Missing Pontiacs, Parts or Trailers Include lost or stolen items here

Old 01-11-2009, 07:10 AM

Default Stolen 1969 GTO Convertible...

Looking for a 1969 GTO convertible stolen around 1979-80 from Back-Bay Boston... it was that slightly greenish-brown color that I believe was called "Espresso Brown"... car was an automatic 4-barrel non-hidden-headlight car with "tan" (don't know the correct color term) interior and factory power windows, originally delivered with deluxe wheel covers but equipped with a set of 14"/15" Keystone Kustomag Classics when stolen. I am still searching my files for the VIN but the car had a very unique identifying mark hidden on it.

I know it's been a long time, but I still miss her!

Old 01-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool Odd...

the only car I've seen fitting this description is the RA IV car that sold awhile back. Anyway....good luck! Ron

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:27 PM

Thanks! I believe that may be the car I also saw, a number of years ago, at one of the POCI nationals. There are so many re-painted red ones now that I'm always checking, just in case...

It's probably long gone -- maybe even in Boston Bay -- but you never know.

I remember when I was a kid a "questionable" salvage yard having a complete and perfect '68 GTO hardtop hidden way out in the woods, beyond all the other cars... it still had plates (out of state), so I always wondered if it was a stolen or towed car. Then there was a guy during the same period (circa 1980) somewhere just south of Boston (I think it could have been Mattapan, a top chop-shop area during that time) who collected an entire lot, next to his multi-family, of complete GTOs and Firebirds that remained there for years, just stuffed-in next to each other, door-handle-to-door-handle. Unfortunately the only time I ever saw it was from the window of the train so I never knew the location. Who knows, he may have restored them all by now!