Old 02-18-2001, 12:58 PM
Senior Chief

I like this idea. Putting a 400 Poncho in 87 Camaro. (may want to leave the hood down at track so as not to start trouble with the Chevy dudes). Have no idea what problems will arise, biggest concern now is the headers. Will be a while yet because taking longer then expected to build the engine...$
Not wanting much out of it. Just the fastest car in town...hehe. If anyone has done this hybrid before let me know what to expect for proper fit?

Old 02-18-2001, 12:58 PM
Senior Chief

I like this idea. Putting a 400 Poncho in 87 Camaro. (may want to leave the hood down at track so as not to start trouble with the Chevy dudes). Have no idea what problems will arise, biggest concern now is the headers. Will be a while yet because taking longer then expected to build the engine...$
Not wanting much out of it. Just the fastest car in town...hehe. If anyone has done this hybrid before let me know what to expect for proper fit?

Old 02-18-2001, 05:01 PM

Bob, have you figured out how you are going to deal with the e-check and licensing issues yet?

As far as the exhaust goes, you may want to consider the RAIII Gen II F body/A body manifolds, or the other route is to build custom headers. There are a variety of places which can help you with the custom route, one (not cheap) is Headers by Ed. He has a website by the same name... Any other header combination would be just trial and error.

Let me know when you get it done, and Rob & I will meet you in Dayton.

Good luck,

sounds like it will be a great poetic justice ride...

Poncho Powered!!! Way cool

Burn ch*vy fans Burn...

K.

Old 02-18-2001, 10:31 PM
Senior Chief

What E-checks??To the best of my knowledge there are no E-checks in central Ohio.In Cleveland Maybe, Columbus no.I have three T/As with455s& buy tags each year without any check kind of check.This was always a threat,I know some areas have to deal with this B.S.
Butler sells a kit for this swap David Butler had a 3 rd.gen bird with a 462 that was a 9 sec. street car.If nothing else give him a call & he can tell you what parts you will need.
Later Mark B.

[This message has been edited by Cruiser (edited 02-18-2001).]

Old 02-19-2001, 11:51 AM
Senior Chief

thanks for the info, will look up Ed and Butler for help with this project. And yes we have the dreaded E-check here in Greene Co. Looking in to collector plates, it's possible to get these even for a car that isnt listed as a collector by proving sizable investment and limited driving use. Intending on making it look like a show car when done anyway. That would exempt it from E-check. (or "give" the car to my father in southern Ohio).
Bob

Old 02-19-2001, 12:54 PM

Hey Mark,
I know that central Ohio does not have e-check (I hope it stays that way), but as Bob says, Green and Montgomery counties (among others) do, and Bob is in that area...

I forgot about David Butler... That is great info.

Again, Good luck Bob & keep us posted on progress...

K.

Old 02-19-2001, 01:23 PM
Senior Chief

does David Butler have a web site? need to know how to get in touch with him.
Thanks
bob

Old 02-19-2001, 03:22 PM

Bob,

David is Jim Butler's son (I think, or other family member). Jim Butlers web site is:

<A HREF="http://www.jbp-pontiac.com" TARGET=_blank>Jim Butler
Performance</A>

Take it easy.

K.

Old 02-20-2001, 02:48 PM
Senior Chief

OK! Called Jim Butler and was reffered to Dick Duclow at Indian Adventures. They are in the process of designing a kit for this swap which will have motor mounts and headers. Will be available early June. It's all coming together guys!
Thanx
bob