Old 04-04-2001, 11:04 PM

I'm looking for a Ventura (73-74) or 74 GTO body. Engine + trans are not important. E-mail me if you have one with good or usable sheetmetal. Thanks!
later
Mike
boneheadzz@yahoo.com

Old 04-04-2001, 11:04 PM

I'm looking for a Ventura (73-74) or 74 GTO body. Engine + trans are not important. E-mail me if you have one with good or usable sheetmetal. Thanks!
later
Mike
boneheadzz@yahoo.com

Old 04-05-2001, 02:02 AM
Senior Chief

Mike,

If you get down to the Indy area much I know where a 74 GTO is sitting. A Couple of years ago my father-in-law did not have any luck in getting the guy to sell though. The guy has had it since 75. If you are in the area I can give you directions and let you try and talk him into selling. Again, only a couple of years ago he would not sell.

Good luck
Scott

------------------
Please remember that clones are people two.

Old 04-05-2001, 05:50 PM

HEy Scott-
I don't get down to Indy too much since it a 3 hour drive from here (near Gary/Chicago) but if the car was in good enough shape and the price was reasonable enough, it might be worth the drive. But if he was stubborn then, he might be worse now.
I dealt with a guy once about buying a junk 74 Nova SS. It had many parts that would transfer over to my old 74 Ventura such as the rear bumper and the factory console guages and tach, but he just wouldn't sell. This car was sooooo rusted out that the door handles were pulling out of the door! He called me two years later because the city tagged the car but wanted 200 bucks (and to keep the motor/trans). Of course I was strapped for cash being just married and expecting my son, so I had to pass.
But hey, thanks for the post. If you get word it's for sale, e-mail me.
later
Mike