Non Pontiac Motors in Pontiacs includes factory 403,305,350 Chevy, Buick V6,
Also Pontiac Motors in non-Pontiacs!

Old 09-12-2000, 03:40 PM

The S&K Performance Clinic has put together a complete engine swap package of headers, motor mounts,mounting plates,clutch for,and misc. small parts with a complete set of illustrated instructions.This swap can be done using mostly stock GM parts
Pontiac engines have prbably seen better days.This is why so many Pontiacs are running around with Chevy big blocks.
when you get down to it,the Pontiac does not have the breathing capacty of a Chevy.
The Pontiac engine has been hurt by the GM anti-performance ban while Chevy has been able to circumvent the edict.
Does anyone have an idea what book this came out of??The answer will not surprise you!!!

Old 09-12-2000, 03:40 PM

The S&K Performance Clinic has put together a complete engine swap package of headers, motor mounts,mounting plates,clutch for,and misc. small parts with a complete set of illustrated instructions.This swap can be done using mostly stock GM parts
Pontiac engines have prbably seen better days.This is why so many Pontiacs are running around with Chevy big blocks.
when you get down to it,the Pontiac does not have the breathing capacty of a Chevy.
The Pontiac engine has been hurt by the GM anti-performance ban while Chevy has been able to circumvent the edict.
Does anyone have an idea what book this came out of??The answer will not surprise you!!!

Old 09-12-2000, 03:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

Yes Andy.... And they were talking about the early 60's... Take it over to www.chevelles.com [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif[/img]

Old 09-28-2000, 02:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

And another Cheby/Ferd is better, faster deal!!!!! I took the 427 Chevy out of my 65 Tubbed GTo when I bought it and put in a "PONTIAC". Later.

Old 09-28-2000, 07:01 PM

this came out of a book called the Chevy Bible,printed in 1974.
they did a swap on a 67,and tore the fenderwells up putting the headers on.
this kit did include a ls5 454 and all hardware for $850!!!

Old 09-29-2000, 12:32 AM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

Andy,
Years ago I once worshiped with such a bible!
It was such a fad! Then I saw the light! There was another God! Pontiac was his name!
I then burned such books of blasemy and false
preachings. The practices of butchery and defacing disturbed many. Soon others saw the light and also burned such books and began to worship the Big Chief.

P.S. How much would that be in todays dollars?

[This message has been edited by Blackcat (edited 09-29-2000).]

Old 09-29-2000, 02:15 PM

amen,blackcat!!

in today's money,i would say it would probably cost around $6500 to do this swap,with a 450 horse 454 crate motor.
then you would have more money in the kit than the car is worth.
hey,that's already being done with pontiac motors!!!

hahahahahahahaha!!