Test & Tune Ask questions about the features and functions of the Forums.

Old 02-18-2009, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Private Message Delete

Anyway to get them back? Within the last 5 minutes I accidently deleted one.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Administrator

I'm sorry but there isn't. Once you delete a PM, the system removed it's records from the database. Unfortunately there isn't a recycle bin or trashcan setup for PMs.

Steve

Old 02-20-2009, 02:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

On a related note, is there a way to save these messages to free up some space? I've always just deleted them to get more unused ones. Is that the only way it can be done?

Old 02-20-2009, 01:07 PM

Maybe print them out for future reference? just a thought

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 02-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6d7gto View Post
On a related note, is there a way to save these messages to free up some space? I've always just deleted them to get more unused ones. Is that the only way it can be done?
If you have a look at your private messages screen (where all your massages are listed), your should see a section at the bottom labeled "Download all Private Messages". It gives you the ability to download all of your PMs as XML, CSV or Text. Or you can check the checkbox next to any messages you want to download and use the "Selected Messages" dropdown to download only the selected messages in one of those formats.

Also, if you are running out of space for PMs, remember that the Forums saves all of your sent messages in the Send Mail folder. The sent messages count towards your maximum.

Plus, if you subscribe to our Pontiac Journal, one of the perks is that your maximum number of PMs goes from 150 to 300 for the duration of the 18 month subscription.

Steve

Old 02-21-2009, 08:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm_fan View Post

Plus, if you subscribe to our Pontiac Journal, one of the perks is that your maximum number of PMs goes from 150 to 300 for the duration of the 18 month subscription.

Steve
I thought the subscription ran for only 12 months???? Has it always been 18 months??