Interior TECH Upholstery, Carpet, Dash, Headliner...

Old 09-18-2023, 10:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default what are my seat frames worth?

1966 Lemans convertible. Original Gold, dyed Black. Stitching/vinyl in front bucket seat are rotting!. As far I know, all metal panels, back and side are good. Rear seat vinyl is also rotting. Frames have surface rust as expected. No rotting rust. Slides are working good. I am going to more modern seats, 2016 and up, Camaro black cloth, front and rear if possible.

Old 09-19-2023, 03:45 AM
Suspended

Selling basically as frames, and no pics.

Old 09-19-2023, 08:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

So you're not selling interior, just the seat frames?

Old 09-19-2023, 11:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yes, you are right. Just the seat frames. The rear seat looks good. It is just coming apart where you cannot see it. I tried to reset the post, but I can not figure how to either delete it or amend it.

Old 09-19-2023, 11:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There's a limited time window in which you can edit or delete a post. You got my attention because I'm looking for some interior parts for my '66 but not seats.
In the past, I think I've seen bucket seats needing to be reupholstered going in the $250-$300 range for the pair. Hard to say without pics because it really depends on how much work they will need, shipping cost to the interested party, etc.

Old 09-19-2023, 11:39 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default what are the seat frames worth

sorry, I used the wrong words in my other post. I tried to take it down but can't figure it out. [Administrator?] I have a 66' Lemans convertible with original interior in it. I would like to sell my seats front and rear. It was originally gold, but I dyed it black. The rear seat looks good. But it is rotting where you can not see it. All the frames are good and just has surface rust from age. Seat adjusters work . Front seats the seems are coming apart. All the metal covering are good. In see front seats frames offered from $400 to $700. But the rear seat, being a convertible should be worth a lot more than a hardtop/coupe frame.

Old 09-19-2023, 11:43 AM

Convertible rear seats are specific to convertibles, they have significant value. I’d be hesitant to let it go, pretty sure it would interchange with ‘64 -‘67 convertibles.

Old 09-19-2023, 12:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You know I completely forgot about the rears. Yeah, they are unique to that application. All of them together surely have enough value to significantly offset some of the cost of what you're trying to do.
If you can find a local buyer you're way better. Shipping is crazy nowadays. Fastenal, Greyhound, etc. might help some.

Old 09-19-2023, 03:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Two discussions have been merged to avoid confusion.

Old 09-19-2023, 04:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Have sold tons of original seat cores including at least a dozen A-body convertible rear seat cores. Before attempting to estimate a value, I would strip the tattered vinyl covers & look very closely at the the condition of the bent steel rods that make up the circumference & major structure of each seat cushion area. If moisture & rust have thinned any of those pieces or attacked any of the stamped steel pieces in buckets need rust repair, they will be "project cores", not ready for prime time cores.

Old 09-22-2023, 11:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The seat frames are not rusty! just the usual light rust from not being painted from the factory.

Old 10-02-2023, 06:34 PM

Default seat frame values

New bucket seat frames, 66-68 go for $450 each. They likely fit all A-bodies of similar years. If you just want to get rid of them, $100 each. If you feel like haggling, $250 each. ... I dont see any rear seat frames available new. Convertible is different than coupe, and rarer. I'd try $300 and see what responses you get. Again, should fit all A bodies of similar years.