Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 11-05-2017, 03:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Summit Racing what do you think?

I have been buying from Summit for over 20 years and will continue to do so but they pissed me off this week for the first time and I am waiting to see if they make it right. I bought an ididit column for my car from them back in September. I called tech support got the proper part number and placed the order. I went to install it last week and started off by priming it and painting it because I bought the bare steel one to paint to match the car. I went to install it and something wasn’t right so I pulled it out and looked at the part number vs the invoice and they had sent me the wrong one. I called and arranged a return and told the girl it had been painted. She told me that they would deduct up to 30% possibly because they can’t sell it as new. I asked to speak to a manager and the best I could get was a we will inspect it when it comes in and see what we can do. I didn’t want my money back just the exchange for the proper part number. I know I should have looked at the number on the box but I’ve never really had a problem with Summit and took for granted they sent me the right one. Am I wrong for being mad about a possible 30 percent hit?

Old 11-06-2017, 06:21 PM

Its 100% their fault for sending the wrong one, you 100% wrong for telling them you painted it! The guy unpacking wouldn't have caught that, now you will have to deal with the cards you are about to be dealt for being truthful.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:52 PM

Yes they sent the wrong part 100%, you shouldn't have told them you painted it and the guy getting it back in returns would have never known it.

Old 11-11-2017, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Be polite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
I have been buying from Summit for over 20 years and will continue to do so but they pissed me off this week for the first time and I am waiting to see if they make it right. I bought an ididit column for my car from them back in September. I called tech support got the proper part number and placed the order. I went to install it last week and started off by priming it and painting it because I bought the bare steel one to paint to match the car. I went to install it and something wasn’t right so I pulled it out and looked at the part number vs the invoice and they had sent me the wrong one. I called and arranged a return and told the girl it had been painted. She told me that they would deduct up to 30% possibly because they can’t sell it as new. I asked to speak to a manager and the best I could get was a we will inspect it when it comes in and see what we can do. I didn’t want my money back just the exchange for the proper part number. I know I should have looked at the number on the box but I’ve never really had a problem with Summit and took for granted they sent me the right one. Am I wrong for being mad about a possible 30 percent hit?

Ask the manager to look at your history...if he doesn't respond favorably ask for his boss.

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 11-26-2017, 09:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They gave me a full refund without me even having to call. Chalk another one up for Summit

Old 12-10-2017, 11:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They made it right they sent me the proper one with no penalty and I didn’t even have to call it just showed up at my door a few days after my return.

Old 12-12-2017, 01:01 PM

I'm with 64speed - tell the truth. I made a similar mistake years ago, which I learned from and never made again. No complaints with Summit on anything. Three years ago, I purchased a set of stock Pontiac rocker arms and all that I received was a cut open box that had a Summit catalog, a sticker, packing slip, and no rocker arms. It seems that somewhere along the shipping line a UPS employee stole them. I called Summit and explained what had happened and they said that another set would go out that day. They air freighted them and I received them the next day. I never gave the UPS thief a second thought (until today) because i understand he/she has paid for or will pay for their stealing ways. Enough said there. Lastly, Summit Racing recently opened a large distribution/retail sales center near my home, about a fifteen minute drive away. It's a very large, adult candy store!

Old 12-13-2017, 09:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You have experienced the advantage of buying from a vendor, multiple times over a period of years. If you were a first time customer, or one who spent little, and returned lots of items, you may not have received the royal treatment. I don't know that for a fact, but many businesses work that way. In the flash of a couple key strokes, they can look at your entire customer history. Then make a decision, how to handle it. I get the same treatment with NAPA, Wrong part, defective part, installed part, no hassle and no problem. Because I am in there every day buying parts.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I buy so much from Summit they should send me a Christmas card.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You did the right thing and so did they. Shame on any other business that does not do the same, regardless of the customer's history with them.

Old 03-09-2018, 10:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have had great luck with Summit A+

Old 07-10-2018, 08:02 PM

I have to admit I got spoiled dealing with summit and get pissed off when other popular vendors give me a hard time - because I expect the same level of service.