fraudulent. I'm up on a mountain, they don't want to come up here for one delivery ... so their tracking will say it was delivered to my house while they wait for more deliveries on the mountain to make a run. Sometimes up to two days later.

McMaster no longer uses FedEx in my area. I think they got tired of customers complaining about time sensitive deliveries not making it on time, for the last two years they have used UPS exclusively. UPS is here like clockwork every day.

Old 07-14-2020, 05:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Parts Place has ripped me off twice (shame on me). I bought a power windows kit for a 69 Firebird and they sent me plastic switches and refused to take it back. I also bought a 69 Rally oil/temp gauge face and the pressure on the oil was 180 degrees out. They sell cheap junk IMO.

The Following User Says Thank You to thews For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2020, 06:26 PM
Suspended

Well, here is my follow up to my mess. Took a number of calls to their call center. Got India twice, Salvador once, the Phillipines once, and west Texas twice after requesting to speak to an American - which I recommend.

The gal in India took my info and gave me a reference ID number. I waited several days and heard nothing, then called again. Spoke with a guy in west Texas who said the gal in India did not process my claim correctly and he did it all over again. Told me to wait 2-3 days and I should hear back, or call. I gave them 5 days and they did call.

This time I spoke with a guy from North Carolina. He said they could not retrieve nor find my package, so they were calling my item lost in transit and going to refund me the price of the item. I then got a case number to go with the original tracking number.

OK, great, but now the thing is the the item was sold me by an Ebay seller. He has to file for the re-imbursement using the tracking number and my case number. So I don't get my money back, the seller gets my money back and then I have to trust the seller to get my money back to me.

But, I don't want my money, I want a replacement item which the seller says he does have. So I told him to process the claim and when he gets re-payment, take that as payment for my replacement item, EXCEPT I want it shipped UPS and to my work address so I actually get it. He had provided free shipping and I told him I will cover any additional charges for UPS shipping.

So the seller and myself are on the same page and he has processed the Fed-Ex claim and is waiting payment. The seller has a 100% rating and he said he has never had this happen. So I am taking his word for it and will hopefully get my replacement item and all will be well.

Learned lesson. Never ship Fed-Ex and even if the seller says he is using USPS, do not ship to a Post Office where your post office box has been for 25 years. Ship it UPS to your Post Office, or better yet, to your work address. If you have a home street address then you are OK. I receive all my mail at my local Post Office, or workplace with regards to packages.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Would you have been better off buying direct from parts place?

Old 07-14-2020, 09:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The one time that I ordered direct from TPP, the shipping was way more. I also enquired one time about their red rubber floor mats for my '66. The shipping was ridiculous. And I'm not a fan of them telling me that they'll "get back to you" with the shipping costs while urging me to check out. I understand that it may be partly because I'm not in the States. But many sites in the US allow me to shop in Canadian dollars and they have an instant shipping cost. Rock Auto, for example, gives me a price to my door, including shipping and even applicable federal and local taxes due. Summit as well. Those guys get a lot of my business...

Old 07-18-2020, 07:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, the part that I ordered June 20th from the Parts Place (thru e-bay) arrived today. After having to file a lost/missing mail claim with the USPS. So I ordered a 67-74 drum m/c lid. I received a 67-82 Corvette m/c lid. Hopefully they will stand behind their product and make this right.

Old 07-25-2020, 02:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

So, here's the latest on The Parts Place if anyone cares to read it:

eBay

New message to: thepartsplaceinc
Here's the thing. I bought ebay item number 352272090405, 1967-1974 GM A Body Cars Master Cylinder Lid All Dual Oval Drum Brakes BR1235Z. 2-5/8X5-1/4. For $18 plus tax. You sent me a corvette m/c lid. You told me my item was out of stock, yet you still had it listed on ebay. I called you out on this and alluded to that being false advertising. You then removed the ad from ebay. Meanwhile you also have item number 351884724845 listed on ebay as 1967-81 GM Cars Drum Brake Master Cylinder Lid Cap 2-5/8" X 5-1/4" Oval BR1235Z. Exact same dimensions, exact same photo, exact same part. For $22 plus tax. If I send in the incorrect corvette m/c lid, you will refund $18 plus tax. I will then be forced to buy the exact same thing for $22 plus tax. You guys are trying to not honor the listing I purchased from you and make me pay $4 more. Please honor my purchase or I will be forced to turn this over to ebay.
Tony Bulcher

Old 07-25-2020, 03:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

That sure seems like a lot of work for $4. I’m sure they have hundreds of not thousands of eBay ads and it’s probably difficult to keep up with inventory.

I’m not saying they have great customer service- I’m just thinking this could be an honest mistake

Old 07-25-2020, 05:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, and I have about 8 emails to them trying to explain. Every time they respond they just dummy up. It’s really the principle of honoring their ad. I don’t think $4 will break anyone. You are right, they are a big outfit. They should do the right thing. But I won’t hold my breathe