THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 01-16-2023, 03:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default What happened to Pontiac Journal (or other subscriptions to help fund the site)?

I didn't find the content in the short-lived Pontiac Journal particularly useful to the projects I had going on at the time, but I gladly subscribed to help support the site.

When I saw b-man's posts this morning, I contributed again because I find the forums useful and often recommend them to people just getting into a Pontiac project.

I'm curious if there's any plan to bring back some sort of subscription or recurring fund drive to help keep things running smoothly around here?

Old 01-16-2023, 04:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've found having access to the online parts database is a useful part of the subscription - I refer to it often.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2023, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzbk2l View Post
I didn't find the content in the short-lived Pontiac Journal particularly useful to the projects I had going on at the time, but I gladly subscribed to help support the site.

When I saw b-man's posts this morning, I contributed again because I find the forums useful and often recommend them to people just getting into a Pontiac project.

I'm curious if there's any plan to bring back some sort of subscription or recurring fund drive to help keep things running smoothly around here?
Mike,

First, really appreciate your support and thank you for the donation. We haven't updated or released a 'Pontiac Journal' in years. Just hard to keep up with with minimal manpower and help.

We just started our request that everyone should see in the Announcements section. That will hopefully help us keep going as is. Our advertising sponsors help a lot too, so if you know anyone looking to get their name out there, have them contact me! Always check them out first before heading elsewhere.

Old 01-16-2023, 05:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
I've found having access to the online parts database is a useful part of the subscription - I refer to it often.
Thanks, Stuart! I just went back in and looked and realized I can still subscribe. When the journals stopped and I stopped getting billed, I thought the entire program had gone away. I'll have to re-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_cspan View Post
Mike,

First, really appreciate your support and thank you for the donation. We haven't updated or released a 'Pontiac Journal' in years. Just hard to keep up with with minimal manpower and help.

We just started our request that everyone should see in the Announcements section. That will hopefully help us keep going as is. Our advertising sponsors help a lot too, so if you know anyone looking to get their name out there, have them contact me! Always check them out first before heading elsewhere.
Will do - thanks for the follow up.

Old 01-17-2023, 03:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Yep, I was sub'ed for parts look up for the years I was restoring my car.