Old 11-21-2018, 10:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to runuts99
Default Paul Burk Pontiac

Hello Justin,

Paul Burk Pontiac was located at 800 Commercial street in Waterloo. It is now Dans Overhead door company. Burk Pontiac was there from 1972-1977 I believe. I know a guy in town whos dad bought the last trans am that Burk sold and I think it was a brown 77. I was in junior high when my dad and myself went down to the dealership to check out th 77 Can Am in the showroom...too bad dad didn't buy it.

The dealer emblem was pretty simple black and white plastic. Don't see very many.

A few years ago the overhead door company stripped the paint off the building and you could see the old pontiac markings, I will try to send you the pics. I wish I would have took some of the front of the building where the showroom was but it didn't have any pontiac markings. I do remember the large arrow crest sign the said Burk Pontiac on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	498454   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	498455   Click image for larger version

Name:	007.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	498456  

Old 11-21-2018, 11:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by runuts99 View Post
Hello Justin,

Paul Burk Pontiac was located at 800 Commercial street in Waterloo. It is now Dans Overhead door company. Burk Pontiac was there from 1972-1977 I believe. I know a guy in town whos dad bought the last trans am that Burk sold and I think it was a brown 77. I was in junior high when my dad and myself went down to the dealership to check out th 77 Can Am in the showroom...too bad dad didn't buy it.

The dealer emblem was pretty simple black and white plastic. Don't see very many.

A few years ago the overhead door company stripped the paint off the building and you could see the old pontiac markings, I will try to send you the pics. I wish I would have took some of the front of the building where the showroom was but it didn't have any pontiac markings. I do remember the large arrow crest sign the said Burk Pontiac on it.
Thanks!

I am hoping to come across some dealer photos or a newspaper advertisement or something from that time period just to put in my folder with info about the car. I know there is almost 0 chance, but if I could find a photo when my Formula was at the dealer I would absolutely lose my mind.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:56 PM

I understand....73 Formula is a very nice car, what color is it? 400 stick car? All original?

I do know waterloo public library has the Waterloo Courier newspaper on microfiche. You could look in the 1973 year and might run across the sales ad in the newspaper and have a copy made...longshot. I don't know any mechanics or body guys that worked at Burk. Pontiac. Ed Sanger was a mechanic at Feldman Pontiac he was a legend in stock car racing in Iowa.

Old 11-22-2018, 01:25 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
I understand....73 Formula is a very nice car, what color is it? 400 stick car? All original?

I do know waterloo public library has the Waterloo Courier newspaper on microfiche. You could look in the 1973 year and might run across the sales ad in the newspaper and have a copy made...longshot. I don't know any mechanics or body guys that worked at Burk. Pontiac. Ed Sanger was a mechanic at Feldman Pontiac he was a legend in stock car racing in Iowa.
Silver/Black interior, 400/Auto, ram air cleaner option, unitized ignition, console mounted 8 track. Haven't checked the trans or rearend yet. But, the engine is correct top to bottom. As near as I can tell, the only non-maintenance parts that weren't on the car when it was built are the wiper motor and the fuel tank.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2753.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	498465  

Old 11-22-2018, 11:36 AM

Very cool! And the chevy truck isn't too bad also. I had a friend that had a silver formula when I was in the military back in the 80s. When I was in high school I remember a kid that had a 70 trans am with the ram air iv motor. The kid put N50 tires on it and destroyed the quarter panels. The car got cut in half and parted out....what a shame. If a guy only knew....

The formulas are cool cars, you have a good combination of options.

Old 11-22-2018, 07:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Very cool! And the chevy truck isn't too bad also. I had a friend that had a silver formula when I was in the military back in the 80s. When I was in high school I remember a kid that had a 70 trans am with the ram air iv motor. The kid put N50 tires on it and destroyed the quarter panels. The car got cut in half and parted out....what a shame. If a guy only knew....

The formulas are cool cars, you have a good combination of options.
Thanks!

The truck is pretty well optioned also(the only reason I bought it). It is all original, 90k, 402/Auto, air, tilt, auxiliary fuel tank, camper package(HD leaf spring rear instead of coils), highlander interior.