Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Old 06-12-2000, 09:48 AM

In my 97 Speedway catalog they list motor mounts for installing a chevy motor in a 64-71 Pontiac, Olds, or Buick. The price was $49. When I called on it, they were out of stock and the manufacturer is out of business. Does anyone have a set of these, or at least documentation that might help me fabricate a pair?

If you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.
Old 06-12-2000, 09:48 AM

In my 97 Speedway catalog they list motor mounts for installing a chevy motor in a 64-71 Pontiac, Olds, or Buick. The price was $49. When I called on it, they were out of stock and the manufacturer is out of business. Does anyone have a set of these, or at least documentation that might help me fabricate a pair?

Old 07-24-2000, 04:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

as far as I know all you need is stock chev.frame mounts & bolt them on in place of your mounts.You should be able to find them at any parts store for under 50$

Old 07-24-2000, 11:01 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

Richard,
Go to your favorite Junkyard. The one with old cars. Find a 64-72 A-body. Remove the frame mounts for the combo you want to change to. IE.. Chevy-chevy mounts,Buick ect.. All of GM frames have the mounting holes for the brackets for GM engines. You might get them to remove them for you for less than 50 bucks. good luck!

Old 07-25-2000, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Richard, if you need some Chevy frame brackets, let me know as I have a big big stack of nearly stripped '64-72 A-body frames going to the late model circlejerk factory... Frame brackets are coming off & will be cheap. Later.

Old 09-12-2000, 03:20 AM

Thanks, guys, for posting responses to my June question about the chevy motor mounts. I've been offline for the last 6 weeks and didn't pick up the responses until just now. It sounds like the 64-71 A-bodies were quite a different animal than my 61's. I was hoping there would be enough similarity that I could use the 64 motor mounts. I ended up scrounging a set of frame mounts from a 62 chevy and then chopping them up to fit my cross member because the Chevy frame was quite a bit different. I know it's hard for some of you to stomach, but I've got a strong urge to put a Merlin crate engine in my Bonnie Bubbletop. I know it's heresy so as an act of contrition, I am planning to put a 455 in the ragtop.

BTW, does anyone have any info to pass on about how to go about pro-streeting the 61 bubbletop?