Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2020, 10:20 PM
Senior Chief

Default 72 LeMans Restomod

My LeMans was painted and assembled in 2012. I added fuel injection and different wheels in 2017. I'm thinking its time to move onto another project and let this one go. I've been away from the hobby for quite a while, so I'm not sure what current values are for these cars. To meet forum rules, I'll say I'm asking $40,000. I'll get some current pics posted, but I'd appreciate some feedback on what the market is for this car.

72 Base Lemans. Brazilia Gold base/clear. Only rust on the car was a 2" x 5" patch below the rear window. Only body mods were adding GTO fender extractors. The car was factory AC, but this was removed during the rebuild (I still have all the parts and they can go with the car). Buckets and console were added to the car, we used factory fabrics (seats have cloth inserts like the original seats, not all vinyl), vinyl top was new with the paint work. Rally gages were added, and rebuilt/calibrated during the build. The original dash pad remains with no cracks.

Engine is a stroked 400. Eagle forged crank and rods, Butler/Ross pistons, gapless rings. KRE heads CNC ported by SD Performance (290 cfm version). Hyd roller cam (old faithful, 236/245), RPM intake, sniper injection. Tri-Y headers, 3" oval X-pipe exhaust, Goerlich mufflers, 2-1/2" tails, SS trans am tips. Modified dual snorkel air cleaner. New gas tank with in-tank pump for fuel injection. The engine was broken in on a dyno, and 2 pulls were made with a Q-jet (495 hp).

700-R4 overdrive automatic (Phoenix transmissions) with 2400 rpm lockup converter. Chevy 12 bolt with trutrac limited slip and 3.73 gears.

Front suspension is SPC control arms, global west springs, hellwig sway bar, koni shocks, tall ball joints. Wilwood 12.2" rotors with 6 piston black calipers. Rear suspension is spohn control arms and sway bar (frame mounted sway bar, not to control arms). 11" rear disc brakes with 4 piston wilwood calipers and parking brake. Steering is rebuilt with quick ratio and has no play when driving. All ball joints/tie rods were replaced with new.

Power disc brakes with wilwood master cylinder and electric vacuum pump. Aluminum 2 core radiator anodized black (waterless coolant). 17x7 US Mags rambler wheels in front, 18x8 rear. Nitto tires are used.

This is a pretty unique car, it sits right, the colors are very appealing. The car was finished in 2013 with 49k miles. It now has 52k miles, and this is the original mileage on the car. The car runs and drives very well. The exhaust is loud at certain speeds, but very quiet at cruise RPM. It is a beast when the throttle is mashed, makes all the right sounds. Its a comfortable car to drive, stiffer than the original suspension, but not harsh.

The car is outside Buffalo, NY, zip 14031. Please let me know any thoughts. This forum helped me a bunch when working on this project, so I'm hoping that I'll get some guidance at this point.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3479.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	534400   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3483.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	534401   Click image for larger version