Old 08-28-2005, 01:59 PM

Default '62 Bucket Seat Parts?

The driver side bucket in my '62 car is mushy and springs are broken in the seat back. Do parts from the passenger side interchange with the driver side? I sometimes see Corvair and other GM buckets that look pretty close but the driver sides are usually pretty well shot. I had good luck with the Reutter seats in 356 Porsche doing something like this. SMS seems to be the place for the heat embossed vinyl. Anyone get insert material from them? Thanks: Fred A

Old 09-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Regarding your question about the quality of SMS work it is the best. I just got a set of door panels redone for a '62 Catalina, plus all of the fabric and vinyl for the seat covers including the embossed upper seat backs. Absolutely beautiful!

The only downside to them is that you must order what you need six months before you will need it.