Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Senior Chief

Default good n bad

Up here UPS hits us hard for fees but on the good side i have two drivers that own pontiacs 1 is a 74 GTO and the other is a 78 TA 4 speed .
Both drives like to visit the garage if i'm home . I sold the TA guy some heads for his car and he delivered my KRE heads and i had a hard getting them off his truck lol . mike.

Old 01-14-2007, 02:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The Heating and Cooling shop I work at is a UPS drop off and pick up! :D Which is very convenient for trading poncho parts! The only trouble I have had is with the body trim for my tempest they sheard in half the trim was in a fiberglass tube and they still sheard the package in half as in 2 pieces. I cried........real tears:p

"Don't let fatigue make a coward of you."
Old 01-14-2007, 03:01 PM

i've not had a problem with ups.

fed x on the other hand has a problem finding the place it seems.

mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 01-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I created a shipment on line, (sent a pair of heads to Butler) the shipping quote was $60. Heads were picked up at my door & arrived in 2 days, Now they are charging me another $16. WTH ?

Old 01-24-2007, 01:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They just messed up a nice 64 4 speed console I bought, less then 300 hundred miles away. It was well packed but somehow they managed to bend the passenger side front corner by the screw hole, made a $1000 console worth about $600 or so. They did pay the claim, but I always use Fedex and have not had a problem but I also pack items really well.

Old 01-24-2007, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have only had one problem with UPS out of hundreds of items i have had shipped and shipped myself. Got a guitar and the box had a big gouge in it that went through and scratched the case filed a claim and UPS paid for a new case that was better than the one that got damaged.

1931 Pontiac 5 window coupe OHC6 powered
2015 GMC Yukon SLT
Old 01-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had any number of shredded shipments delivered to me by ups. One box had parts literally falling out of the large hole in the box but it was delivered anyway. On that one Jegs wanted a call tag to return the box. I called UPS several times for one but they would never bring it. I finally stopped the UPS guy as he made his rounds (he was a car guy and had stopped to shoot the crap with me a few times) and he finagled the system to make the shipment be returned.

I've had much better luck with fedex ground, and it's cheaper too. I'll never use UPS again if I can help it.

Old 01-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by old goat racer
I created a shipment on line, (sent a pair of heads to Butler) the shipping quote was $60. Heads were picked up at my door & arrived in 2 days, Now they are charging me another $16. WTH ?

Just got a letter of explanation. I put the heads in plywood boxes, screwed together, with handles cut out in each end. I figured the heads would be safer & easier to handle. Their reason for the extra charge, "Not encased in cardboard."

Old 01-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

my ups service rocks. if i'm not at the business, john (the driver) will bring it to the house and vice versa (they're on different roads) if it's a drop ship, he puts it on the back porch out of view. same with the other drivers that occasionally replace him on the route. Fed-ex on the other hand is the absolute worst. they drive by my business when it's closed in the winter (to the public, but my truck and i are there at the front building) and then give it the old "refused delivery". a good customer missed out on giving his grandson his new clubs for christmas last year because of those idiots. and to add, ups has never delivered a damaged item to me, fedex on the other hand, ran over a $600 custom driver with a forklift. nice set of tracks on the box. the claim process took about 4 months, even though i initiated it as the recipient and indicated that it would be paid out to me, they turned it around bass-ackwards and credited back the shipper without informing me and i had to then go through yet another claim process with my shipper.

Last edited by x-bird2; 01-31-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 12:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I live at the end of a dirt road a mile long. Our regular UPS guy is great and will always leave the packages if we're not home. He also tosses the dogs some treats and keeps up on the car projects. But all hell breaks loose when he goes on vacation - to the point where we and our neighbors now keep track of his vacations and don't order anything that has to be delivered while he is gone. Fedex can never find our house and has sent packages back to the sender as non-deliverable due to a wrong address. At best, it takes another three or four days until I drive down and pick the package up at their local distribution center. The Post Office leaves a note in our remote mail box stating that the package can be picked up at the local post office which is 8 miles away. So, UPS is our carrier of choice except for vacation times.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:08 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to Zipbar
Default UPS still sucks

Emergency condition beyond UPS control B/S its sunny weather its california

Old 04-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Ken -Ace- Brewer

WE had it with UPS long ago!! To many damaged goods!! Then we went with Fed Ex. Our driver got shot 4 times and was in the hospital. Now I am not sympathetic to what happened to him. But because he gets shot we get NO SERVICE!!! What the heck is that!!! And we pay for daily pick up! We had almost 20 packages sitting waiting for 3 days!!! There are even more problems with Fed Ex!! It would take me to many paragraphs to list. Aparently the drivers in Fed Ex OWN there trucks. So he got shot and I got screwed!! Kinda sad.
So now we use DHL and everything is great! Nice people, cheaper prices for cutomers, and everything actualy gets there faster! So I am VERY happy with DHL!

Be Cool,
Ace

Old 04-29-2007, 02:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to gto fast pontiac

well personally i don't like ups but that may be that i work at fedex so i get a discount, also i've had alot of problems with ups and damaged packages

Thank you "The pontiac man" for the engine
Old 04-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I refuse to use UPS unless I have no other option. When I ship, I use DHL.

Several years ago, I had a few days off and was at home working around the house. I had bought a fairly heavy item (a head or intake, forgot which) and it was being shipped. I heard the door bell ring when I was upstairs. I looked out and saw a UPS truck in the driveway. From the bathroom, I could see the landing where the guy was standing. He had placed the package on top of the railing around the landing.

As I was getting ready to open the window to tell him I would be down in a sec, I saw him push down on one corner of the package and let it free fall onto the landing. Well, one side of the landing is lag bolted into the side of the house. It sounded like somebody had run into the house.

I got the window open, and started cursing him. I got on the phone and tried to file a complaint with somebody, which was a wasted effort. They were only interested in how well it was packed and if it was damaged. I asked if it was accepted procedure to let a package make a 3 1/2 foot freefall like that.

Luckily the item survived, but I will never use UPS again. They have absolutely no respect for the items they're handling for their customers.

Mike

Old 04-30-2007, 08:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to 3 Deuce 64

I try to use the USPS for everything I can .

Old 04-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to Zipbar
Default Lost pontiac headers ?

http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/track Where are they???????