Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-29-2019, 07:25 PM
gtorich gtorich is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: oshkosh, Wi
Posts: 1,218
Default Ames/Parts Place Engineering

This is just great, after complaining about the brake backing plates from the parts place, now I get this from you...……...maybe it would be easier to add to the catalog where you get this trash from...…...yeah, I know its a feel good deal for the parts place to hire blind Chinese workers...…….I cant believe your using this stuff on your own cars.

So now my options are eat the cost, not the first time from ames, or put this trash on the car and redo it in about 500 miles or when ever it falls off.

Sorry for the rant, but this parts place trash needs to be listed in the catalog.

Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ames center link.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	515054  

  #2  
Old 06-29-2019, 07:41 PM
gtorich gtorich is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: oshkosh, Wi
Posts: 1,218
Default

Gotta admit to your credit, you did post it.

Thanks for that.

Rich

  #3  
Old 06-30-2019, 06:22 AM
Jim Zeek's Avatar
Jim Zeek Jim Zeek is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Forest Grove, PA. USA
Posts: 1,402
Default

buy NOS parts then

__________________
2007 Norwalk Quick 16 Winner 8.960 @152.24 8.96 dial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HY_nJR9Aa0&NR=1
  #4  
Old 06-30-2019, 07:56 AM
64speed's Avatar
64speed 64speed is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Westminster S.C.
Posts: 3,954
Default

It is kinda ****ty to just rebox parts from a company they know that almost ALL of us have had problems with. Too lazy to even pull off the sticker

__________________
1964 Tempest Custom
Original 326 Auto with power steering, brake, and dealer installed non working AC.
Built a custom roller cammed 467 all forged internals. TKO 600 trans with Ford 9 inch from Quick Performance with 3.70 geared aluminum thru bolt center section with billet pinion support with an Eaton tru trac. Plans are for car to be Silver Mist Gray with Dark Blue Interior. Keeping bench seat and adding air conditioning.
  #5  
Old 06-30-2019, 03:18 PM
242177P's Avatar
242177P 242177P is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
It is kinda ****ty to just rebox parts from a company they know that almost ALL of us have had problems with. Too lazy to even pull off the sticker
I wouldn't say they're being lazy. If anything, they're being honest about it's origin. You wouldn't complain if the part was made by MSD, Edelbrock, etc. The problem here (as I see it) is that they should have done that upfront in the catalog, and that's only because The Parts Place has such a spotty reputation.

  #6  
Old 06-30-2019, 08:36 PM
gtorich gtorich is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: oshkosh, Wi
Posts: 1,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242177P View Post
I wouldn't say they're being lazy. If anything, they're being honest about it's origin. You wouldn't complain if the part was made by MSD, Edelbrock, etc. The problem here (as I see it) is that they should have done that upfront in the catalog, and that's only because The Parts Place has such a spotty reputation.
I got a reply from "Bart" in the lobby section, have to agree with him on most stuff he posted...…….I always buy from ames because of the forum and willing to pay extra for quality stuff...……..I will still buy from ames first, but will ask where these parts are coming from.

Rich

  #7  
Old 07-01-2019, 09:18 AM
AMES-TECH's Avatar
AMES-TECH AMES-TECH is offline
Ames Tech Staff member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Ames Performance Engineering Spofford,NH
Posts: 265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtorich View Post
This is just great, after complaining about the brake backing plates from the parts place, now I get this from you...……...maybe it would be easier to add to the catalog where you get this trash from...…...yeah, I know its a feel good deal for the parts place to hire blind Chinese workers...…….I cant believe your using this stuff on your own cars.

So now my options are eat the cost, not the first time from ames, or put this trash on the car and redo it in about 500 miles or when ever it falls off.

Sorry for the rant, but this parts place trash needs to be listed in the catalog.

Rich
Hi Rich, The Parts Place is a manufacturer, the same as any other source we purchase from. I understand they have had a spotty reputation in the past with quality, but this has drastically changed in recent years. We do our best to avoid carrying any product that does not meet quality standards; especially suspension items. You will see many notes in our catalog regarding quality. If a note is regarding poor quality, it is the only piece available and we want to make you aware. We have had this center link for years, with only good feedback. Please don't judge every single piece with their name attached, by your past experiences. If this center link was truly a piece of garbage, it would not be on our shelves. In the future, we would greatly appreciate a phone call, email, or PM before starting a thread like this. We are always here to help and answer any questions you might have. Thanks!

__________________
[/SIGPIC]
  #8  
Old 07-01-2019, 10:40 AM
gtorich gtorich is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: oshkosh, Wi
Posts: 1,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMES-TECH View Post
Hi Rich, The Parts Place is a manufacturer, the same as any other source we purchase from. I understand they have had a spotty reputation in the past with quality, but this has drastically changed in recent years. We do our best to avoid carrying any product that does not meet quality standards; especially suspension items. You will see many notes in our catalog regarding quality. If a note is regarding poor quality, it is the only piece available and we want to make you aware. We have had this center link for years, with only good feedback. Please don't judge every single piece with their name attached, by your past experiences. If this center link was truly a piece of garbage, it would not be on our shelves. In the future, we would greatly appreciate a phone call, email, or PM before starting a thread like this. We are always here to help and answer any questions you might have. Thanks!
Thanks for the explanation , lets just say bad mood that day, should have thought it out better before I posted...……...wont happen again.

Thanks

Rich

  #9  
Old 07-01-2019, 03:20 PM
Chief of the 60's's Avatar
Chief of the 60's Chief of the 60's is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: On the Rez
Posts: 2,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64speed View Post
It is kinda ****ty to just rebox parts from a company they know that almost ALL of us have had problems with. Too lazy to even pull off the sticker
And you think everything that comes in a GM box is made by GM? Today, you are lucky if any of it is.

Some of you people need to get your head out of your ass and get real. You want "cheap", this is what you get and it does not make a difference where it comes from or who's box it is in. Even Ford, GM and Chrysler have a secondary line for "shoppers". Sure, it comes in their big name box, but its their cheap line for cheap people. Are you going to piss & moan to them?

You get what you pay for. You want good at any cost? Like someone already mentioned, buy NOS. You want to shop price? Then don't bitch about what shows up at your door.

A well known parts repop maker/supplier once told me as he was answering a call from Japan, "Hey, if I had these things made here no one would buy them due to cost".

__________________
A healthy dose of reality never killed anybody. But if it hurts your feelings, perhaps knitting is your fortι.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Champ View Post
I rarely agree with Chief on anything but...........
  #10  
Old 07-02-2019, 12:42 AM
64speed's Avatar
64speed 64speed is offline
Ultimate Warrior
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Westminster S.C.
Posts: 3,954
Default

I guess lazy was the wrong word. It should be noted in the footer on important parts if it’s not an Ames original. I have had hit or miss luck with quality of the parts place stuff but the real pisser is customer service. At least buying parts place stuff from Ames you know they will take it back. My buyer beware above the parts place though is inline tube! Unless it’s just the absolute last resort I will not buy from them or any of the other million names they use on eBay because they have soiled themselves

__________________
1964 Tempest Custom
Original 326 Auto with power steering, brake, and dealer installed non working AC.
Built a custom roller cammed 467 all forged internals. TKO 600 trans with Ford 9 inch from Quick Performance with 3.70 geared aluminum thru bolt center section with billet pinion support with an Eaton tru trac. Plans are for car to be Silver Mist Gray with Dark Blue Interior. Keeping bench seat and adding air conditioning.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 PM.

 

About Us

The PY Online Forums is the largest online gathering of Pontiac enthusiasts anywhere in the world. Founded in 1991, it was also the first online forum for people to gather and talk about their Pontiacs. Since then, it has become the mecca of Pontiac technical data and knowledge that no other place can surpass.

 

Cold Case Radiators

Cold Case Radiators is a Max Performance company that produces high end aluminum performance radiators at a price point that won't break the bank. Polished and stamped tanks. 2 rows of 1" tubes. Lifetime Warranty.

GTOG8TA.com

GTOG8TA.com is a Max Performance company that manufacturers parts for the 04-06 GTO, 08-09 G8, and 93-02 Firebird/Trans Am platforms.

Copyright © 2017