I Am looking for a
pontiac lemans in dark purple
sold about 7 years ago long island ny
reg address was valley stream
im trying to locate vin number
year 1967
400 block turbo 400 3 speed trani
sold with a broken tenbolt rear
that my husband sold before we meet and he talks about it all the time. His 30th birthday is near and I would love nothing more than to buy it back if at all posible. He works very hard for me and his little girl and I just want to get back his first love. I was told if anyone could help it would be you.
thank you in all you can do to help

Old 02-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default GRRRAPE

1967 lemans post sedan glass gto hood and front bumper full black bucket original interior
hurst auto stick 1 shifter fuel cell ralley 2's 68/400/th400 i think i have the vin # somewhere
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scan0001.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	156529  

Last edited by imposter; 02-02-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

i'm sure ths is long gone by now but here is some additional info p/s p/db tow hooks welded to frame MSD with mallory distributor & magnetic pick up holley blue mounted to rear frame 1/2" aluminum line long, all emblem holes brazed closed with lead, this car was bad ass for its day good luck this one is on the list of ones that i should have kept sohere is the vin 1967 ponti 2DSD PR vin # 237077G605868 this is a 1995 NY Registration

Old 02-03-2009, 09:44 PM

Thank you so very much for all your help I want nothing more than to do this for my husband

Old 02-04-2009, 10:55 AM
Senior Chief

Are you looking for his exact car or one like it?

By the way...your efforts alone will be very meaningful to him.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:04 AM

Now that i have the vin # I hope to find his car but if that fails im going to have to look for another are you selling one just like it thanks for getting back to me but keep your fingers crossed i would love to find his old one it was the one that got away his first love im just lucky to have him now

Old 02-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyoldman View Post
Now that i have the vin # I hope to find his car but if that fails im going to have to look for another are you selling one just like it thanks for getting back to me but keep your fingers crossed i would love to find his old one it was the one that got away his first love im just lucky to have him now
No, I don't have one for sale. I do have my "first" Pontiac. Not the actual one but one that I have made over to look like my first - only essentially brand new now! Still very nostalgic. Took it to dinner for our 30th anniversary and "cruised" all the old spots.

I didn't realize the one Imposter sent you was the exact car.

I would point you in the direction of Craigs List in the general and surrounding regions you believe the car to be.

Same with Ebay. with Ebay, search both active and completed listings. Often they go unsold and the seller still has them but has been discouraged by ridiculous bids.

In both cases, search for both Lemans and GTO because people selling Lemans's often put GTO in their description to capture that market as well.

If you have trouble with Ebay, let me know and I will look for you.

Old 02-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Now that you have the vin # try using
vin number search
as a Google search. There are many services (CarFax, etc) ) that will do a search by vin.