Old 04-27-2020, 12:02 PM

Default What is so unique about 66/67 Post Coupe for power windows

Greetings!!
I have always struggled to understand what it is in design that makes power windows for a 66/67 (and maybe more) post coupe/sedan models so different that they require (when they can be located) a unique setup, as well as the fact that no aftermarket companies want to market them. Of course, meaning that any "universal" setup is not what I would be interested in. I'm on the forum pretty regularly and can't remember if I have ever have seen any advertised. Thoughts?? Comments?? I would appreciate it, thanks!!

Chemnick

Old 04-27-2020, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would think it's because the rear quarter window guts are completely different than the hardtops. I would think the fronts are at least similar. My post has manual windows and I haven't seen one with power windows.

Old 04-27-2020, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's true. And FWIW, the front regulators are identical. I have front and rear regulators from both body styles.

Old 04-28-2020, 01:18 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I've always struggled to understand why they designed/built hardtops AND post coupes...