Old 02-15-2001, 05:18 PM

Can anybody tell me if the shroud PY offers for 67-69 Firebirds (#RFE01) will fit the Ventura with a Pontiac V-8?
This might sound like blasphemy, but I have my 400 Pontiac in a '72 Nova. The Pontiac is installed farther to the right than the sbc, though, and so I'm using a dinky flex fan in the original Nova shroud. I found a top radiator support and a hacked-up shroud from a junkyard Ventura. The shroud would be a pain to fix, but it looks like the Firebird shroud in the PY catalog.

Old 02-15-2001, 05:18 PM

Can anybody tell me if the shroud PY offers for 67-69 Firebirds (#RFE01) will fit the Ventura with a Pontiac V-8?
This might sound like blasphemy, but I have my 400 Pontiac in a '72 Nova. The Pontiac is installed farther to the right than the sbc, though, and so I'm using a dinky flex fan in the original Nova shroud. I found a top radiator support and a hacked-up shroud from a junkyard Ventura. The shroud would be a pain to fix, but it looks like the Firebird shroud in the PY catalog.

Old 02-16-2001, 04:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bill, the '67-'69 Firebird shroud mounted by one bolt in the center, at the top. Pontiac V-8ed Venturas shroud mounted with two bolts from the engine side, near the top. Did you call up your local GM parts dept. and see if PN 492355 was still available? Also, are you using Pontiac frame mounts? Mike.
I called on 492355 shroud, it was discontinued in 1982. Sorry.
[This message has been edited by Held for Ransom (edited 02-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Held for Ransom (edited 02-16-2001).]

Old 02-16-2001, 01:52 PM

Held For Ransom,

The motor mounts are homemade--strap iron pedestals welded to the frame that hold a pice of pipe for the long bolts to go through. The engine is from a 1970 G.P., and I'm using the original style rubber mounts.
The shroud I found has about a foot cut out of the bottom--a junkyard shortcut. I guess I'll try to fix it with tin or plastic, or see if I can locate another shroud.

Old 02-16-2001, 05:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bill, I think gtopilot reads these posts as he has one up for sale on eBay. See link below. Mike. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...10&r=0&t=0#BID

Old 02-16-2001, 06:44 PM

Mike--thanks a bunch for the info.
Bill

Old 02-26-2001, 12:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bill, I hope that was you that beat out bdunneGTO. I hate the way he boosts up the bidding on everything he bids on. I was watching it until the end of the auction. Mike.

Old 02-26-2001, 01:16 AM

Yeah, Mike, I was able to get a high bid in just in time. Thanks again for the tip--it saved me lots of junkyard scrounging.

Bill