THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-12-2019, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKerry View Post
I have this same philosophy regarding collector cars. Most people treat them like glass ( and I understand why) however the average f150 on the road as daily transportation most likely cost more!!
Agree with these points, but....

The average modern OEM finish has about 10 times the resistance to paint chipping from road debris as your typical restoration refinish job will.

A new vehicle is going to depreciate pretty heavily whether you drive it and incur some "road wear", or not. The same is not true for a classic car restored to a very high standard.

70 Formula RA III / M21 / Lucerne Blue / Bright Blue
Old 12-12-2019, 10:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

No one drives a concours painted gto as a daily driver....B.S.

Old 12-12-2019, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidponcho View Post
No one drives a concours painted gto as a daily driver....B.S.
No one said anyone was going to. I said I have an off topic car that was painted to that standard, and I daily drive that one. The point was, don't afraid to drive a car after it's been restored.

Old 12-13-2019, 02:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree that a new truck, SUV or take your pick usually has more monetary value than our mid-level restored cars but the big difference to me is that if someone t-bones my new F150, I can get another one just like it from just about any place in America, probably within 50 miles of my front door... Not so easy with a '61 Ventura bubbletop with trips.