THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-08-2020, 08:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Fastenal 3PL Shipping Suspended until further Notice

Just to let others know about this. Just found out after crating something up..

They have suspended this service until further notice.

See their website

www.fastenal.com

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Serious Inquiries Only - Shipping Isn't Free.
Old 05-09-2020, 07:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeap, have a 4L80 hard-parts boxed and waiting until Fastenal, or B-Line, or some other popular trucking outfit decide they will take stuff.

I'm amazed they have to decline Shipping, wrecks their Business Model huh.

Old 05-09-2020, 07:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Got a trans going to PA from here in AL. Trying to find another way to get it there for reasonable amount.
Talladega AL to Seneca PA.

Anyone that can help please contact me.
thepontiacman@yahoo.com

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

USPS Money Orders or Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart money gram wire transfer -preferred payments.

If Payment doesn't show up in 3-4 days, I move on to the next person that wants it.

Old 05-09-2020, 09:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

https://www.fastenal.com/en/4590/3pl...arty-logistics

Effective immediately, all Blue Lane Freight Services to and from Public Stores and Distribution Centers have been suspended until further notice.
All Blue Lane Freight Services to and from Public Stores and Distribution Centers have been suspended until further notice.
Fastenal Stores will no longer be able to accept new shipments. No new freight quotes to and from Public Stores and Distribution Centers will be issued at this time.

Something else about Fastenal that was pointed out recently on another board - they're always selling off their delivery trucks, usually with low miles and at pretty reasonable prices. They mainly have Ram 4x2, both in regular and quad cab, if you're looking for one: https://vehicles.fastenal.com

Old 05-09-2020, 11:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Fastenal sure is a strange operation...

Still have my 1st Firebird
7th Firebird
57 Starchief
Old 05-09-2020, 11:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That sucks! Fastenal was really close by & I have a loaded pallet that needs to be shipped
My prev go to, Forward Air, is higher cost, a considerable drive, & with construction go into Will Rogers, a real PITA to navigate.

Usually get on Fastenal website every week. Just checked & scored three 18" wide flip top blue steel hardware cases for $82 including shipping! Two weeks ago, Fastenal was $42-44 a piece on these exact same cases. Fastenal also lowered the price substantially on the cabinets these cases fit it. At a recent auction I picked up another one of their blue cabinets & our big local chain hardware/tool store was $60 a piece for their version of the steel hardware cases.

Old 05-19-2020, 12:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I talked to Fastenal today.

I told them they could ship without contact by having things dropped off without human contact and handling pickup the same way. payment could be online or over the phone.
Just back up and they unload or load.
They said they were trying to figure out a safe way to continue service but we're trying to protect their workers at this time.
Hopefully they will figure something out soon.

Old 06-17-2020, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Fastenal is back up as of yesterday. There are some restricted areas, so you will have to find out where they can pick up and deliver to.
Go to website and if that doesn't work call them.

Hopefully this can help many get their parts shipped.

Old 06-17-2020, 08:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for the heads up. Last week was no shipping.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dropping off crate tomorrow.

Just talked to them today.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Can ship parts that require freight through Fastenal. They have Very Reasonable prices. $127.+ change to ship trans from AL to PA.
Requires enclosed crating to insure parts.

Let me know if you need something.

thepontiacman@yahoo.com

Old 06-23-2020, 02:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How would feasible is it to ship an uncrated, stripped, Endura bumper via Fastenal?

I assume I get an estimate by filling out their shipping form on the website and waiting for a reply?

Thanks

Old 06-23-2020, 03:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you want it insured, you have to enclose in a crate.
Call and ask .

Old 06-24-2020, 05:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Filled out their online form .... we'll see what they say for shipping from Upstate NY to Memphis TN .... closest I could get it to Memphis is about an hour away because some of their stores are doing the virus thing.

It's one of those deals where my ad for the bumper said local pickup only ... but someone really seems to want it, so I'll see what I can do. Usually they swear they want it shipped, then when I get a quote they don't want it shipped and I wasted 30 minutes of my life

Old 07-12-2020, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well the transmission finally got to PA.
Not sure what the problem was.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I finally got a quote from Fastenal .... $280 .... sent the bumper via UPS for $80.

Old 07-12-2020, 11:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
I finally got a quote from Fastenal .... $280 .... sent the bumper via UPS for $80.
One is a freight quote on a pallet for LTL . You could put 200 more lbs on the pallet and price wouldn't change much.
The other is oversize & overweight due to size but
Ground parcel shipping.
If UPS Decides the bumper is bigger or they calculate the rate again, could be money owed at the other end. Have seen that happen.

Old 07-13-2020, 12:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a UPS account and typically don't see many problems like that. I'm pretty thorough about using the proper measurements and weights. When I bring something into the store already labeled up and just drop it off they seem to accept just about anything.

The bumper was 6" under the "oversize" limit of 130". Formula was length + (2x width) + (2x height). At the time there was a 20% discount, so would have been a bit over $100 otherwise.

BTW, for anyone else shipping an Endura UPS, I just wrapped the sharp areas of the brackets around the bumper with heavy cardboard, taped them up with high strength packing tape and slapped on a label. A stripped Endura is only about 46 lbs so it's not that bad to move around.

Customer got it in about 3 business days, NY to TN. Got it on Sat., sent me pictures of it installed on Sunday .... wish I had that kind of energy

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Endura-packed.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	544890  

Last edited by dataway; 07-13-2020 at 01:07 AM.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I use Fastenal for shipping things that can't be shipped UPS/ USPS.
Usually items that would require freight. That is where i have seen savings on shipping.
Crating is required for insurance on the stated value .

Old 12-13-2020, 09:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Looks like Fastenal closed their Talladega AL location