Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks73ta View Post
Yeah, I'm going to build the structure out of the 1X1. In the pics you can see how I cut up the rear footwell floor. This is where I'm now going to be sitting. So I'm going to build a 1X1 structure tied into the original floor edges where they are curved (for strength) and mount the seat bases there.

Mark L
Sure you're not building a "Funny Car"...with two seats..
Carry on !!

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 03-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yup Troy, it's going to be a funny car and a funny driver, heh! Maybe a new class of cars, Goofy Car???

I got the firewall placed cut in and all welded up, just have to fill in around it with sheetmetal.

I have to engineer in the 1X1 tubing to support the brake pedal assembly too. Getting close to Pontiac Heaven, now. Can't get too much more done. Mark L

Old 03-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Seriously, Mark, you're my hero. You're making a great car!

I'd leave the front fenders alone and try to add a full size lightweight front bumper. You're so on track with the fall-of-1963 look ...

Old 03-31-2011, 02:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Matt. Good to see you again. Thanks for the accolades, but it's just me doing my thing. You know me, cut, cut, cut, heh. Something I've wanted to do for a long, long time. Finally doing it and having a ball. Mark L

Old 03-31-2011, 08:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Very nice build. Fabulous craftsmanship... I like it.

Maybe you could weld some finely machined steel bar on the bumper and make some corresponding sleeves to recieve the bars and then you could pin the bumper.

You'd have to remove the bumper, but then you'd not have to cut any of the fenders either. Might be enough room to make it a slider and use the bumper to be a foot of sorts to support front cap when open.

Just adding fuel to the fabrication fire.

Really nice build.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: Pontiac Heaven in the Arizona desert & above the White mountains in the cool country of eastern Az

Quote:
Heh! My new Montra---JOB!!!??? WHO'S GOT TIME FOR A JOB???? ;^) Markus O'Lazious.
I like it! Ditto!

I would cut the fenders, looks better without that front part hanging down., If you cannot decide Mark, why not just cut one side? then you could have both.

Hosting-
23rd annual Pontiac Heaven weekend- Phoenix pending due to covid
Pontiac Heaven Museum in process
Phil 2:11
Old 03-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I knew I could count on you Steve, heh. I'm going to wait until I decide on the final color. If it is to be a dark color (or black) it will be less intrusive???. I have a plan for a paint job. The whole top of the car has an outside fender/body line (top of fender etc) that runs the entire body and makes for a good color break. At that point on the entire length of the car, do gloss black on the roof and tops of the fenders, trunk, hood etc., and flat back down the whole sides. With a red pinstripe at the change point???? Mark L

Old 03-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mark,you live in AZ and would paint a car black? HOT!
Been following your build, very cool. I'm not as ambitious on the mods as you are. Hope to get back to work on my '63 Safari project soon as the weather gets back to normal up here in MA.

Old 03-31-2011, 07:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Agree^^^

Mark O'sweathisassoff either wants to lose weight, get heat stroke, or only plans to come out at night.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Only at night and call it----"The Night Train"---can I hear an AMEN??? Remember I am an Ordained Minister.

Minister Mark
Of the Church of the Lost Pontiac Nation

OK I'm done being stupid----NOT!!

Old 04-01-2011, 03:32 PM

Holy Cow! How did I miss this thread for so long. Mark, you are doing what I want to do with my '63 (in fact, it is the very reason I bought a non-spectacular, clean 389 2bbl car... figured if I was going to go custom there was no point in cutting up a nicer optioned Cat).

I was basically thinking twin turbo in the 800hp range and set up as a pro touring style of car. I will be eagerly watching to see how yours turns out. As I get closer to executing on mine, I may want to contact you with some questions if that's ok.

Good luck! any projection on a complete date?

Old 04-01-2011, 04:46 PM
Suspended

His completion date very much depends on his other personalities.......as soon as he contacts them all he'll let you know

Mark is seriously a great guy though, and has been a good friend to me. I'm very excited to see his car make progress, because when I bought his TA he had this dream of having a big car. I think he needs a new name on here though......like HIS PONTIAC HOLINESS.....or MARKS CAT.....or TURBO MANIAC......or.........

mcduck.......as you make progress on your car please join us over on pro-touring.com forums as well. I'd love to see a full size pontiac pro-touring car!

Old 04-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey McDuck, any time any question. I'll answer to the best of my ability. Don't listen to Aron. Don't we all have little voices in our heads???

On the trailer ready for Pontiac Heaven tomorrow.

Mark L

Old 04-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Where's the snow? I guess I'm just jealous! Lookin' good, have fun, wish I was there.
Rob...

Old 04-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

MisterP come on down and enjoy. (I'll be crying when the needle hits 116 though, heh).

Just a little teaser for future possibilities.

Hilborn pump on a Moon front cover. Mark L

Old 04-01-2011, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You are moving right along Mark !! Nothing wrong with Black but I hate it during July & August around here...Hot,hot..hot..in the staging lanes..Cutting lower fenders and maybe making a roll pan or hanging a Moon take might look cool. Might think about the aero effect as such..Maybe a FG bumper with a wild looking chin spoiler to keep front end down....at speed!! Only reason I mention it is because my car trys to lift off at 134-135...seriously..

Hmmmm...I have relatives in Arizona..

ECM member.
MANDRA

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Troy, time to come avisitin'. I know about the black being a problem but any dark color will do the same. Althouhg my car is originally white, I'm not sure I want that. Mark L

Old 04-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mark, gates open at 06:00!!! Lots to see & do !!!

POCI.org
Old 04-02-2011, 01:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

wish I could be part of it...

Old 04-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Hey Troy, time to come avisitin'. I know about the black being a problem but any dark color will do the same. Althouhg my car is originally white, I'm not sure I want that. Mark L
If it wern't for little thing called chemo I might be tempted to get the H out of here for a while..under house arrest again. But got to do it..Ya know. Item #1.
Main thing on your car is please your self man....it's your creation & hard work. It is always good to get ideas from others...more creation ideas !! Oh yeah...you going to put power windows on...be kind of hard to reach window crank from seats..;-)
I just know you should have a car that will run some low numbers at SPEED. Got to put a little safety in there too. I never thought I would be running the speeds I am now when I built my Hot Rod..who would have thunk it..

FWIW: Going to hang the chin spoiler on my car first..It will be a big version of Kinsler's car..

Enjoy the show !!!!

ECM member.
MANDRA