Old 02-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Are you gonna post it?
cm

Old 02-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Guess Not

Old 02-09-2009, 11:25 PM

Someone with a flatbed who deserves your car more than you would be hard to stop, but for most,how about a hidden ignition switch combined with a hood lock.
Not that I know how to lock the hood...

Old 02-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's a very reliable device that is stand along, or tied to your security system.You have one or two channels for inputs. It uses your home phone line. Dials out to any phone number that you program and plays your recorded message when activated. Cost under $200 Can.

Also has two way communication once connected to your cell or land line that you programmed in.

Very nice device.. It's called a Automatic Voice/Pager Dialer System..

http://www.homesecuritystore.com/ezS...?productID=575

http://www.unitedsecurity.com/pages/dialers.html

Charles

68 Firebird. IA2 block, 505 cu in, E-head, Solid roller 3650 weight. Reid TH400 4:11 gear. 29" slick.
Best so far 10.12@133 mph. 1.43 60 ft.
76 Trans am, TKX .81 o/d, 3.73 Moser rearend,
468 with KRE D-ports, Doug headers, 3" Exh.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Ultimate Warrior

LoJack. Nuff said.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My daughters car is going to be a natural target once it's finished. I think that one of those GPS devices would be an excellent investment. They may get it but they won't have much time to do anything with it before the cops are on their ass.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:05 AM

Default sorry for delay in response

for those interested in my system it is not that complicated simply cut the wire to the starter from the coil and install switch between the cut wires i installed mine inside the car under the seat i just make a point to slide my driver seat back so when i am sliding seat forward i can trigger the switch.also i used pushbutton switch that is soft coverd (like horn button) in order to start my car even with the keyes in the iginition youmust push the switch at the same time as turning the key to the start position . also i installed a line lock (drag racers use these to lock the front wheels for power brakes)it installes in the brake system on a electronic switch this switch is also hidden under drivers switch . having both installed it means unless you hit both switches the car will not start and you cant easily move the car hope this helps prevent your cars from dissapearing. lojack is great but isn't the idea to keep them from leaving with them in the first place .My system would also help prevent car jacking even if you give them the keys they wont be able to start it with out hitting the switch . ( by installing the way i said the dash acts like normal so they think it is bad starter)

Old 02-24-2009, 09:41 PM

gps and lojak dont work in a warehouse or a overseas shipping container think the idea is to keep them from driving off with it in the first place

Old 02-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71lemanssprt View Post
for those interested in my system it is not that complicated simply cut the wire to the starter from the coil and install switch between the cut wires i installed mine inside the car under the seat i just make a point to slide my driver seat back so when i am sliding seat forward i can trigger the switch.also i used pushbutton switch that is soft coverd (like horn button) in order to start my car even with the keyes in the iginition youmust push the switch at the same time as turning the key to the start position . also i installed a line lock (drag racers use these to lock the front wheels for power brakes)it installes in the brake system on a electronic switch this switch is also hidden under drivers switch . having both installed it means unless you hit both switches the car will not start and you cant easily move the car hope this helps prevent your cars from dissapearing. lojack is great but isn't the idea to keep them from leaving with them in the first place .My system would also help prevent car jacking even if you give them the keys they wont be able to start it with out hitting the switch . ( by installing the way i said the dash acts like normal so they think it is bad starter)
if they can get under your hood, the coil and push-start switch are rendered useless in less than 60 seconds with 2 pieces of wire. as for the line lock, they'll be slowed down until they find it and jump it too.