Old 06-26-2016, 01:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default rear upper body panel

One or more of you have the answer to this one.

last weekend I was at Pypes show and the question came up about the upper body panel on a 65 vert. this is the panel below the top window between the 1/4's. the h/t and post cars the seam at the 1/4's is showing or unfinished.There was a strong contingency there that said the seam was filled or not showing. several 65's there did not have the seam .

whats factory??

buy the way show was Well attended . good cars there.

Old 06-26-2016, 02:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Don. What's up??
I believe the 64 and 65 conv. are the same and seam should be lead filled. The hard top and coupe should not be filled. That actually came up at a GTOAA show last year or the year before... "Bill"!

Old 06-26-2016, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill ryder View Post
Hey Don. What's up??
I believe the 64 and 65 conv. are the same and seam should be lead filled. The hard top and coupe should not be filled. That actually came up at a GTOAA show last year or the year before... "Bill"!
This is what I've always seen on these cars.

Converts have the seams filled with lead at the factory, usually the lead filler is cracking a little too.

Post and hardtop cars never had those seams filled.

I have a '64 Tempest post coupe still in the factory original white paint and the seams are as they should be, not filled.

Old 06-27-2016, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

hi. Bill thanks for info.

the 66 cars we looked at had the seams showing. on the vert. cars. this is where I was confused on issue. one guy at show said seam was brazed. I know that's wrong just because of time. I agree about the lead. funny that 66 up had the seam showing.

thank b man also.